GDT: North Bubble Rivalry Renewed - Jets @ SBA - 1/24/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
""

Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe said following practice that the team doesn't know if Bertuzzi will be available on Wednesday but that they're preparing to have Holmberg remain on Tavares' wing, just in case.

Reactions: wingman75

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
""

Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe said following practice that the team doesn't know if Bertuzzi will be available on Wednesday but that they're preparing to have Holmberg remain on Tavares' wing, just in case.

Always interesting to learn/understand non-hockey pressures some of these players are under. We focus so much on the on-ice performance, we sometimes forget about real-life. I think Samsonov and Brodie exemplify that this season, no doubt this has weighed on Bert as well.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Expecting Samsonov back in tonight, it's going to be a tough test for him.
Hopefully he can build off his last game.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Samsonov played well at Seattle but this is a much tougher test.

He made a game saving pad save late in that game, but had the Seattle player got it in the air is the media talking about him being back? Lets see if he play like and NHL goalie these next two games.

Reactions: arso40

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
Well we’ve been saying for years that we’re going to need our draft picks to supply us with good cheap contracts during their entry levels. Now our entire left wing group is made up of entry level leaf drafted (or developed as in McCann) players. Encouraging I guess.

Please please Sammy show us you’re a true nhl goaltender again!

Reactions: Lauro

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Always interesting to learn/understand non-hockey pressures some of these players are under. We focus so much on the on-ice performance, we sometimes forget about real-life. I think Samsonov and Brodie exemplify that this season, no doubt this has weighed on Bert as well.
What’s Brodie going through ?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

What has weighed on Bert? He is not the first NHL player to have a baby on the way.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
It's not like he's having the baby. She does all the work.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What has weighed on Bert? He is not the first NHL player to have a baby on the way.
Who knows? Everyone's situation is different.
I was lucky, my wife thrived on being pregnant, it was pretty easy for us. Others have issues/complications, whatever.

I don't know their situation. He's been pretty terrible, or at best ineffective, just trying to find an excuse I guess.
Needs to keep his hair out of his eyes.

Reactions: wingman75

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Who knows? Everyone's situation is different.
I was lucky, my wife thrived on being pregnant, it was pretty easy for us. Others have issues/complications, whatever.

Needs to keep his hair out of his eyes.
...or put some tape on the knob of his stick lol

FqaE54JXwAI3eu9-800x558.jpg

horner

May 22, 2007
He's not on LTIR, he's on IR.

The first step is putting him on waivers though... see if he clears. I wonder if he'd agree to mutual contract termination?
Did the pay him a bonus I don't think he would except a termination. Unless the offer him something in the organization.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Did the pay him a bonus I don't think he would except a termination. Unless the offer him something in the organization.
No signing bonuses.

Termination would only be an option, if he felt he could play in the NHL somewhere, and his current contract is an impediment for that. As it currently stands, it looks like his playing days in the NHL are pretty much over... I can't see who would trade for him, and that contract, and I don't see us paying anyone to take it... so, if he wants to play again, it's contract termination...

Even at league min, he's pretty marginal to be in the league.. but I guess there is a chance someone would want him.

Reactions: horner

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Hope Sammy regains his form of course, but his confidence issues are out of the bag and alarming if there's any intention of him being the starter for this team again. Even if he gets back into form confidence problems don't just disappear, they hibernate until the next time he gets lit up.

Other wise, better pray that when Woll gets back he's on point and doesn't get hurt again, ever.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
It sounds like he’s claiming to be healthy while the Leafs have him on LTIR. He is forcing their hand.
I don't believe he was ever on LTIR, it was just IR which has no cap savings for the Leafs. Bad piece of reporting by TSN

Reactions: BallardEra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad