GDT: North Bubble Rivalry Renewed - Jets @ SBA - 1/24/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Leafs will win this game and Samsonov will be the reason why. I think he is going to go on a nice run and buy the team a bit more time to get Woll back in good shape.

That's some admirable optimism.
But personally I'm going to need a bit more than an admittedly solid performance by Sammy against a depleted team that's been in a tailspin and can't score lately. If he stands tall against a very good Jets squad, I'll definitely be impressed.

Reactions: supermann_98

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
I haven't watched any Jets games this season, but I have trouble believing they are as good as their record suggests. This is basically the same team that positively turtled against Vegas in the first round last season. I think they've just been on an unsustainable heater since the end of December beating up on some of the league's worst teams (Minny x2, San Jose, Anaheim, Chicago, Columbus, Ottawa, NYI, etc.) and will come back down to Earth.

No - some teams just put it together, a maturation process can happen. What we hope happens to our team

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
When's the last time the Leafs actually beat a good team?

This should be a good litmus test game for them.

He's out versus Boston tonight but hoping to play against the Leafs on Wednesday.

Suppose if you don't count the Kings since they've been on a slide lately it was December 12 again the Rangers. Damn

Reactions: BallardEra

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Leafs will win this game and Samsonov will be the reason why. I think he is going to go on a nice run and buy the team a bit more time to get Woll back in good shape.
JFC. :skeptic:

That's some admirable optimism.
But personally I'm going to need a bit more than an admittedly solid performance by Sammy against a depleted team that's been in a tailspin and can't score lately. If he stands tall against a very good Jets squad, I'll definitely be impressed.
It’s not optimism. It’s his schtick. Makes outrageous claims to just annoy the fanbase.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Suppose if you don't count the Kings since they've been on a slide lately it was December 12 again the Rangers. Damn

Then you have to count the Flames as a “good team” because they were on a win streak when facing Toronto. It’s too subjective, that’s why I don’t like the strength of schedule arguments.

Reactions: bax and BallardEra

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Sammy was phenomenal vs Seattle but that facial expression…

This Winnipeg miniseries is going to be tough.
Phenomenal??
Seattle? They couldn't get a puck over his pad, 3 times in a row as he laid on his face.
How many actual shots?
Wait for his mental break the day of an important game, not in down town Seattle. Wait until Philly fans get their teeth in him.wait until Leaf fans see him give up 6 and he will run back to the closet.
31 other teams passed on him for a reason. Other teams gave up on him. I don't see him as a savior, or even a back up. Hope I am wrong because we need that,
His wasted 3.5, Klingberg 4.5 and Reaves 1.5 per, would get us a good dman

Reactions: supermann_98

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
JFC. :skeptic:

It’s not optimism. It’s his schtick. Makes outrageous claims to just annoy the fanbase.
So it was an outrageous claim when i said i though the Leafs would lose to Seattle last night? Is it outrageous optimism when I have been calling for a coaching change like others? People have these things called opinions. You are even allowed to have different ones than me. I imagine you are driven by emotion when it comes to this team. I am not. Do you see me here after wins heaping praise on the team or any individual players, or doing the opposite when they lose? I get your schtick - you think the team is terrible and you usually seem to revel in criticizing the team after losses. Totally your prerogative, but it's as much a schtick as anything else.

Reactions: DragoGrizzly

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
No - some teams just put it together, a maturation process can happen. What we hope happens to our team
I can buy an argument that Vancouver has matured, but it seems like a stretch with Winnipeg. I think they've just had a nice winning streak. Let's see if they can win in Boston tonight.

Start Samsonov again. Test him, see if he is turning the corner and on the way to a heater.
I would be shocked if he doesn't start. Going back to jones for this game would be a bizarre decision.

Reactions: bax

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Then you have to count the Flames as a “good team” because they were on a win streak when facing Toronto. It’s too subjective, that’s why I don’t like the strength of schedule arguments.
Kings were securely in a playoff spot when they beat them 3-0 if I remember correctly which is why I added them. Rangers I’d say would be the leafs last win against a true contender team. That’s a long time.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
So it was an outrageous claim when i said i though the Leafs would lose to Seattle last night? Is it outrageous optimism when I have been calling for a coaching change like others? People have these things called opinions. You are even allowed to have different ones than me. I imagine you are driven by emotion when it comes to this team. I am not. Do you see me here after wins heaping praise on the team or any individual players, or doing the opposite when they lose? I get your schtick - you think the team is terrible and you usually seem to revel in criticizing the team after losses. Totally your prerogative, but it's as much a schtick as anything else.
Nope. Wrong again.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Certified Beauty!
beauty.jpg

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Team needs to start showing some dominance at home; no better time to do this than with a win against the Jets.

Start Samsonov (I know, I know), dress NIcky, dress Timmins, sit Gio again. If you want to dress McMann over Gregor, then fine (meh).

Prediction - JT breaks out of his skid.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I might opt to utilize both goalies in this unconventional back-to-back situation against the same team (Samsonov for the home game on Wednesday).

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
The Peg have had a great season but I don't consider them a true contender. I can't see them beating out any of Van, Edm, Vegas or Avs. Even LA and Dal are strong teams. But I will say getting rid of the whiny PLD while getting back some very useful players has reset that team. Forgot about the other douche in Wheeler as well. I am also a big fan of Perfetti.

First game back from west coast trip isn't normally pretty but I say the Leafs win this one.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I've been calling out TJ Brodie quite a bit. just saw on twitter (some nobody account saying this) so posting here to see if its verified info?

basically the account said that TJ Brodie' father passed away recently and his wife has MS

is this true or is that dude just making shit up? can someone confirm?

• Wow
Reactions: Cleetus

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I've been calling out TJ Brodie quite a bit. just saw on twitter (some nobody account saying this) so posting here to see if its verified info?

basically the account said that TJ Brodie' father passed away recently and his wife has MS

is this true or is that dude just making shit up? can someone confirm?
Both true and I’m fairly sure she was diagnosed before he arrived in Toronto.

Want to be wrong but I feel Robertson is getting scratched on Wednesday
Keefe is stupid not full rtard

• Wow
Reactions: PromisedLand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad