North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Huge Win this afternoon against the Bulldogs. First in our division and tied for first in the conference now. Keep rolling tomorrow in Niagara boys. 🏒🥅

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Formula for success:

road game vs. conference leader (8 wins in last 10);
get outshot by 6;
get out faceoff'd by 13;
power play pitches a shutout, and allows a shorthanded goal;
penalty kill gives up 1 in 3;
last year's top goalie allows 4;
et voila !!

Other notes: D-pair 4 Paul C. and 5 Tnias Mathurin were both +3. The Sandis Vilmanis sequence from catching the break away from behind, turning the puck back up ice and finishing the 3 way passing with a bullet shot for a goal was brilliant. Attendance was announced at 3100+, and I think the B-Dogs play to close to 100% capacity. It looked like there were a lot of fans disguised as empty seats.

Well done, Troops. Hopefully they can deliver a little pay back to the I-Dogs for the Jan. 21 game.

apfsds

Jan 23, 2024
He doesn’t have to give up anything. He already has 4 years guaranteed paid and can be used anywhere. He can get a US scholarship for Lacrosse as long as he doesn’t go to a school that has Div 1 hockey and use the OHL money to offset any costs.
2025/ 26 NCAA is going to change their stance on Major Jr (OHL) eligibility for their hockey program. Meaning after your fourth year in Major Jr, you can transfer to an NCAA school and play hockey. The difference with OHL and USHL right now is that OHL pays their players and pays for the transportation costs to camp.
This will give players more options.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
If there is any traction to what you’re implying you’re obviously VERY close to the Therrien camp. The saddest part of the whole thing is that you feel it’s necessary to air your dirty laundry on a discussion board. Sad and if that same character is coming from the player then it is more pathetic than anything.

Reactions: Davis Boyer

apfsds

Jan 23, 2024
If there is any traction to what you’re implying you’re obviously VERY close to the Therrien camp. The saddest part of the whole thing is that you feel it’s necessary to air your dirty laundry on a discussion board. Sad and if that same character is coming from the player then it is more pathetic than anything.
There’s being absolutely no dirty laundry being spilled on this discussion board. Yes it is a discussion board so you can give an objective opinion.
I’ve been watching the kid play since he was 12 along with much of the other OMHA and GTL Kids. I’ve also had a son go through the process. The contract and lacrosse situation is basic information that every parent knows who has a kid that plays. All I’m stating is that the OHL is a short four years and each kid has to maximize their potential in the situation that fits for him my son didn’t, and he got buried.

Do I think North Bay is the best place for him? Yes, I do and Talking with friends, I know he loves it there.

None of what I’m posting is coming from the kid or from the family, it’s just my opinion and what I’ve seen with other kids in similar situations.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
He doesn’t have to give up anything. He already has 4 years guaranteed paid and can be used anywhere. He can get a US scholarship for Lacrosse as long as he doesn’t go to a school that has Div 1 hockey and use the OHL money to offset any costs.
2025/ 26 NCAA is going to change their stance on Major Jr (OHL) eligibility for their hockey program. Meaning after your fourth year in Major Jr, you can transfer to an NCAA school and play hockey. The difference with OHL and USHL right now is that OHL pays their players and pays for the transportation costs to camp.
This will give players more options.
I doubt a player can use his four years 'guaranteed' to use while he is ohl eligible unless his ohl team releases his rights

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Therrien is a 2nd year player on a team coming off back to back division finals runs. He’s currently producing points on the 3rd line with a fellow 06 (1st round pick) and 04 rental the team spent assets on to acquire, line gets rolled ouy very frequently. Not to mention the team is primed for a pretty large sell off next season and “rebuild” around this 06 core.

Reactions: yacky

BiffTannen

Oct 2, 2022
I doubt a player can use his four years 'guaranteed' to use while he is ohl eligible unless his ohl team releases his rights
100% the case. A player only gets his school package for years played if he quits, regardless of what his contract says. If he's cut, injured, traded or ages out only then does he get what the contract states.

Reactions: dirty12

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
This doesn't display very well, but I tried to copy from the game summary. Maybe Wyatt reviewed it himself thinking the +6 number seemed low.

D
Kennedy, Wyatt

+7
0/0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad