Post-Game Talk: Now thats a complete effort. Leafs win 4-0

griffon1

Feb 14, 2018
Adrift at sea
I picked these tickets at the start of the season because I thought the Habs and Leafs would be competing for a playoff spot and they are usually good games. Last night, the habs were awful, no push back at all. The score flattered them. Still a fun game to be at though./

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
None of the Caps rookies are under 22. Looks like the majority are 23 and older, so probably developed like any good organization would. Kind of like Johnsson has been developed with the Leafs.
I'd also add that including guys that get a cup of coffee kind of waters down the argument. Caps have four rookies, none of which plays anything more than depth role.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
.. it's all about the PP.

nylander has more even strength points than Marner

the difference maker is the PP

Nylander has taken a step. Last year he had 35 even strength points. This season he has 43 already

And here's something no one would have anticipated (Except maybe Babcock). Hyman already has 35 even strength points this year (just 1 behind Marner). And next year, with both JvR and Komarov gone, he might actually get some PP time to add to that.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
It doesn't have to be a group of three. If Rielly has done anything, it's remind people that we have an elite talent on the back end as well.

But the whole idea of Big Three came from us having a trio of rookies of a quality level that's pretty unmatched. Any use of it now is just a reference to that group of rookies.

In terms of evaluating a core, it's definitely a group of four.
Group of 5 if you include Andy I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->