GDT: North Bubble Rivalry Renewed - Jets @ SBA - 1/24/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The Jets don't suck anymore unfortunately, this one will be a tough game

They haven't allowed more than 3 goals since November 2nd.....
Leafs will win this game and Samsonov will be the reason why. I think he is going to go on a nice run and buy the team a bit more time to get Woll back in good shape.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Going to be in tough the next two.
Win or lose at least we'll know whether Van Ryn has passed all the tests.

Don’t know much about Van Ryn’s coaching preferences but at Real Sports the 50% of the game used sticks seem to be Van Ryn. For a coach that guy goes through a lot of pro stock.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Wouldn't it stick in their craw if the Leafs were the ones to end their streak. It is impressive can't lie. Both their goalies have been outstanding.
Almost certain that the Jets will start Brossoit on Wednesday, and despite his numbers this season I can see the Leafs offense beating him up.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don't think the schedule will be an issue for the Leafs. To be honest, they will probably benefit from playing some better teams.
But they’re boring teams. I know they have to play the western conference so I guesss it’s good to get them out of the way.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
They play Winnipeg this week… hard to get excited about that.
I haven't watched any Jets games this season, but I have trouble believing they are as good as their record suggests. This is basically the same team that positively turtled against Vegas in the first round last season. I think they've just been on an unsustainable heater since the end of December beating up on some of the league's worst teams (Minny x2, San Jose, Anaheim, Chicago, Columbus, Ottawa, NYI, etc.) and will come back down to Earth.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Not terribly fond of the title. Hasn't "bubble" usually only be used for situations like the 2020 NHL, NBA, and MLB playoffs where multiple teams are brought together in on spot to play all their games? Do we really want to stretch the term to include all seasons under strict COVID restrictions like the 2020 MLB regular season or the 2020-21 NHL season?

"COVID North Division rivalry" or something similar might be more accurate.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Not terribly fond of the title. Hasn't "bubble" usually only be used for situations like the 2020 NHL, NBA, and MLB playoffs where multiple teams are brought together in on spot to play all their games? Do we really want to stretch the term to include all seasons under strict COVID restrictions like the 2020 MLB regular season or the 2020-21 NHL season?

"COVID North Division rivalry" or something similar might be more accurate.
who cares?

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Wouldn't it stick in their craw if the Leafs were the ones to end their streak. It is impressive can't lie. Both their goalies have been outstanding.
The new part is that it's not just their goalies carrying the team along with timely goals from their forwards, they're genuinely elite defensively now

An elite defense + arguably the best goalie in the league is a great duo to have

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I always hate playing winnipeg

Hellebuyck is always near unbeatable, and that’s with them being an otherwise average team but they look very good now

We will need all core 4, even the corpse of Tavares going. Depth and defence has to be on point. Samsonov cannot turn into a seive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad