Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Warriors are leaving KNBR for 95.7 in a shocking breaking news this morning. Should the Sharks try to get on KNBR or KGO. They would play second fiddle but they would have more of a reach and maybe even a post game show on 1050, which is something the Sharks have always lacked. I would love a Sharks post game show.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Cquo5OZUEAAcJUw.jpg

Via Busted Coverage.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Warriors are leaving KNBR for 95.7 in a shocking breaking news this morning. Should the Sharks try to get on KNBR or KGO. They would play second fiddle but they would have more of a reach and maybe even a post game show on 1050, which is something the Sharks have always lacked. I would love a Sharks post game show.

I would have loved it if the Sharks went to 95.7 instead, but I can see some conflicts with the A's broadcasts during the beginning of the year and playoffs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Who is winning QB battle in camp?

Keap or Gabbert?

All NFL Network and ESPN have talked about with regard to QB battle in recent weeks is the mess that is Broncos QB situation

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Kapernick is more focused on making political statements than he is on football.

It has to be Gabbert going forward.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Kapernick is more focused on making political statements than he is on football.

It has to be Gabbert going forward.

While everyone was talking about Kaep's political statement, he was awful on the field. Even if I still liked Kaepernick, I almost feel more comfortable with Gabbert, which is a scary thought in and of itself.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
While everyone was talking about Kaep's political statement, he was awful on the field. Even if I still liked Kaepernick, I almost feel more comfortable with Gabbert, which is a scary thought in and of itself.

He played exactly how he has played since 2013, terribly (although he was specially awful vs the Packers).

I'd rather throw Driskel in there than him. That's how much I've soured on him.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Not being able to play or participate in training camp due to injuries has more to do with Gabbert earning the job than his spot-on political views.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Oh Kaep is absolutely right about what he said.

My problem is with the drama/distraction/tension that he knowingly created in doing so. And now the Niners can't cut him because they would look like retaliatory ******* that are against what he says. Between this, requesting a trade, and then denying said trade, he's backed everyone into a corner. We're doomed before the season even starts.

Back on topic, the Quakes look like they're cooked yet again. I thought they'd be good this year, but Wondo has fallen apart down the stretch.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It's rather impossible to raise awareness on a divisive issue and not create a distraction. Millions don't like what is going on in this country and he's speaking on their behalf.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Oh Kaep is absolutely right about what he said.

My problem is with the drama/distraction/tension that he knowingly created in doing so. And now the Niners can't cut him because they would look like retaliatory ******* that are against what he says. Between this, requesting a trade, and then denying said trade, he's backed everyone into a corner. We're doomed before the season even starts.

Back on topic, the Quakes look like they're cooked yet again. I thought they'd be good this year, but Wondo has fallen apart down the stretch.

The 49ers were doomed this season regardless of anything Kaep did or didn't do. As for denying the trade, I can understand him not agreeing to a pay cut. He took a VERY team friendly deal, based on the promise that they'd use the money to retain their own FA's, and bring in people to help the team. The Yorks pocketed the money instead. So from his point of view, he already bent over backwards to help them, and they lied to him, why should he make things easy for them a second time?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
There are ways to go about raising awareness for a a very real issue other than creating more divisiveness, alienating yourself from patriotism, and disrespecting a long-standing American value (which goes hand in hand with creating more divisiveness).

This is getting far too political and I like to keep my politics separate from my sports. I'm done with this topic.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
There are ways to go about raising awareness for a a very real issue other than creating more divisiveness, alienating yourself from patriotism, and disrespecting a long-standing American value (which goes hand in hand with creating more divisiveness).

This is getting far too political and I like to keep my politics separate from my sports. I'm done with this topic.

I agree that there are better ways w/o creating more divisiveness but this is more effective and honestly I think people overvalue the symbolism being disrespected. The anthem is inherently political which I agree I like to keep separate from sports which is why I wish they'd get rid of it with the exception of international competition.

However, Kaep doing this really has nothing to do with his roster status. They weren't going to cut him during the season. If he did this like just before June 1 or whatever the date may be that may make it beneficial for the team to cut him due to cap implications, I'd give that argument some credibility but now, I don't think so and this will all be forgotten by the time another good opportunity to cut him comes along. The 49ers weren't going to win anymore than 4 games regardless of Kaep's situation so in the grand scheme, this isn't going to impact the team much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad