Pre-Game Talk: No way JOSE (San Jose vs Edmonton/monday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I feel so much better with Larsson being back in. They played well so far without him, hopefully this gives a solid boost to the team.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
lol I don't know if anyone has brought this up but

we are 5-10-0 at home, and 9-7-2 on the road.

That's just surreal. This team seems to have a sports psychology problem.

edit: seriously, our road record compares well against playoff teams and sticks out like a sore thumb at the bottom

Reactions: ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Honestly, say what you will about our D, I really like how a healthy D group looks for us.

Nurse-Larsson
Sekera-Russell
Klefbom-Davidson
Benning

That's 7 solid dmen. Some people may suggest that we don't have enough of an offensive threat, but I think the overall ability of that group makes up for it.

Last edited:

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
We broke a lot of curses with that win over the wild...But can we beat the worst curse of them all, the win lose win lose cycle? I sure hope so.

Reactions: Night Witch

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Oh Tim Peel is officiating? PP's 6-2 Sharks, guaranteed. He is absolutely brutal. Remember the playoffs last year? Oi vey

YfQ7JA7.png

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Honestly, say whatt you will about our D, I really like how a healthy D group looks for us.

Nurse-Larsson
Sekera-Russell
Klefbom-Davidson
Benning

That's 7 solid dmen. Some people may suggest that we don't have enough of an offensive threat, but I think the overall ability of that group makes up for it.
Sekera will be a nice boost in the O-zone, in transition, and jumping in on the rush. Once Klefbom gets his offensive game rolling that will be a nice boost to the offence. We don't have an offensive stud, but those 2 are both capable of adding some nice offence.

Reactions: ujju2

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Sekera will be a nice boost in the O-zone, in transition, and jumping in on the rush. Once Klefbom gets his offensive game rolling that will be a nice boost to the offence. We don't have an offensive stud, but those 2 are both capable of adding some nice offence.
Hope the boys come out and score 7 in the first :laugh:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So why not put Caggiulia on waivers then and have Slepy inserted, and the best possible lineup for tonight. Cagg is the worst pk player on this team, arguably the worst forward on this team and he has had a ton of time to learn the NHL game. Not sure how he's considered still a potential player.

Here's my take. Don't waive Slepy, keep him in the lineup.

Chances are Cagguila gets claimed and we lose an appreciable asset on an ELC and under team control for nothing. Slepyshev requires no waiver process. They could have waived Gryba and I doubt any takers but the coaches must want to carry 8 D 13 F vs 7 D 14 F.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I dont get the Sleppy love at all.

The guy hasnt done anything this year.

I'm not even a big Slepy fan (I'm actually one of the few who like Cagguila more) but he hasn't had much of an opportunity to do much with injuries, being pressboxed etc.

Maybe it's just an entertainment thing but I'd much rather watch Slepyshev on Nuge's line with his speed and forechecking ability than Cammalleri who does make some smart plays but provides no value on the forecheck and generally weighs that line down, he can't skate anymore. I guess Walker should get another look but I'd rather see a righty on the Nuge line.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Chances are Cagguila gets claimed and we lose an appreciable asset on an ELC and under team control for nothing. Slepyshev requires no waiver process. They could have waived Gryba and I doubt any takers but the coaches must want to carry 8 D 13 F vs 7 D 14 F.
Caggiulia is an appreciable asset?

I don't even consider him an asset as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad