Proposal: Noah Hanifin to New Jersey at the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Here’s a helpful hint:

If you have to keep adding multiple pieces in a trade for a highly touted young player to try and make the value even then your proposal probably isn’t going to work.

Quality, not quantity.

Players like that don’t get traded for four pieces. They get swapped for one good piece whichfor is would have to be a good centre of comparable age otherwise we don’t entertain the idea of moving him.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Put down the NHL 18. Canes aren't going to be trading Hanifin for anything less then a young #1C coming back, and with the depth they have in the system they should be the ones looking to ship out some assets for another high-end player, not ship out one of the few high-end assets they have for a quantity type return.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Severson underrated here I see

The proposal is fair/slightly favors Carolina value wise but don't see either team doing it

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Nope. You are going to need to give up one of Hischier or Hall. Your choice. Dman command a higher return that what was proposed.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I don’t see that big a difference between Severson and Hanifin. Severson is a good comparable to how Hanifin is playing right now.

However Hanifin is 3 years younger and the hope is that he improves significantly. In any case, if the Canes are trading Hanifin it won’t be for another D with Hanifin’s same issues. It would be for a #1C (ROR?), a guy with #1C potential, or a top-end W.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I don’t see that big a difference between Severson and Hanifin. Severson is a good comparable to how Hanifin is playing right now.

However Hanifin is 3 years younger and the hope is that he improves significantly. In any case, if the Canes are trading Hanifin it won’t be for another D with Hanifin’s same issues. It would be for a #1C (ROR?), a guy with #1C potential, or a top-end W.

This is why I think the Zacha add can make it work... Zacha was drafted just one spot after Hanifin. they both still have lots of potential

135ace

Mar 18, 2015

Pretty much my sentiments as well. Hanifin isn’t that big of an upgrade over Severson and JQ and Speers aren’t worth much. Why add Zacha to Severson just to get Hanifin? Doesn’t really fill either teams needs unless Noah or Pavel take a major leap in terms of development.
I don’t think NJ and Carolina are good trade partners.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
This is why I think the Zacha add can make it work... Zacha was drafted just one spot after Hanifin. they both still have lots of potential
Pretty much my sentiments as well. Hanifin isn’t that big of an upgrade over Severson and JQ and Speers aren’t worth much. Why add Zacha to Severson just to get Hanifin? Doesn’t really fill either teams needs unless Noah or Pavel take a major leap in terms of development.
I don’t think NJ and Carolina are good trade partners.

Kmz nailed it.

Canes probably wouldn’t make this trade unless Zacha took the next step towards being a #1C.
Devils probably wouldn’t make this trade unless Hanifin toon the next step towards being a #1D.

It doesn’t fill a need for either team right now and there isn’t much point in lateral risk trading.

Reactions: sheriff bart

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
You realize we're in the same division right?

Not trading Hanifin for anything less than an elite scorer whose name rhymes with Smaylor Tall.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Uhhh, Hanifin and Hischier are of the same value. How nice that you’re more than willing to trade Schneider for him though!
How can a defensmen having a disappointing sophmore and 3rd season be worth the 1st overall pick having an amazing all around season. I'm sorry but Hanifin is trending down if anything while Hischier is sky high. One is on the block while one is completely untouchable.

Reactions: MagnumForce2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->