Proposal: Noah Hanifin to New Jersey at the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
How can a defensmen having a disappointing sophmore and 3rd season be worth the 1st overall pick having an amazing all around season. I'm sorry but Hanifin is trending down if anything while Hischier is sky high. One is on the block while one is completely untouchable.

Hanifin is borderline on the block if he can get the Canes a top line center. Hischier has had a great year, but don’t use that against Hanifin. I feel that they’re of the same value.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Hischier's value to the Devils is more than almost any player in the league. Teams just do not trade 1OA picks, especially a 1C who just had a great year. I really cannot imagine any realistic scenario where Nico is traded. In a vacuum I could see Slavin being close to Hischier in value, but I can guarantee you that if Carolina's GM calls Shero and offers Slavin for Nico straight up Shero is just hanging up the phone.
Really the only way Nico is moved is if Chia gets drunk and offers something like Drai++ for Nico.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Look, Canes fans didn't start this thread, but it's the same thing we tell everyone else:

We might make a deal from our strength on the blueline...but only for an elite, young top-line F.

We're not interested in packages, if anything we'll add to our side to get the guy we want because we have the system depth to do so. We don't need or want a Dman back...we have plenty of internal replacements.

It's pretty simple...if you're not offering an elite, young F in your proposal for one of our D...just don't bother.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
pass. those are three pretty reasonable pieces and Speers has shown good potential too.

and lol at Carolina wanting a 50 point player in his 18/19yr old season. Chiarelli aint GM here

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Would like it to be known, though Severson is 2 years older, points this season: Hanifin 32 in 79 games. 24 in 76 games. offensive potential seems similar

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
How can a defensmen having a disappointing sophmore and 3rd season be worth the 1st overall pick having an amazing all around season. I'm sorry but Hanifin is trending down if anything while Hischier is sky high. One is on the block while one is completely untouchable.

How did Noah Hanifin have a disappointing season?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I can see a scenario where Carolina trades Hanifin.

I can't see a scenario where Carolina trades him within the division at his age, not without getting back an absolutely stupid return at least. You don't get a young top 2/3 defenseman with #1 potential for a package of quantity.

Uhhh, Hanifin and Hischier are of the same value. How nice that you’re more than willing to trade Schneider for him though!

Hischier has more value in a vacuum.

Last edited:

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
I think you are wrong on this one. I love Slavin. In my opinion, he is the most underrated D in the NHL. He doesn't get more hype because he plays in Carolina. I always thought that instead of Provorov vs. Werenski debate, it should have been Provorov vs. Slavin. Slavin's value to the organization would dictate that he could only be traded for a huge over-payment. Which is different from his league-wide trade value. Not a single GM in the league that would trade Hischier for him straight up right now. In two years things may change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad