North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
The majority of the interest in Lyle came from Lyle. Clearly he thinks way more of himself than anyone else in hockey does. Must have been a long 7 rounds to sit through in Chicago.
His father had a lot to do with this. He wants so badly for his kid to make the NHL. I was hoping he'd have been traded someplace far away. I'm sure the father would have gave his consent to where he was going.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Your board was crying for a G with years left. Now you have a G with a 0.923 SV% this season and three years of eligibility
Tough to deal within division; but, there probably are not a lot of promising young G available.

Last edited:
Reactions: OHL4Life

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Your board was crying for a G with years left. Now you have a G with a 0.923 SV% this season and three years of eligibility
Record of 8-22-2, a goals-against average of 3.80 and a save percentage of .886 (to be exact)

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The majority of the interest in Lyle came from Lyle. Clearly he thinks way more of himself than anyone else in hockey does. Must have been a long 7 rounds to sit through in Chicago.
The Anaheim Ducks seemed to have some interest. There's no arguing he wasn't on the NHL radar--he was. I agree no team benefits from having a kid who doesn't want to be there. But I think the Lyle incident could've been avoided.

That being said, I don't mind the trade. I look forward to seeing Propp between the pipes.

wolfpack99

Oct 9, 2014
The Anaheim Ducks seemed to have some interest. There's no arguing he wasn't on the NHL radar--he was. I agree no team benefits from having a kid who doesn't want to be there. But I think the Lyle incident could've been avoided.

That being said, I don't mind the trade. I look forward to seeing Propp between the pipes.
yu guys need more then Propp.

Reactions: H0CKEY17

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
yu guys need more then Propp.
I don't disagree, but he at least fills the biggest need the Troops have had since day one this season. This season isn't going to be gangbusters for them. They'll be an ugly hockey team at times, but they should make the dance. Hopefully Stan is still willing to part with McKenzie and Dineen though at the deadline. Winning a playoff series isn't worth the assets those two will bring in.

wolfpack99

Oct 9, 2014
I don't disagree, but he at least fills the biggest need the Troops have had since day one this season. This season isn't going to be gangbusters for them. They'll be an ugly hockey team at times, but they should make the dance. Hopefully Stan is still willing to part with McKenzie and Dineen though at the deadline. Winning a playoff series isn't worth the assets those two will bring in.
send those 2 too wolves for blaisdell and makonen and a draft pick.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Hands were forced and situations got public, this team needs a goalie and propp has very solid numbers on a good team this year (small sample size but better than his counterpart lazarev) plus has years of eligibility left.
This is a net gain for battalion, regardless of talent Lyle was providing us with nothing in the stands. I would have a hard time believing propp to be worse than both Sime and Woro. Battalion will now compete in more games.

Deadline will be interesting as talked about before... I know what I'd want done but is it the same for a franchise that is seemingly having a hard time treading water? Time will tell.

Edit: appears battalion have also just acquired defensemen nick king from Owen sound for more or less free (conditional 15th). Looks to be just a warm body maybe to prevent icing too green of a defender core

Last edited:

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I still don't know if this moose23 guy is a Wolves or a Battallion fan. Posts ridiculous stuff in both of our threads...

Unless he lives in like Hagar and hates both teams out of spite :confused:

Reactions: View from section 9

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
So Purboo signed but sent down, Woroniuk released and Sime to be Propp's back-up. Just from a fan's point of view, I think Purboo would be the better back-up.

Reactions: Greatger

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
So Purboo signed but sent down, Woroniuk released and Sime to be Propp's back-up. Just from a fan's point of view, I think Purboo would be the better back-up.

But, he gets to be the starter in jr. He may also be limited to emergency & (10?) games due to the type of card he is signed to and his commitment to the jr team.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Ooooof....don't look at the 2015 draft now.

Rd 1) Brady Lyle (18) traded away for Christian Propp 5th round (98). Next few picks: (20)Ivan Lodnia, Minnesota, (21)Jack Studnicka, Boston, (22)Liam Hawel, Dallas, (23)Michael Dipietro, Vancouver.

Rd 3) Jacob Ball (57) released. Next few picks: (58)Nate Schnarr, Arizona, (59)Fedor Gordeev, Toronto, (61)Jason Robertson, Dallas.

Rd 4) Brad Chenier (77). Four picks later: (81)Morgan Frost, Philadelphia.
Rd 5) Kyle Potts (97).
Rd 6) Mat Woroniuk (108) released. Seven picks later: (115)Kody Clark, Wendel's kid.

Rd 7) Josh Maniscalco (137) US college.
Rd 9) Joe Frazin, Max Wright (170), (177). Duds.
Rd 10) Daniel Walker (197).
Rd 11) Wade Brennan (217). Dud.
Rd 12) Stefan Palatsidis, Kameron Shearer (234), (237). Duds.
Rd 13) Eric Allair (257).
Rd 14) Andy Baker (277).
Rd 15) Curtis Abbott (297). Dud.

We've got six guys out of that draft--maybe two who become anything more than depth guys. I know it's a crapshoot, but it's depressing to see some of those misses.

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
But, he gets to be the starter in jr. He may also be limited to emergency & (10?) games due to the type of card he is signed to and his commitment to the jr team.

Check your facts Purboo is the back up in tier two. He only had five games in tier two this year.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Ooooof....don't look at the 2015 draft now.

Rd 1) Brady Lyle (18) traded away for Christian Propp 5th round (98). Next few picks: (20)Ivan Lodnia, Minnesota, (21)Jack Studnicka, Boston, (22)Liam Hawel, Dallas, (23)Michael Dipietro, Vancouver.

Rd 3) Jacob Ball (57) released. Next few picks: (58)Nate Schnarr, Arizona, (59)Fedor Gordeev, Toronto, (61)Jason Robertson, Dallas.

Rd 4) Brad Chenier (77). Four picks later: (81)Morgan Frost, Philadelphia.
Rd 5) Kyle Potts (97).
Rd 6) Mat Woroniuk (108) released. Seven picks later: (115)Kody Clark, Wendel's kid.

Rd 7) Josh Maniscalco (137) US college.
Rd 9) Joe Frazin, Max Wright (170), (177). Duds.
Rd 10) Daniel Walker (197).
Rd 11) Wade Brennan (217). Dud.
Rd 12) Stefan Palatsidis, Kameron Shearer (234), (237). Duds.
Rd 13) Eric Allair (257).
Rd 14) Andy Baker (277).
Rd 15) Curtis Abbott (297). Dud.

We've got six guys out of that draft--maybe two who become anything more than depth guys. I know it's a crapshoot, but it's depressing to see some of those misses.
Very good info........if you are board do the 2014 draft that will be an eye opener.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Just curious but has the Battalion franchise in it's 20+ years ever had a goaltender play in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad