Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'm still not fully sold on Juulsen his warth shows when he is playing against fast skating team like the US and he provided little offense.

I still have faith in him developing into a very good nhl player but he needs more development in the AHL.

He wasn't there in an offensive role. Did you trash the team Canada Olympic blueline when they were not scoring? He was covering up for Bean most of the time anyways.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Clague had 17 more minutes in the Gold Medal game than Juulsen..which was a grave mistake on Tim Hunter's part...US had no business winning that game after Canada went up, but the top pairing was spent.. After Myer's injury Juuls should have been paired with Chabot if the plan was to play the top pairing double what everyone else played.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why do you think they dont? by chance

Because they are only 2 of 6 potential spots on the team...not to mention that Juulsen is at the very least 2-3 years away.

Who knows if Weber or Petry will still be on the team then, a lot can change...point is, I don't see why in 2-3 years from now, all three of Weber, Petry and Juulsen couldn't all 3 be on the team

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Because they are only 2 of 6 potential spots on the team...not to mention that Juulsen is at the very least 2-3 years away.

Who knows if Weber or Petry will still be on the team then, a lot can change...point is, I don't see why in 2-3 years from now, all three of Weber, Petry and Juulsen couldn't all 3 be on the team

I agree with you.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

I see no problem with it either

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Juulsen was sacrificed because he had to save Jake Bean. He still needs to improve his quickness. But in due time, you are looking at a #3-#4 really intelligent d-man.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I meant for another WJC.

Ah...

Although I still partly answered your question. The oldest eligible player must have his 20th birthday the same year as the tournament. For example, the one that just finished is the 2017 Championship (despite it starting in 2016). Seeing as Juulsen will turn 20 in April of 2017, he was eligible for the 2017 Championship. But since he will be 21 in April 2018, he won't be eligible to play in the 2018 Championship (he'll be older than the limit of 20).

So even though I misunderstood you earlier, I will reiterate, next year, he's all ours baby!!! It's Montreal or Laval for Noah! Barring he is part of a trade, which I would hugely prefer we keep him.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Clague had 17 more minutes in the Gold Medal game than Juulsen..which was a grave mistake on Tim Hunter's part...US had no business winning that game after Canada went up, but the top pairing was spent.. After Myer's injury Juuls should have been paired with Chabot if the plan was to play the top pairing double what everyone else played.

Well, the issue with that is : you have a pairing who can play 30 minutes a game. But the two others can barely play 10. Though I admit Clague did significantly better than expected.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ah...

Although I still partly answered your question. The oldest eligible player must have his 20th birthday the same year as the tournament. For example, the one that just finished is the 2017 Championship (despite it starting in 2016). Seeing as Juulsen will turn 20 in April of 2017, he was eligible for the 2017 Championship. But since he will be 21 in April 2018, he won't be eligible to play in the 2018 Championship (he'll be older than the limit of 20).

So even though I misunderstood you earlier, I will reiterate, next year, he's all ours baby!!! It's Montreal or Laval for Noah! Barring he is part of a trade, which I would hugely prefer we keep him.

an easier way to put it would be you can't turn 20 until Jan 1st to play in the WJC's.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal

The coaching was not great... but the Americans had a solid team and things happen fast out there!! great game.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It's good that Canada lost a tournament. Makes junior international tournaments then adult international tournaments, where Canada winning gold is a foregone conclusion.

In junior tournaments, you actually need good coaching, good roster selection, lucky bounces, etc because Canada is not guaranteed gold. It's more interesting that way.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
In junior tournaments, you actually need good coaching, good roster selection, lucky bounces, etc because Canada is not guaranteed gold. It's more interesting that way.

Not long ago it was the other way around - men's teams were the huge question marks and the juniors were the guaranteed golds.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's good that Canada lost a tournament. Makes junior international tournaments then adult international tournaments, where Canada winning gold is a foregone conclusion.

If the last 5 years is an indication, Canada isn't even guaranteed a medal. And like you, I think it's a good thing.

The only reason I enjoy watching the seniors Team Canada win is because Price is in nets and I love watching him own everyone. But if Price isn't on the team, I'm fine if Canada loses.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Not long ago it was the other way around - men's teams were the huge question marks and the juniors were the guaranteed golds.

Probably because of that fluke olympics in 2006.

I honestly couldn't build up any excitement for the 2014 olympic gold medal game against Sweden. Canada showed up and they won. It wasn't interesting.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

I honestly couldn't build up any excitement for the 2014 olympic gold medal game against Sweden. Canada showed up and they won. It wasn't interesting.

Canada put on such a defensive clinic in 2014 that it made the games, objectively speaking, really boring.

Besides, CAN/SWE just doesn't have the same luster as CAN/USA or even CAN/RUS.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Well, it didnt help the game was at 6 am ... but i watched it anyways and it was glorious , ill watch this domination from team canada (well this particular group of guys that also dominiated the 2005 WJC's) ANY time i can, sweet 3-0 shutout victory for Price

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Well, it didnt help the game was at 6 am ... but i watched it anyways and it was glorious , ill watch this domination from team canada (well this particular group of guys that also dominiated the 2005 WJC's) ANY time i can, sweet 3-0 shutout victory for Price

I watched it live on PST time.

Winning gold was glorious but the game wasn't, Sweden played without Henrik Sedin and Backstrom, it wasn't that good of a best on best game.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal

I dont see this the same way. It was told in the beginning of the journey that the defense was a Big 3 : Chabot, Myers and Juulsen. When Myers has been injured, as a coach, you just cannot put your 2 best players on the same line and expose your defense for the rest of the time. Maybe you can consider to do so if your goalie is rock solid, but it was not the case. Chabot has to control the 1st duo, Juulsen the 2nd and they did it greatly as the best they can.... and if you watch the tapes, you can see that when the big lines of USA did the last shift of the period, Chabot and Juulsen were together. I just think that the Big 3 becames a Big 2 and Chabot just can have more spaces to do what he wants. For me, I think its a nice tournament for Juulsen even if his name is not written often on the scoreboard.

About Clague, I like him. He has been what Emelin is for Weber actually, not a true 1st pair, but a notable one considering the situation. I dont know what were our others options, but I dont think that Tim Hunter has made a great job to build that defense squad.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I think Juulsen will make the nhl in two years.
He will play a full season in the ahl next year, and then the year after he will play RD on the 3rd pairing.

In 2 years (with the current defensemen in our system):

Beaulieu - Weber
Sergachev - Petry
Markov - Juulsen

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think Juulsen will make the nhl in two years.
He will play a full season in the ahl next year, and then the year after he will play RD on the 3rd pairing.

In 2 years (with the current defensemen in our system):

Beaulieu - Weber
Sergachev - Petry
Markov - Juulsen

I seriously think we can afford to lose him... We have Man Mountain and Petry locked up for a while . Then we have Pateryn/Redmond and the young Lernout who's doing pretty well in the AHL.

We're pretty much set on the right side for a couple of years...

The guy we can't afford to trade is Sergachev , we have nothing coming up on the left side when The General retires.

If we trade Sergachev and Markov retires it's going to be ugly on the left side ....

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I seriously think we can afford to lose him... We have Man Mountain and Petry locked up for a while . Then we have Pateryn/Redmond and the young Lernout who's doing pretty well in the AHL.

We're pretty much set on the right side for a couple of years...

The guy we can't afford to trade is Sergachev , we have nothing coming up on the left side when The General retires.

If we trade Sergachev and Markov retires it's going to be ugly on the left side ....

sergachev naturally plays on the right side but who knows their strategy for his developpement.

im not quite sold on sergachev personnally and i think he should be package at his high value right now for a guy like duchene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad