Nogomyach v2.0 (football/soccer)

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Well, we are going to Ukraine and Poland, I want to see some new names we still have 8 month (unlikely with Advokat, but one can hope). U21 beating Portugal today is also pretty cool!

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Well, we are going to Ukraine and Poland, I want to see some new names we still have 8 month (unlikely with Advokat, but one can hope). U21 beating Portugal today is also pretty cool!

- Dzagoev seems ready.

- I honestly don't think that Shirokov is better then Glushakov, so I think he could be there also.

- Other then those 2, I would say that D. Kombarov and Samedov are the closest.

- Hopefully, Akinfeev comes back strong, I still trust him more then either Slava, Shunin or Ryzhikov.

- Unfortunately, we still don't have anyone better then Igna and the "sisters" at CD. We'll probably have to rely on those guys again.

- Anuykov is starting to show age, but he is still the best RB in the country imho.

- Same is the story with Arshavin. Can't keep him off the field, no one to replace him with at this point.

- Ideally, I would like someone to take over the LB spot so Zhirkov can go back to what he does best, DOMINATE his flank offensively. With that being said, I don't trust Shishkin or Yanbaev. Schennikov is very talented, but he is kind of skinny and injury prone.

- Love former Torpedo guys, Semshov and Zyryanov, but it's time for a change.

- Ionov and Fayzulin have been playing better this year and a call-up to the NT wouldn't be the worst thing, but I don't think they are ready to be starters.

- Kerzhakov or Pav at CF right now easy. Only Pog might be another option. Unless something drastic happens between now and then, I don't see this changing.

- I'm not the biggest Denisov's fan, but he is solid at what he does and it is an important role. I was hoping that Mamaev would start challenging him by now, but judging by the latest news, he has his head up his you know what.

I guess there are others that could step up and I hope they will, we could use some new blood.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
BTW, I've read that if neither Portugal nor Croatia sweep their playoff games, we will be in the 2nd pot of the Euro Draw.

Hopefully neither draws Estonia. Turkey, Bosnia and Montenegro can all give them trouble.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
BTW, I've read that if neither Portugal nor Croatia sweep their playoff games, we will be in the 2nd pot of the Euro Draw.

Hopefully neither draws Estonia. Turkey, Bosnia and Montenegro can all give them trouble.

Well Portugal got Bosnia and Croatia got Turkey. Portugal may sweep, I only heard about Croatia being able to push us. Anyhow go Turkey, go Bosnia, go Estonia :yo:

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Bosnia has been playing very well. They nearly beat France on the road. Late penalty shot (some say bad call) saved the French from finishing 2nd in the group.

Turkey and Bosnia might actually be the 2 strongest possible opponents that Portugal and Croatia could have gotten. We'll see.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Bosnia has been playing very well. They nearly beat France on the road. Late penalty shot (some say bad call) saved the French from finishing 2nd in the group.

Turkey and Bosnia might actually be the 2 strongest possible opponents that Portugal and Croatia could have gotten. We'll see.

yes no doubt, staying in the 2nd basket is important, if we get Spain, Germany or likes in the group it will be a disaster.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
As of right now, France is in the 4th basket. So it could be Spain, Germany, Russia and France all in one group.

France would move up to 3rd, if both Portugal and Croatia don't make it.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
:nod:
As of right now, France is in the 4th basket. So it could be Spain, Germany, Russia and France all in one group.

France would move up to 3rd, if both Portugal and Croatia don't make it.

no need to play guessing game here, I just want to avoid 4 teams: Ukr (host and special love hate relationship), Poland (see Ukr), Spain (we have no chance agianst them) and Portugal (we have a hard time playing against high-skill teams). Make it 5 - Germany as well - we have very little chance against them.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
no depth, injuries and no purchases in the transfer window have not worked out for CSKA as expected, русский "авось" didn't help either this time around)

VladNYC*

Those Zenit fans are absolute idiots. They should have let loose the OMON on them.

VladNYC*

Zenit - Benfica
CSKA - Real (ouch)

Benfica is def beatable. As for Real, if you want to win the champions league at some point you have to beat the best teams. I'd rather face REAL in moscow in February then when it's warm.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Any idea if Akinfeev will be ready to get back in time for Real?

If not, can he at least get back in time for Euro?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00