Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Well I like that Driskel kid for what I saw in the 3rd Friday. Hopefully he is the future man!

Kid couldn't even stick at Florida despite their abysmal QB situation. Moved on to Louisiana Tech where he was only average.

Niners need to pray they can get a top 2-3 pick and draft Deshaun Watson. He's the future.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Kid couldn't even stick at Florida despite their abysmal QB situation. Moved on to Louisiana Tech where he was only average.

Niners need to pray they can get a top 2-3 pick and draft Deshaun Watson. He's the future.

I don't think they have to pray for that. They're easily one of the worst two or three teams in the league and have a schedule that is going to be conducive to them losing the necessary games for that pick level.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I don't think they have to pray for that. They're easily one of the worst two or three teams in the league and have a schedule that is going to be conducive to them losing the necessary games for that pick level.

Oh talent wise they're absolutely one of the two worst teams in the league (with the Browns). But they were last season too and somehow manufactured a couple too many random wins.

I'd like to see them go 3-13, take the top 2 pick and draft Watson and call it a day. Niners get Watson they can start to actually look towards a promising, bright future.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Oh talent wise they're absolutely one of the two worst teams in the league (with the Browns). But they were last season too and somehow manufactured a couple too many random wins.

I'd like to see them go 3-13, take the top 2 pick and draft Watson and call it a day. Niners get Watson they can start to actually look towards a promising, bright future.

Yeah, luck can play a part in it. Hell, they could luck more this year with a better coach but they lost some more talent. They had more of it last year. They were probably at least middle of the pack in terms of talent even with all they lost but they had poor coaching.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Yeah, luck can play a part in it. Hell, they could luck more this year with a better coach but they lost some more talent. They had more of it last year. They were probably at least middle of the pack in terms of talent even with all they lost but they had poor coaching.

Ehh I don't know that O-line was atrocious. It looks slightly better this season.

But everywhere else you're right this team looks worse. QB will be a mess again. If Hyde can't stay on the field the running game will be a problem and after Torrey Smith this team doesn't have anyone to throw to.

On defense the D-line could actually be improved too. Much of that will depend on how Armstead improves and Buckner's impact. The secondary looks even thinner which is hard to believe. Still clueless as to why they traded away Kenneth Acker who was our most promising looking corner last year.

As you said though too, with a big improvement at HC (anyone would've been an improvement) this team could end up winning 5-6 games which would just suck.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
The other problem too is that in addition to the Browns and 49ers, the Cowboys may be very bad this season without Romo or a defense. The Rams might suck too if neither Keenum or Goff can play. And even the Vikings could be surprisingly bad if Bridgewater is done for the year. There may be more competition than anticipated for the #1 pick.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
The other problem too is that in addition to the Browns and 49ers, the Cowboys may be very bad this season without Romo or a defense. The Rams might suck too if neither Keenum or Goff can play. And even the Vikings could be surprisingly bad if Bridgewater is done for the year. There may be more competition than anticipated for the #1 pick.

Two of those teams wont grab a QB

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
49ers oline drastically improved, not slightly.

Not really saying a whole lot though is it? Only real positions of improvement are LG (Beadles) and C (Kilgore). You could argue LT will be worse as Staley looked only average last season and his decline will likely continue. Do we really trust Anthony Davis at RG or RT given he took a year off for god knows why? The O-line is still probably in the bottom 5 in the NFL.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I already wanted Krappernick gone from the 49ers for being bad at Football, but his ongoing temper tantrum has no place on any team.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
The only way the Niners have a promising, bright future is to rid themselves of York....

This. This. A Thousand Times This. They need to sell the team back to Eddie D already. Hell, sell it to Larry Ellison even. I'm sick of having owners that are in the same category of crappy owners as the Don Stirlings and Chris Cohans of the world. The team will never go anywhere as long as they're the owners.

I already wanted Krappernick gone from the 49ers for being bad at Football, but his ongoing temper tantrum has no place on any team.

Except, oddly enough, he actually used to be very GOOD at football, back when there was an actually competent head coach. Funny how all of his issues developed as soon as Harbaugh was gone and we had Gomer Pyle trying out for a Ron Jeremy look alike contest as our head coach. This year, he's coming off of what, a year and a half of rust, plus recovering from multiple surgeries. I am shocked, SHOCKED I SAY that he isn't playing at a Super Bowl level at the moment. Also, given how shabbily the Yorks and Baalke have treated him, he's earned a bit of temper tantruming.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Not really saying a whole lot though is it? Only real positions of improvement are LG (Beadles) and C (Kilgore). You could argue LT will be worse as Staley looked only average last season and his decline will likely continue. Do we really trust Anthony Davis at RG or RT given he took a year off for god knows why? The O-line is still probably in the bottom 5 in the NFL.
Davis trimmed up which should help his footspeed tremendously. Kilgore is a huge upgrade. Beadles is a zone-blocking pro, and Trent Brown is getting huge praise from Joe Staley. So, yes, the improvements are significant.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Davis trimmed up which should help his footspeed tremendously. Kilgore is a huge upgrade. Beadles is a zone-blocking pro, and Trent Brown is getting huge praise from Joe Staley. So, yes, the improvements are significant.

The only reason Kilgore is a huge upgrade though is because Marcus Martin was probably the worst C in the NFL last season. Not gonna be sold on anything Anthony Davis related until we see him produce on the field again. Beadles is really the only guy on the line who I think you could argue is above average at his position. Again, I think Staley's days as a productive LT are behind him.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Except, oddly enough, he actually used to be very GOOD at football, back when there was an actually competent head coach. Funny how all of his issues developed as soon as Harbaugh was gone and we had Gomer Pyle trying out for a Ron Jeremy look alike contest as our head coach. This year, he's coming off of what, a year and a half of rust, plus recovering from multiple surgeries. I am shocked, SHOCKED I SAY that he isn't playing at a Super Bowl level at the moment. Also, given how shabbily the Yorks and Baalke have treated him, he's earned a bit of temper tantruming.

Kaepernick's issues and deficiencies became very noticeable in Harbaugh's final season. Let's not pretend like a lack of coaching has made Kaepernick incapable of learning his own offense or reading defenses. He's an athletic freak but doesn't have the brain to be a good NFL QB. Never seen an NFL QB so terrible at making adjustments before or after the snap. Boy can he run though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00