North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
I would say lack of opportunity.
Pazii and Therrien playing time has been cut since trade.
They get 5-7 min/game and no PP or PK.
Line 1 and 2 get 17-22min/game plus PP and PK
Pro gets 12-17/game and PP and PK
Cook gets 7 -12 / game and PK
A.Leblanc 10-12 / game and PP

Leblanc lack of opportunity on a team with other top D

Nelson top mins plus PP 1 and PK
Mathurin Top mins plus PK
Christopolis top mins plus PK
Leblanc high mins plus PP2
Is this hand tracked or is there actually some sort of database?

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Traditional 11 / 7 deployment: 12 McDowell remains in, 27 A. Leblanc remains out. I was wondering if coach might put in a bunch of extras to rest some stars, but it looks like business as usual. They have not named a starting goalie as at noon. PBO’s Easton Rye (5.82, .847) has their net. Attendance might nudge the 4000 mark.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
1711587105193.png

JRHockeyBUZZZ

Mar 28, 2024
Happy Opening Play-off Day! First Eastern Conference breakdown we are looking at will be the (2) North Bay Battalion taking on the (7) Kingston Frontenacs.

Battalion come into this series as one of the top teams in the Ontario Hockey League. Lead by Anthony Romani who has been turning Nhl scouts eyes to him with 111 Points. Dalyn Wakely not far behind him with 104 Points. Ty Nelson was once again one of the best dman in the league putting up 52 points in 54 games while also eating significant minutes. In between the pipes for the Battalion is Winnipeg Jets prospect Dom Divincentiis, Dom has seen his stats regress from last season as he has posted a more league average save% of .895 as opposed to his league leading .917 last season. Battalion look to attack early and often and will turn to their Powerplay which is ranked 3rd in the eastern conference at 22.8%.

For Kingston the Fronts turn to their top guns. Paul Ludwinski Blackhawks prospect has put up 69 Points in 60 games. The draft eligible Jacob Battaglia right behind him with 65 Points in 67Gp. on The back end look for Quinton Burns (St Louis Blues) to log signifcant minutes and be tasked with trying to shutdown the troops top guns. Burns who put up 120 PIM (6th). also tallied 35 points for the Black & gold. In Between the pipes for Kingston expect to see the work horse Mason Vaccari. Vaccari played 59 games this season going 27-27-3 with a .880 Save% & 3.55 GAA .

I expect the series to be a fast and physical matchup. the Troops will look to take advantage of the Loud Memorial Gardens & take an early series lead before heading back to K-Town.

The season series finished with both teams winning 2 Games. (North Bay won 9-0, 8-6) Kingston won (4-3 & 4-3OT) .

I think north Bay has too much fire power for Kingston to contain. My prediction North Bay Battalion sweep the Fronts.

Reactions: Uncle

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
New Normal remains: 11F / 7D - 12 T. McDowell is still in, 27 A. LeBlanc is still out. No starter named as yet, presume DDV. M. Vaccari is in net for KGN.

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
Tough loss without Romani but Therrian can bump up and they have so much other offensive depth and weapons.
First 5 minutes were dominant for NB, super physical and Kingston has a lot of softer skill type guys not built for playoff hockey.
Saturday night NB goes up 2-0 in the series no problem.
Great atmosphere in the Gardens tonight

Reactions: The Green Tank

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Tough loss without Romani but Therrian can bump up and they have so much other offensive depth and weapons.
First 5 minutes were dominant for NB, super physical and Kingston has a lot of softer skill type guys not built for playoff hockey.
Saturday night NB goes up 2-0 in the series no problem.
Great atmosphere in the Gardens tonight
He didn’t play most of the game but you can’t say without him as he opened the scoring lol.

North bay won the 1st period, kingston periods 2 and 3.

Will be interesting to see if romani plays again game 2

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
He didn’t play most of the game but you can’t say without him as he opened the scoring lol.

North bay won the 1st period, kingston periods 2 and 3.

Will be interesting to see if romani plays again game 2
You are correct - I'll work on my punctuation and sentence structure.
My sentiments were, it will be a tough loss for NB to lose #15, if he's out for an extended period of time.
#41 on the Fronts finished his check in the corner after #15 opened the scoring.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Hoping the Romani situation is minor because although Therrien is eager, he's not an equal replacement.
Therrien although isn’t one of your huge stars like wakely or Romani has played really well against the fronts this year in the games I’ve watched. Some players play better against certain teams. Maybe that’s why NB coach if giving him a chance- also he’s fast.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Therrien although isn’t one of your huge stars like wakely or Romani has played really well against the fronts this year in the games I’ve watched. Some players play better against certain teams. Maybe that’s why NB coach if giving him a chance- also he’s fast.
Fast and flashy just needs to keep his emotions in check. Seen Oulahen tell him to pump the brakes last night

Reactions: frontsfan67

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Out: Anthony Romani (58+53=111); Andrew LeBlanc (16+35=51). In: Dylan Richter (2+1=3); Nolan Laird (1+1=2). Deployment is back to the now unusual 12 / 6 alignment, Trevor McDowell being the casualty. I have a bad feeling about this one.

Reactions: Poster man

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Out: Anthony Romani (58+53=111); Andrew LeBlanc (16+35=51). In: Dylan Richter (2+1=3); Nolan Laird (1+1=2). Deployment is back to the now unusual 12 / 6 alignment, Trevor McDowell being the casualty. I have a bad feeling about this one.
With Laird and Richter in (both centres), does Procyszyn take Romani's spot on RW??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad