Post-Game Talk: Not a big surprise Jets lose 7-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Haven't read this thread so I don't know what anyone else thought but I had 2 thoughts about this game.
1) A very good game spoiled by the penalty parade. Not blaming the refs. But constant penalties wrecked what started out looking like a very good game.

2) The early pace was great. The Jets got a little sloppy and spent 1 shift in particular hemmed in their own end. But starting from the time they finally got out until the back to back penalties they played what I would like to see as their 'identity'. I think it was about 10 minutes worth, give or take. Some of the best hockey I have seen from them this year.

It was a fast paced, close checking, hard on the puck style that was causing turnovers and got them into a 2-0 lead. They never really got back to that after the penalties started.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Maybe it was prime Wheeler and Buff proping Mark up all those years ago. Wheeler clearly can't drive play like he could back then any longer but still looks good when played with Morrissey complete players that can drive the play for him. Mark still looks like a mess in 2 of 3 zones.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I think the third comment on the Leafs board was complaining about the dirty jets sending out goons.
Dubois is still in their heads over there. I wonder why, honestly?

Anyways I didn’t bother with the game tonight because I was busy but checked the score on my phone. Kinda went as expected.

Reactions: Fairview

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Yup, he was my clear favorite the first 5 or so years he played. The last few have been rough with this one really souring me on him. Even when Morrissey was struggling you at least saw fairly consistent effort even if the execution was off. With Mark its like he just doesn't care at all, something is off. I don't know if he wants out or is unhappy with his contract/place on the team, or if there might be a mental disorder but something is clearly impacting him.
He wants out…trade him to Phoenix

Reactions: WolfHouse

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I like the coach for the Leafs, and I think the Jets need a coach like him. Doesn't get rattled very easy, and always shows great composure. His teams also play a disciplined style of play. Would not be surprised to see the Leafs win the Cup one day. We need a coach like that IMO.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Maybe it was prime Wheeler and Buff proping Mark up all those years ago. Wheeler clearly can't drive play like he could back then any longer but still looks good when played with Morrissey complete players that can drive the play for him. Mark still looks like a mess in 2 of 3 zones.
Perhaps Mark looked upon Buff as a task master, giver of conscience, authority figure. It might explain why he appears to have his rudder shot away.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I like the coach for the Leafs, and I think the Jets need a coach like him. Doesn't get rattled very easy, and always shows great composure. His teams also play a disciplined style of play. Would not be surprised to see the Leafs win the Cup one day. We need a coach like that IMO.
His pedigree was good in the lesser leagues too. Its no surprise that he is succeeding.

Reactions: GNP and surixon

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He hasn't won a playoff round with that team yet. This team needs a Sutter type coach that isn't scared to bench anyone .

Reactions: hockeyarena

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I'm totally deflated after watching last night's game. Honestly, I didn't expect a win especially after playing the night before. However, I expected a little more effort (aside from a few minutes in the first period). And after watching Scheifele's backchecking effort on that shorty...........

I've got family including all of my grandkids out in Calgary so I'm seriously thinking of jumping on their bandwagon.

I've enjoyed reading and participating here but I'm done with the Jets for this season. I'll be back next year.

Cheers.

Reactions: scelaton

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Missed the game because of other commitments, but doesn't sound like there were any surprises.

That backcheck by 55 in the clip earlier in this thread.......... he's got to go. There is no room on a professional sports team for someone who puts in that kind of effort. I don't care how many points they put up, that is toxic to a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad