Post-Game Talk: Not a big surprise Jets lose 7-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Whatever the score was last night we will always have this and that's what really gets under the skin of Leaf fans

1648820145416.png

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
So why is Lowry the coach? Is it purely a case of nobody wanting to coach Winnipeg or the ownership being too cheap to hire somebody else? Because he’s just No Name Maurice without the quirky pressers. Like where is the team going?

Reactions: Lions67 and rkp

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Jets are still a flawed team with a ton of holes and questionable coaching but I found that 5v5 we held our own with them. Just took lazy/tired penalties that came back to bite us in the ass.

Still like a 5-10% chance of making it. GJG

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
So why is Lowry the coach? Is it purely a case of nobody wanting to coach Winnipeg or the ownership being too cheap to hire somebody else? Because he’s just No Name Maurice without the quirky pressers. Like where is the team going?

Well, I'd say it's because management had no real intention to fire Maurice (which is hard to imagine but it appears to be the case) and therefore had no alternative plan in place and were blind-sided by his resignation...and so they chose to go with Lowry for now and will make a decision in the fast-approaching off season.

Reactions: surixon

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Hard to say. It's probably bit of everything. Cheap could be one thing but as usual TNSE was reactive instead of proactive and there wasn't many options. They are not exactly know for their out of the box thinking either. Regardless how this year ends they can not bring back this staff.

Reactions: RabidOne

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

He's the coach because Maurice left mid-season and the Jets named an interim, like pretty much every other team that loses their coach part way through the season.

I'm sure he won't be next season.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Ferraro has never really been too afraid to point out bad plays. I think he was caught with a live mic shittalking Paul Martin during a commercial break back when the NHL's GCL was a lot less professionally done and they'd sometimes forget to put up the "Commercial in progress" splash.

who is "Paul Martin"?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Game went a little against the Jets MO lately. Lately we've had trouble starting games, but last night we got the first 2 goals and also had a 3-2 lead.

Very sloppy play though after the first 2 goals. Playing the B2B might be a contributor, but also just Jet breakdowns and poor positioning and lazy stick plays. Way too many lazy O zone penalties.

Which was the main factor in the game as the Jets went back to the early season terrible special teams play. The PP and PK killed them last night.

Scheifele does need to have his fire re-lit, but this whole coaching staff needs to go IMO.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Why would they let an American hockey player be the PM?

(just a joke in case anyone is questioning my intelligence :P )
I question your intelligence enough based on your other posts :sarcasm:

I’m just kidding :P Sorry!

Reactions: Jet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad