Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Canada mostly used 4 dmen (Juulsen, Bean, Chabot, Clague) so he got a lot of minutes, about 22 minutes. Chabot was 1st with around 27 minutes.

Thanks a lot for ice-time info. Really happy about this (Juulsen's 22min.) 'cause it seemed like his ice-time was 16min (or less) in the first 2-3 games, but I'm not that reliable since I only saw bits here and there.

I checked tsn.ca/wjc for ice-time...no ice-time info. Espn/com/nhl is good for Hab players' ice-time...maybe I'll check there for wjc ice-time?
Cheers!

Right now I'd legit take him over Johnston and Barberio on the Habs. No kidding.

Our right side is looking better and better...Weber, Petry, Juulsen.
Youngsters on the LEFT...Beaulieu, Sergachev (hopefully he plays LEFT side), and speed-demon Mete.

I was at the Bell Center for the game tonight and this guy (Juulsen) was a rock. He is Canada's shutdown guy, he's physical, good outlet pass, sound defensively and skate well though not a burner. I was very impressed with him and felt comfortable every time he or Chabot was on the ice.

Talking about Chabot.. wow this guy is gonna be amazing.

Juulsen...shut-down dman for our Habs in near future...I like it!
Bieksa/Petry or even...Bieksa/McDonagh type dman...really hoping for this.

Chabot: Ottawa is salivating...Sens' fans are already bragging a lot about Karlsson...now we're not going to hear the end of it with Chabot!! I wonder how many here would swap Sergachev for Chabot?!:sarcasm:

Back to Juulsen...go Juulsen go!!:handclap:

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Juulsen was physical against a good skating/skilled team without getting outta position. Means more against top competition. I was glad to see it.
Next challenge will be even tougher. US has burners, skill n a couple big boys.

Excited about and Sergachev moving up n thru the system and we should see them in the show in 2 years.
Beaulieu never moved the dial for me. These 2 do.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Thanks a lot for ice-time info. Really happy about this (Juulsen's 22min.) 'cause it seemed like his ice-time was 16min (or less) in the first 2-3 games, but I'm not that reliable since I only saw bits here and there.

I checked tsn.ca/wjc for ice-time...no ice-time info. Espn/com/nhl is good for Hab players' ice-time...maybe I'll check there for wjc ice-time?
Cheers!

Our right side is looking better and better...Weber, Petry, Juulsen.
Youngsters on the LEFT...Beaulieu, Sergachev (hopefully he plays LEFT side), and speed-demon Mete.

Juulsen...shut-down dman for our Habs in near future...I like it!
Bieksa/Petry or even...Bieksa/McDonagh type dman...really hoping for this.

Chabot: Ottawa is salivating...Sens' fans are already bragging a lot about Karlsson...now we're not going to hear the end of it with Chabot!! I wonder how many here would swap Sergachev for Chabot?!:sarcasm:

Back to Juulsen...go Juulsen go!!:handclap:

You do realize that Chabot is also 20 in 2 weeks. and Sergachev just turned 18 at the draft.

theres a big difference in dominating juniors at 20 and playing in the NHL at 20

Chabot looks great. but he is one of the oldest players in the tournament i hope he dominates. in comparaison up until the beginning of this season he was a PPG d man in the Q

I think hell be great... but i wouldnt pronounce myself too quickly if i was a Sens fans.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Played his best game of the WJCs in the semis against a good Swedish squad. He played a big game when Canada needed it. Great to watch.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Thrilled he's doing great.It's good to have him to support Sergachev in our D prospect pool.Our future on the D looks pretty decent.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Cheers!

http://www.worldjunior2017.com/en/games/

click on the scores for stats

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Played his best game of the WJCs in the semis against a good Swedish squad. He played a big game when Canada needed it. Great to watch.

Agreed..his last two games have been his best. Stepped up when things got important. I thought he was the best Canadian dman last game.

Seriously Ottawa will be very dangerous in the future. Chabot and Colin White are both studs.

The scouts in Ottawa are doing a wonderful job.

I would not be too quick to lavish praise on them. White and Chabot were top 21 picks that fell into their laps...it's not like they knew something other teams didn't know....both were quite hardly regarded and expected to go in the top 20, if not top 15. Boston's three-pick brain cramp benefited a lot of teams....including Winnipeg with Connor, Islanders with Barzal and Flyers with Konecny.

Zibanejad wasn't a great pick in the top 6..when the Sens had three first round picks that year their choices were quite questionable...they haven't hit on a lot of picks after the first round either in the past few years...and the jury is still out on Logan Brown at 11. Trading up to pick him over McLeod/McAvoy/Chychrun/Bean may not have been a stroke of brilliance either. Lazar hasn't developed as they'd hoped yet...and I think they've overestimated just how good Ceci is as well.

Decent drafters....yes..wonderful? That's debatable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think Juulsen becomes a regular quicker than we anticipate. He just comes off as a future top 4

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Loved again what i saw from Noah last night, HUGE hit on a swede, and a nice lil pass on the strome goal, theyre finally trusting him and using him more (it took the myers injury but whatever), hes proving his worth and hes looking really decent out there, super happy for him and a gold would definitely boost up that confidence the closer he gets to pro

keep it up Noah we rootin for ya bud

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

Thanks/cheers for the link:)
(for ice-time, other stats).

Go Canada Go!!
Go Juulsen Go!!

P.S.: bronze medal for Sergachev...not bad (thought Sweden would beat Russia...).

You do realize that Chabot is also 20 in 2 weeks. and Sergachev just turned 18 at the draft.

theres a big difference in dominating juniors at 20 and playing in the NHL at 20
Chabot looks great. but he is one of the oldest players in the tournament i hope he dominates. in comparaison up until the beginning of this season he was a PPG d man in the Q
I think hell be great... but i wouldnt pronounce myself too quickly if i was a Sens fans.

Yeah, I googled Chabot just recently...#18 in 2015 Draft (if my memory is correct, and he's 6'2, 190lbs, not too shabby!), and...then I noticed his birthday is coming up in two weeks!! (just found out about his age/upcoming birthday yesterday!).

Well...he's an old-timer compared to the very young/fresh 17-18yr olds who are in this tournament (ex: very young Sergachev), but now there's going to be more love on these boards for (not only) Toronto's young players, but now Ottawa! (not a fan of this! haha!! but what can we do?! Anyways...it's good for Canada to have Chabot...this is the only time we will praise his talent/hockey! but after that...he's a Sen and it's back to business!;)).

I prefer showing some love to the Oilers (McDavid! McDavid! McDavid!), Jets, Blue Jackets after our Habs. No love for T.O. or Ottawa (from me) 'cause I know they celebrate (especially Leaf fans!) in the streets when/if we lose in playoffs (I have friends in T.O. and Ottawa who tell me this!!).

Mete (speed demon): can't wait to see him represent Canada next year!! (approx. 350 days left of waiting before the next WJC!, but time flies!:sarcasm:). Some Hab fans here have really been praising his top notch speed and UPside (sky is the limit) potential (not only offensively, but defensively...underrated defensively according to some Hab fans who have watched him several times,etc).

Go Canada Go!!
Go Juulsen Go!!

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Awesome tournament for Juulsen, an absolute rock back there. Bean was a mess all tourney but Noah really showed shutdown D, getting players out of the play and blocking shots, not nervous with the puck, controls it well. The guy is really good. He doesn't have that offensive instinct but who knows, the kid was Canada's 2nd best defensemen and played great.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Plays a safe game and possesses size, mobility and a first pass to succeed. Will hopefully be a 2nd pairing D for years and an anchor on the PK.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's not a dynamic guy but I did not see one bad pass from him the last two games. Dude made the smart and accurate first pass every time.

Hes got middle pairing upside. Still figure he will be dealt with Weber and Petry firmly ahead of him on the right.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He's not a dynamic guy but I did not see one bad pass from him the last two games. Dude made the smart and accurate first pass every time.

Hes got middle pairing upside. Still figure he will be dealt with Weber and Petry firmly ahead of him on the right.

Why would Weber and Petry have any impact on Juulsen?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is Juulsen eligible next year?

He's 20 and after this year, he played 4 years of Junior, so he is all ours baby. It's either Montreal or Laval for Juulsen.

If Juulsen is traded, it won't be because Weber and Petry are there. It will be more because Juulsen is a player a team wants in order to accept trading someone Montreal really needs.

Juulsen is a longterm project. The fact we have Weber and Petry actually gives the Habs time to be patient with him and let him truly develop.

And nothing stops Juulsen making the Habs team and play in the 3rd pairing to start.

I can definitely get behind the Habs right defense consist of Weber, Petry, and Juulsen in a few years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I'm still not fully sold on Juulsen his warth shows when he is playing against fast skating team like the US and he provided little offense.

I still have faith in him developing into a very good nhl player but he needs more development in the AHL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm still not fully sold on Juulsen his warth shows when he is playing against fast skating team like the US and he provided little offense.

I still have faith in him developing into a very good nhl player but he needs more development in the AHL.

Agreed. I personally don't think he'd that far off from the NHL. But I do believe that the plan is to give him at least one full season in the AHL. And the only reason he'd get a call-up in his second season is either Montreal has injuries on the right side or Juulsen is playing lights out in the minors. Or else, a full two years of AHL could definitely do some good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad