North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
In Seattle’s Monday split squad game, Ty Nelson played 18 min., +1, 3 SOG, 1 Hit, 0 Giveaways. At Tuesday’s Battalion workout, Pasquale Zito was not on the ice. I wonder if he is still with the team.

In ticket sales news, about 450 remain unsold as of this morning. This would put the attendance to at least 3800. It would be neat to meet or exceed the 4000 mark.

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
heard this am that #24 will not be back til Sunday, hope I heard wrong

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
great game last night, nice to see the young ukrainian kid get his first goal in his first game, shame that he lost the handle in the shootout. Kostuch buzzed a lot as well. I thought Turley had a really solid start to the game then a rough second half. Seems like he wanted to seize the opportunity with more ice time but got a little more and more out of control as the game went on. Having Nelson back will hopefully take the heat off and settle his game a bit. Curious to see what Arnsby and possibly Zito back will do to the lines. If they are confident with Procyszyn and Wakely staying at C this year I have to assume Zito will be the odd man out amongst the overagers.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
It looks like there are only about 50 tickets left for tonight. This should put attendance in the 4100 - 4200 range, great start.

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
great game last night, nice to see the young ukrainian kid get his first goal in his first game, shame that he lost the handle in the shootout. Kostuch buzzed a lot as well. I thought Turley had a really solid start to the game then a rough second half. Seems like he wanted to seize the opportunity with more ice time but got a little more and more out of control as the game went on. Having Nelson back will hopefully take the heat off and settle his game a bit. Curious to see what Arnsby and possibly Zito back will do to the lines. If they are confident with Procyszyn and Wakely staying at C this year I have to assume Zito will be the odd man out amongst the overagers.
I keep zito over ertel and make the positions work. Too many 200ft minor penalties from Ertel

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Agreed, for my money, it’s all Pasquale, all the time. What we don’t know is where his head is at, since he is apparently at home, possibly pondering his future. I know Justin Ertel has the NCAA, NHL draft/training camp cachet. But I can’t get past the ’23 playoffs. PZ 18GP, 7G 9A 16Pts. JE 20GP, 1G 5A 6Pts.

Oct 3, 2019
From what I’m hearing zito didn’t go to the leafs camp. He’s contemplating if he wants to come back and play hockey. Tough decisions for a 20 year old. Good luck PZ, hope you make the right decision, we need you here.

Reactions: dirty12

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
From what I’m hearing zito didn’t go to the leafs camp. He’s contemplating if he wants to come back and play hockey. Tough decisions for a 20 year old. Good luck PZ, hope you make the right decision, we need you here.
He must be doing well in school. Your seeing it more often where some of these guys prefer to jump headfirst into their careers instead of toil in the minor league systems riding the bus through their mid 20s.

I hope Pasquale comes back, but realistically it's a long road if he has NHL aspirations.

Reactions: SeniorJuniorFan

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Yeah I think I’d prefer Pasquale too, but I have to assume that he’s thinking of going the Canadian university route but I haven’t heard anything.

Dom is in tonight.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Pazii again, the rest of the second line seems asleep offensively but at least the youngster is going well, only saw the last ten minutes today though, was Kostuch good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad