Post-Game Talk: Not a big surprise Jets lose 7-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
That experiment on display tonight blew up in their face.
1648777769663.png

Maybe this should have been a Hellebuyck night. But up against a firepower team like Toronto, did we stand a chance? Actually, it looked like it early, but there was no finish, or even a middle for that matter. It seems like Winnipeg only works in a certain, delicate matter, and going off routine (such as taking a lead early) doesn't make things work for this team.

Toronto is better, hands down. Too little, too late for this season.

1 Stan and a Hatchet
stan.png
hatchet.png

Last edited:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Sorry folks, I must have jinxed it by watching.

The can was not a pretty sight tonight. I would try hiring a maid, but I'm guessing I couldn't afford the hazard pay.

On to the next one.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
1, lowry is the most useless coach I have ever seen
2. Its games like these where you really appreciate Helle
3. so sick and tired of scheif and his piss poor efforts.. I dont care what he does on offense he is a lazy bum and I want him gone
4. jets have always been a low iq team that takes stupid penalties and tonight it cost them the game

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Despite what anyone wants to think, this was always more than likely a loss, being the second of a b2b. At best this was going to be an OT point. Teams average less points on the back end of these, especially hard coming from an OT game in the first game. Thought they came out well, ran out of gas was expected for me, especially without Connor and Schmidt.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Not a lovely one.. I also won't go after the refs. We looked dog tired out there.

Going with 4/5 dostoevsky guys on this one.

- Calmrie had a tough second period
- Charanna played its thugs, very classy

I will make the observation that their goalie is no saviour.

Can't win them all. Next!
I think the third comment on the Leafs board was complaining about the dirty jets sending out goons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad