North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree - although I also enjoy watching the Ice Dogs crew - fair and humorous.
They are a bit comical. The camera work is pretty good too. It’s really good in Flint imo.

As far as Theberge goes, every OHL team should so lucky to have a colour guy that has won OHL titles, a memorial cup, Calder cup, Spengler cup; and grew up with Clapper as his grandfather, and through marriage related to 3 more NHL alumni. He has a lot of hockey knowledge to share.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Missy fan here. Raj and Greg are my favourite. I find them very fair.
Was out of town on Thursday and caught the broadcast online. Could have told me I was watching the Windsor home broadcast with the amount of praise sent there way. Pretty sure north bays broadcast team is consistently praised for their non bias. Nice to see, makes the watching experience much more enjoyable as an away fan

Reactions: mtshapcott

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I just don't get the refereeing in this league....so frustrating!!! The worst thing you can do is work your butts off and get an early lead, only to be penalized over and over and over again with marginal calls...SAD!!
Safe to say Ty is feeling a lot better out there.
Is Vilmanis better than Petrov? Impressive run he is on.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Nice win fellas, way to take care of business tonight.
Dom, OVS and Romes with his 50th goal outstanding effort.
Sure hope Erts is ok and nothing real serious.
Pedal to the metal this weekend, all the best.
Go Troops Go!
About 30 seconds in Ertel took what looked a high hit. I saw only one more short shift from him, concussion protocol? He did not appear to have hurt his shoulder.

Reactions: Poster man

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
About 30 seconds in Ertel took what looked a high hit. I saw only one more short shift from him, concussion protocol? He did not appear to have hurt his shoulder.
took big hit from exijai #43 cant pronounce his name lol I personaly think itsconcussion protocol

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
The hit from F.X. (he of the first game back after 2 game suspension) in the first minute definitely looked high to me, sort of shoulder on chin. However, I just finished watching the game replay, and Justin played what looked like a regular number of shifts for the balance of the period. Until, that is, about 2+ min. remaining. You might recall a goaltender interference penalty on him. Without being able to do “slo-mo”, I stopped and started a number of times. Justin is at the edge of the crease, then plants both feet in the blue paint and is then engaged by 13 Sobolev. Defender pushes J.E. into goalie, Ertel is facing outward but somehow gets turned around by 13 and is facing into the net. He goes down in a heap and it really looks to me that he strikes his forehead on the crossbar on the way down. He then went to the penalty box under his own steam, returned with 10 sec. or so remaining and went into his end to help defend. Whistle with 7 sec., stayed on ice until buzzer, was first to the exit and did not return. We might not see him the rest of this weekend (or longer).

Reactions: dirty12

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Great insight senior junior fan, l do remember that play in the crease. Yikes!
Totally agree with your assessment on “Jack-eye” high hit on JT, right in front of referee Mr. Kane shaking his head “no”. Sad…

Reactions: SeniorJuniorFan

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
I don’t understand coach O’s thought process putting McIvor in.
Dom can’t play back to back games? The guy is going pro.
Back in 2014-15 Jake Smith played 3305 minutes in 56 games and in 2015-16 Jake played 3011 minutes in 52 games and wasn’t even drafted.

Reactions: SeniorJuniorFan

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Kind of an ugly looking sheet for today. 6 Therrien (who left early 3rd vs. PBO and didn’t return), is out. 9 Ertel is still out (no surprise), 21 Procyszyn is out (don’t know why, but his late hit from behind vs. PBO was questionable, maybe League is reviewing), but there is nothing in Media Notes. So, 11F, and numbers 10 and 11 are 19 Laird and 28 Forgione. Therefore there are essentially 3 forward lines. 7D includes 12 McDowell, DDV has the net.

Hopefully number 1 line can keep it rolling, but I have a bit of an uneasy feeling about this one.

Reactions: Poster man

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Kind of an ugly looking sheet for today. 6 Therrien (who left early 3rd vs. PBO and didn’t return), is out. 9 Ertel is still out (no surprise), 21 Procyszyn is out (don’t know why, but his late hit from behind vs. PBO was questionable, maybe League is reviewing), but there is nothing in Media Notes. So, 11F, and numbers 10 and 11 are 19 Laird and 28 Forgione. Therefore there are essentially 3 forward lines. 7D includes 12 McDowell, DDV has the net.

Hopefully number 1 line can keep it rolling, but I have a bit of an uneasy feeling about this one.
Good foresight.
May not have had the winner go in had Nelson not unfortunately slid in to the goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese