North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We weren't going to win that one. But the goaltending was once again victimized. Kyrou saw right through Sime. Our defense is weak--Saban is an OA playing like a mediocre 18 year old, Bruce makes a hit only to give up a 5-bell scoring chance seconds later, Thilander still defensively clueless. Scoring depth was non-existent.

Brazeau is legit though--future captain. McMaster and Coe had some good chances. Simon Rose looked very confident with the puck.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
We weren't going to win that one. But the goaltending was once again victimized. Kyrou saw right through Sime. Our defense is weak--Saban is an OA playing like a mediocre 18 year old, Bruce makes a hit only to give up a 5-bell scoring chance seconds later, Thilander still defensively clueless. Scoring depth was non-existent.

Brazeau is legit though--future captain. McMaster and Coe had some good chances. Simon Rose looked very confident with the puck.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
package Thilander...Mackenzie,,,,Saban and get Rose Vescio...Mailhot some ice time...give Lyle Sabans ice time ...grant his wish

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Logical decision here is to try & get Murdaca by throwing in Lyle (get him as far away from here as he can), & whatever else he has. Hell for what Mckenzie's been doing throw him into the mix too. IMO
But we're talking Stanley here where any good decision probably won't be made. Then, you have the fact that not a lot of players will play for him or even report here.
If he doesn't make a serious concrete decision after last nights 8-2 blowout then he should be fired from all duties (one can only hope).

Bubba P

Nov 12, 2012
Logical decision here is to try & get Murdaca by throwing in Lyle (get him as far away from here as he can), & whatever else he has. Hell for what Mckenzie's been doing throw him into the mix too. IMO
But we're talking Stanley here where any good decision probably won't be made. Then, you have the fact that not a lot of players will play for him or even report here.
If he doesn't make a serious concrete decision after last nights 8-2 blowout then he should be fired from all duties (one can only hope).
Does Butler own part of the team? Thats the only reason I can see why he still has a job. Any other coach would have been fired long ago. His record as coach of the Battalion is a losing one & he has never won anything.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Does Butler own part of the team? Thats the only reason I can see why he still has a job. Any other coach would have been fired long ago. His record as coach of the Battalion is a losing one & he has never won anything.

Don't know for sure but the owner and him are good friends. I was never a Butler fan even when he coached the Oshawa Generals he implores a boring style of hockey, I dread going to a generals game when the battalion are in town.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
10 games played - 7 at home - 8 points

Attendance over the last 5 home games:

Below 2000 by mid November is my guess then all the bleeding hearts will whine that we're going to lose our team and remind us that they are just kids. Butler gives zero $hit$ about the fans or his players, soon there will be no kids willing to play in his world. He doesn't have the players that buy in to his nonsense any more and it is very evident.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Tough game last night, sarnia very good team but biggest difference was in goalies. Battalion had many very good looks and Hughes came up big a couple times (not saying it would've been a tie game or anything) but would have been much closer.

Dineen will need to play 40 mins a night for us. No coe on any power play even when losing badly is questionable.
A second power play with Saban and Bruce on D is laughable, both handle pucks like grenades...

I wish they'd grant Lyle his wish of more ice time instead of getting their hand forced into a poor deal. In reality I'd rather have him on the ice than every d not name dineen (at time thilander as well but not always)

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Tough game last night, sarnia very good team but biggest difference was in goalies. Battalion had many very good looks and Hughes came up big a couple times (not saying it would've been a tie game or anything) but would have been much closer.

Dineen will need to play 40 mins a night for us. No coe on any power play even when losing badly is questionable.
A second power play with Saban and Bruce on D is laughable, both handle pucks like grenades...

I wish they'd grant Lyle his wish of more ice time instead of getting their hand forced into a poor deal. In reality I'd rather have him on the ice than every d not name dineen (at time thilander as well but not always)
I agree. If it were me this year I would've preferred...

Dineen - Lyle
Shankar - Thilander
Allair/Rose - Bruce

Keeping Saban over Shankar was a headscratcher in a league where the ability to handle the puck is so important. The way I see it is we've got two average to below average junior defensemen eating up two OA slots. And for a coach/GM who doesn't seem overly committed to the development of young guys not unlike Brady Lyle, you'd think he'd be the type of coach/GM who's committed to winning at all costs. Hate to pile on the guy but right now he looks like neither.

In this league, if you're 20 years old, you need to dominate your competition or you need to be very good at one or two aspects of the game that makes you very valuable to your team. Those two are neither.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Reading the Erie thread, it appears Murdaca may be a free agent. There are a few of posters who seem to think he's a bit of a troublemaker.

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
Every one likes to blame the goalies but here is a new guy in net and so far it looks like it may just be the same results (hope I'm wrong and they turn things around the next two periods).

First goal: Same as many of the goals this year and last year (backdoor left open).

Sure North Bay has a decent number of shots on net but not high quality shots. No one is worried about North Bays offence.

Something NEEDS to change. It's hard to watch.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Every one likes to blame the goalies but here is a new guy in net and so far it looks like it may just be the same results (hope I'm wrong and they turn things around the next two periods).

First goal: Same as many of the goals this year and last year (backdoor left open).

Sure North Bay has a decent number of shots on net but not high quality shots. No one is worried about North Bays offence.

Something NEEDS to change. It's hard to watch.
I don't think anyone is putting 120% total blame on goalies but it is definitely the most glaring weakness keeping this team from being competitive

Reactions: belair

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Would you guys do a Brady Lyle for Lucas Rowe(Knights 1st rounder)?

BrunoDaBear

Jan 27, 2017
Could someone describe the type of game you get on the regular from Cam Dineen? He's basically the most high profile player on the troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad