North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
We need to play EP and JT more to develop them for the future here. EP is a first round pick and JT is putting up more points then most of the first rounders that year. If you look at the other top players in the 22 draft their playing big minutes. You only have 4 years in this league and the 2nd year is almost done. EP is on the radar but because of JTs size he's over looked. The way JT plays, I don't think he fits into the coaches plans and is utilized effectively. With his speed and offence we need to put him in those situations.
Our team is always based on seniority which hurts us in games and effects our future. We've had plenty of kids leave over the last few years because of not getting opportunity. We only have AR and WK from the 21 draft and got rid CK from the 23 draft. We need to keep these two or we're going to be dismal for the next five years.

Christopolous & Nelson have a few months left to develop in the OHL. They need to play mos.
Procsyzyn & Therrien are playing as much or more than Wakely and Romani did at 17. The Battalion seem to know what they’re doing

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Christopolous & Nelson have a few months left to develop in the OHL. They need to play mos.
Procsyzyn & Therrien are playing as much or more than Wakely and Romani did at 17. The Battalion seem to know what they’re doing
Except for their powerplay at the moment. That thing is atrocious.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Severe lack of power
Anyone have a Vimanis turnover tracker? Kidding (sorta)
Lack of movement. The crisp passing of last season is a thing of the past. We really lack that threat that can score from distance, too. Dvorsky's goal last night was a bullet.

Vilmanis from my very limited viewings needs a bigger blade. Lots of mishandled passes.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
I'm thinking they traded the wrong goaltender. The future doesn't look great in that department as i'm sure Dom (along with Nelson), will not be here next season.
Also, in the Templeton days, Bert would never trade a player within his own division, especially a goaltender as it will always come back to haunt you (as it did last night).
Another problem I saw was they never started the game with any energy. Possibly celebration Saturday night taking over 1st place.
I agree with Jerseys, take them out in the back field and burn them.
Charlie being Charlie. Good thing you’re not in charge.

IMG_2187.jpeg

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Our team are far too soft
When you're best D and best fwd have to fight
Best player gets hammered and nobody steps up. Ridiculous!!
I don’t disagree but I’m curious to see who’s all at 3 fights already for the season and it came down to not suspended. I’d assume JT6 and LA11 are already at 3, don’t want OV16 dropping the gloves from that top line. Don’t really want to take any physical D men out of the game for 5+ minutes with your #1 D out

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Hope Detroit is keeping a close eye on Mathurin, COVID year+shoulder cost him lots of live game development time. Great player to watch

Amidovski had a pretty solid sequence in the 3rd throwing the body around, curious to see how he looks a year from now

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Yikes..looks like Zito walked away from the Spitfires. Thinking he played a couple of games with them so we get our picks.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
well after todays game im sure McIvor as cemented the future netminding job for the troops. Sure am glad that Greatger is not in charge lol if you only watch games from your tv set and dont support the team . Keep your comments to yourself and wont look like an expert
Time will tell in this department. Right or wrong, I have my opinion, you have yours.

• Haha

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Who's your pick for most underrated player this year? I'm going to go with Van Steensel. Solid in all 3 zones, PK, shot blocking and a key player on the top line. Having a great offensive season as well. Doesn't get the press like the big boys.
Good call. Sadly, OVS has been underrated since he got here despite all of the attributes you noted above. It’s going to suck seeing that guy come back to NB in a different uniform next season.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
E-Pro21 is back, 7 B. Turley is out, standard 12/6 deployment, DDV and Brampton rookie J. Ivankovic (2.84 / .916) have the nets. 2 solid teams and division rivals look like they will put about 2400 in the building tonight.

Anthony Romani currently ranks #1 in points and #1 in goals in the league. I wonder if the team has ever had this combo this late in a season. The amazing ‘18/’19 campaign of Justin Brazeau comes to mind, he was 2nd in points by 4 and led in goals by 2 at the end of the season, don’t know about during.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
NB 3 MIS 0

Agree with G.G., total team win by the Battalion, great to see all goals from the 2nd line when the 1st was held off the score sheet for I imagine one of the few times this season. This might have been one of Cap'n Arny's best home games of the season: 1G, +2, 0PIM. He was effective all over the ice and was a tidy 7 out of 17 in faceoffs, well above his season average. Most importantly he kept pace with defensive defenceman Paul Christo. in the season points race at 18 each (I know, PC had an 8 game head start).
The Dom-inator was stellar in net and his all world save on the 2 on 0 shorthander (score 1-0 NB at the time) might have been the turning point. Nice to see him gradually pulling the GAA down, now about .40 below the season high (mind you still about 1.0 above last season's).

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
NB 3 MIS 0

Agree with G.G., total team win by the Battalion, great to see all goals from the 2nd line when the 1st was held off the score sheet for I imagine one of the few times this season. This might have been one of Cap'n Arny's best home games of the season: 1G, +2, 0PIM. He was effective all over the ice and was a tidy 7 out of 17 in faceoffs, well above his season average. Most importantly he kept pace with defensive defenceman Paul Christo. in the season points race at 18 each (I know, PC had an 8 game head start).
The Dom-inator was stellar in net and his all world save on the 2 on 0 shorthander (score 1-0 NB at the time) might have been the turning point. Nice to see him gradually pulling the GAA down, now about .40 below the season high (mind you still about 1.0 above last season's).
You sure don’t like the captain, there are so many factors that he brings outside of the stats that you love to bring up. The captain doesn’t need to put up the most points to be an effective leader. You can tell that the players on the team (the ones that matter in this case) love having Arnsby as their team leader. Find a better penalty killer, body checker and defensive forward in the league. Arnsby has been at or near the top of the Coaches Poll for the past 2 seasons in those categories and will most likely be there again this year when the results come out.
He will be vital if we are going to have any playoff success this year.

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
You sure don’t like the captain, there are so many factors that he brings outside of the stats that you love to bring up. The captain doesn’t need to put up the most points to be an effective leader. You can tell that the players on the team (the ones that matter in this case) love having Arnsby as their team leader. Find a better penalty killer, body checker and defensive forward in the league. Arnsby has been at or near the top of the Coaches Poll for the past 2 seasons in those categories and will most likely be there again this year when the results come out.
He will be vital if we are going to have any playoff success this year.
and next year when #11 is gone mark my word that #6 will be his replacement in all those categories

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
If you play close attention on Arnsby’s goal vs missy you can see him direct the entire sequence. Used his stick to point and indicate a drop pass from LeBlanc to Kennedy, rotated to the net front and used a head nod to call for the tip from Kennedy. Nice to see. Never has or will be a point producer. His play away from the puck and leadership is vital for a playoff run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad