Silicon Valley
New Thread

BAY AREA TEAMS:
picture.php
picture.php

Team | Sport | League |Venue
San Francisco 49ers |Football |National Football League| Levi's Stadium
Oakland Raiders | Football |National Football League |McAfee Coliseum
San Francisco Giants | Baseball| National League (Major League Baseball) |AT&T Park
Oakland Athletics | Baseball |American League (Major League Baseball)| McAfee Coliseum
Golden State Warriors | Basketball |National Basketball Association| Oracle Arena
Sacramento Kings | Basketball |National Basketball Association| Arco Arena
San Jose Earthquakes | Soccer |Major League Soccer| Buck Shaw Stadium
San Jose Giants | Baseball |California League (Minor League Baseball) |San Jose Municipal Stadium
San Jose SabreCats - *Cannot Link|Football| Arena Football League| SAP Center at San Jose
San Jose Stealth | Lacrosse | National Lacrosse League | HP Pavilion at San Jose San Francisco Dragons | Lacrosse | Major League Lacrosse | Spartan Stadium

EDIT: Removed Quote info so that it can be used for next thread without a mod, since old thread has been deleted.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Between adding Lowrie and Hill the A's have spent around 14 million so far in free agency. Guess ownership wasn't fibbing when they said money wasn't an issue.

Like getting Hendriks for the pen. 71 k's in 64.2 is supreb.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
What would it take for the 49ers to restore its lustre as one of the Holy Trinity of the NFC?

In case you asked, the other two are the Cowboys and the Packers.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Between adding Lowrie and Hill the A's have spent around 14 million so far in free agency. Guess ownership wasn't fibbing when they said money wasn't an issue.

Like getting Hendriks for the pen. 71 k's in 64.2 is supreb.

For what it's worth, Hendriks was heavily limited to low-leverage innings. No one's quite sure why, but he was rarely ever trusted to do anything but mop-up, garbage time, or long-man innings. He was still very good, but I'd temper your expectations because he was appreciably worse in medium/high leverage situations (and yes, I know that would be expected, to some degree).

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
For what it's worth, Hendriks was heavily limited to low-leverage innings. No one's quite sure why, but he was rarely ever trusted to do anything but mop-up, garbage time, or long-man innings. He was still very good, but I'd temper your expectations because he was appreciably worse in medium/high leverage situations (and yes, I know that would be expected, to some degree).
We'll see. Strikeout stuff is strikeout stuff regardless of the leverage situation. He'll likely be placed in higher leverage situations due to the state of the A's bullpen. Trial by fire, but I hope he can handle it.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
What would it take for the 49ers to restore its lustre as one of the Holy Trinity of the NFC?

Cowboys have won 1 playoff game since 1995. 49ers won 5 and an nfc championship between 11-13. I think you might have mistaken the two.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

If the Cowboys have luster as one of the Holy Trinity of the NFC with all the nothing they've done in the past 20 years, the 49ers still have it too.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

A new owner, a new stadium in San Francisco, a front office that actually can make football decisions, the list goes on. This team is in such dire straits at the moment.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Where would they put it?

I'm not sure. SF is such a small city and you need public transportation access these days. Is there a place in the mission district which is Bart Friendly?

Also, I didn't know where they would put the Warriors or Giants stadiums, but they seemed to make that work pretty well. I'm just not a fan of Levi's and having it be 40 miles from the actual city makes it a little worse.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm not sure. SF is such a small city and you need public transportation access these days. Is there a place in the mission district which is Bart Friendly?

Also, I didn't know where they would put the Warriors or Giants stadiums, but they seemed to make that work pretty well. I'm just not a fan of Levi's and having it be 40 miles from the actual city makes it a little worse.
I'm not too familiar with the city outside of certain areas so I couldn't tell you. I would have preferred them staying in the city, but it is what it is. I'm not a fan of Levi's or it's set up. Screams of a rushed job that seems more of an entertainment/corporate toy than a football stadium. Having no shade during afternoon games and not home field advantage doesn't help. They should have modelled Seattle's by building it likea huge amplifier, but all the sound the crowd does make simply drifts away.

On an unrelated note, Sean Doolittle hosted 17 Syrian refugee families for Thanksgiving. I thought that was pretty cool. Some of the comments I hear and read are so ignorant towards Syrian refugees, but this isn't the political board so i'll save it lol.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Stanfurd may have won with a last-second field goal, but so did Cal. :yo:

Pac 12 is pretty strong this year.

So if Stanford wins the Championship game, and one of the top 4 teams loses, does that mean Stanford gets in? Maybe the game against Oregon won't be as excruciating as it was when it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00