Nogomyach v2.0 (football/soccer)

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I know that none of you guys would do such things, but can anyone enlighten me why as to why there is so much racism in Russian football games? It seems between Italy and Russia, black players are having bananas waved at them or having monkey chants directed their way on a constant basis. Why does nobody do anything to curb this crap? It's truly sickening.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
I know that none of you guys would do such things, but can anyone enlighten me why as to why there is so much racism in Russian football games? It seems between Italy and Russia, black players are having bananas waved at them or having monkey chants directed their way on a constant basis. Why does nobody do anything to curb this crap? It's truly sickening.

European football fan subculture was always notorious for its racism, xenophobia and far right radicalism. Things like that pop up everywhere from time to time, and in the countries where soccer has more marginal appeal (see Eastern Europe) the problem may get more prominent.

Why is soccer so popular with the lowest and least educated parts of society? Why is North American sports culture so different? Those are the real questions to discuss.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
European football fan subculture was always notorious for its racism, xenophobia and far right radicalism. Things like that pop up everywhere from time to time, and in the countries where soccer has more marginal appeal (see Eastern Europe) the problem may get more prominent.

Why is soccer so popular with the lowest and least educated parts of society? Why is North American sports culture so different? Those are the real questions to discuss.

You are raising difficult questions. Slavs and Eastern Europeans are very xenophobic which is deeply uprooted in the history of the tribe

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I appreciate the responses guys. I know its up to FIFA and the clubs themselves to do something about this but sometimes I just wish people in the stands would give those racists a taste of their own medicine. For obvious reasons I understand why they don't.

It's a shame though because as a Canadian I'm one of the few North Americans that actually enjoys football. This kind of stuff though definitely turns me away from the game though.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Russia will be in the same division as Belgium, Algeria and South Korea.

That's a manageable group, but we still have to bring our 'A' game.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
and there it is, my boys win the Russian Cup!!!! Now, that they are in Europe, I would have to cut down my NT away support and make couple of trips for Rostov!

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
and there it is, my boys win the Russian Cup!!!! Now, that they are in Europe, I would have to cut down my NT away support and make couple of trips for Rostov!

Sorry buddy, but apparently UEFA isn't letting them participate in EuroLeague.

Spartak will take their place.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1