North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
And I thought he was one of Stan's pets. Always spoke about him in a positive way even when he's had a horrible night. Always let him make mistakes and kept putting him back out. This season he's finally showed some balls on the ice but is always paired with the 6th D. He's more responsible in his own end than both Saban and Thilander yet plays less than both. While I've always been a Bruce fan, having him on the point with Lyle is just unfair.
Good luck kid, too bad what could have been a great hometown boy story has turned to this.

So in the end it's probably best for both parties that he's going to end up somewhere else.
It's not really good for us at all unless Stan can convince someone to trade us a young player of value, but we're not exactly holding any cards.

I haven't seen his usage this season but without question he's a kid who should've been getting looks well ahead of Bruce, Saban and ultimately Thilander. This was a local kid with notable pro interest and Stan buried him on the depth chart. I don't fault the kid one bit for wanting a fresh start.

Reactions: Greatger

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
It's not really good for us at all unless Stan can convince someone to trade us a young player of value, but we're not exactly holding any cards.

I haven't seen his usage this season but without question he's a kid who should've been getting looks well ahead of Bruce, Saban and ultimately Thilander. This was a local kid with notable pro interest and Stan buried him on the depth chart. I don't fault the kid one bit for wanting a fresh start.

We got a decent enough return on Owen Lalonde this summer when he asked for a trade. Think you guys will be fine and will see some value return, although I'd expect 2nd and 3rd round picks moreso than a quality player.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We got a decent enough return on Owen Lalonde this summer when he asked for a trade. Think you guys will be fine and will see some value return, although I'd expect 2nd and 3rd round picks moreso than a quality player.
I'm not sure those two belong in the same conversation though. Lalonde was a 2nd OA pick in the previous draft and is expected to go in the top two or three rounds of the NHL draft. Lyle went undrafted. Not that I don't see him being a decent pick up. It's just that I see other GMs playing hardball with Stan.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
i hope the knights take a swing at Lyle they have probably the most to offer between young players and picks

Reactions: Samee987

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
i hope the knights take a swing at Lyle they have probably the most to offer between young players and picks
Yep. I see the Knights and the Petes as two teams who have the assets and the need for a RD. The Sting could be an interesting possibility as well as they're in town tomorrow. Perhaps Kelton Hatcher would be of interest to us considering the former Centennials connect via Dad.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Yep. I see the Knights and the Petes as two teams who have the assets and the need for a RD. The Sting could be an interesting possibility as well as they're in town tomorrow. Perhaps Kelton Hatcher would be of interest to us considering the former Centennials connect via Dad.
DEAL!!!

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
You do know that draft picks don't really want to play for Butler either......right ?

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
And I thought he was one of Stan's pets. Always spoke about him in a positive way even when he's had a horrible night. Always let him make mistakes and kept putting him back out. This season he's finally showed some balls on the ice but is always paired with the 6th D. He's more responsible in his own end than both Saban and Thilander yet plays less than both. While I've always been a Bruce fan, having him on the point with Lyle is just unfair.
Good luck kid, too bad what could have been a great hometown boy story has turned to this.

So in the end it's probably best for both parties that he's going to end up somewhere else.
One of Stan's pet's ? holly crap he ripped him after every shift of every game from day one & god knows what went on in the dressing room.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
"Houston we have a problem" The troops high picks are disappearing like snow flakes in June.
Not much left of the 99 ,98 & 97 born picks , gone are Lyle (1st) 2nd (traded) Ball(3rd) Chenier is hanging in as a 4th, gone is P0irier (1st) Sherman (2nd) Morrison (3rd) Ramalho (4th) Moore (5th) and from the 97 class gone is Baird (2nd) Shankar (4th) Cormier (5th).

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
"Houston we have a problem" The troops high picks are disappearing like snow flakes in June.
Not much left of the 99 ,98 & 97 born picks , gone are Lyle (1st) 2nd (traded) Ball(3rd) Chenier is hanging in as a 4th, gone is P0irier (1st) Sherman (2nd) Morrison (3rd) Ramalho (4th) Moore (5th) and from the 97 class gone is Baird (2nd) Shankar (4th) Cormier (5th).
Let's go further back as according to Stan in his presser yesterday, 96 1st rounder Blake Clarke asked to get out as did 95 1st rounder Brandon Robinson.

Get the picture Stan, kids today don't want to play under your regime.

4 of 5 first round picks including Poirier asked to get out, I can only assume that McKenzie is next.

Pope Francis 1

Mar 13, 2013
Lyle is just another one of those over rated first round selections that fail. Not his fault, he is what he is, but I have always thought that he could have more upside as a F than a D. "Million dollar feet", sorry but I am not so sure about that statement at all. I see a player that has been granted every advantage possible and this request only exemplifies a lack of character. If you want more ice, then go earn it. More broadly speaking, running away from a challenge or failing to rise to the challenge seems to be a rampant sickness with many kids (entitled kids?) these days. This was supposed to be a good hometown story. It is unfortunate.

wolfpack99

Oct 9, 2014
Let's go further back as according to Stan in his presser yesterday, 96 1st rounder Blake Clarke asked to get out as did 95 1st rounder Brandon Robinson.

4 of 5 first round picks including Poirier asked to get out, I can only assume that McKenzie is next.
yep time for battalions to let stan go.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014

Poirier didn't ASK to be traded. That was explained very clearly this spring.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Lyle is just another one of those over rated first round selections that fail. Not his fault, he is what he is, but I have always thought that he could have more upside as a F than a D. "Million dollar feet", sorry but I am not so sure about that statement at all. I see a player that has been granted every advantage possible and this request only exemplifies a lack of character. If you want more ice, then go earn it. More broadly speaking, running away from a challenge or failing to rise to the challenge seems to be a rampant sickness with many kids (entitled kids?) these days. This was supposed to be a good hometown story. It is unfortunate.

This is such a misguided post. These are kids trying to end up with a living after this (Jr hockey). He's been in NB for 3 years now and feels like he is still being underused, obviously he made that clear to the staff and nothing changed so to bash the teenager now for wanting to put himself in a better spot after 3 years with them is just a bizarre take

Last edited:

massey

Sep 5, 2012

We will give you 2 2nd's just to get rid of Kelton.lol

Reactions: wolfpack99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad