Pre-Game Talk: No way JOSE (San Jose vs Edmonton/monday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
tumblr_or7ea2yBZV1vtad0lo1_400.gif

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Big game on Monday. Oilers are playing better lately. If they win this game, could be a huge win for the team. Hope the boys are amped for this game. Maybe a win against the Sharks will help turn things around at home.

Reactions: TrentonF

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I mean, if the boys can win the next 3 against the Sharks, Blues and Habs... they get back to .500 and are back in the playoff conversation.
Ive been watching a bit of the Blues/Jets game. Both those teams are in another universe than us right now. The speed, depth of talent, forechecking ability, and willingness to take a hard cut at the net with the puck with both those teams is impressive and it makes our circus just look sad. I will be deliriously happy if it comes to pass, but I wouldnt bet a plug nickel on the Oilers being in the post season.

Reactions: oljimmy

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Yuuuuuge game.

Team really needs to show they are gonna come to play against their division rivals. It's their only hope at playoffs to be dominant within their division.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Ive been watching a bit of the Blues/Jets game. Both those teams are in another universe than us right now. The speed, depth of talent, forechecking ability, and willingness to take a hard cut at the net with the puck with both those teams is impressive and it makes our circus just look sad. I will be deliriously happy if it comes to pass, but I wouldnt bet a plug nickel on the Oilers being in the post season.
I don't disagree. But if Talbot can find last year's form. And if Sekera and Larsson return and play as well as last year. And if Nurse continues playing like a top pairing guy. And if Puljujarvi + the rest of the offense can continue to click. And if, and if, and if...

Hope springs eternal. :laugh:

Reactions: bukwas

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
This is a huge 4 point game. The win loss cycle dictates a loss. Cam Talbot will dictate a win. Dictator Talbot to the rescue. And please penalty killers, kill the penalties. We cant win giving up 1 in 2 chances at home.
So Dictator Talbot and Penalty Killers will win the day for us. Not predicting a score because I dont care. Just. Win.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Finally last night was the first game the PK played the box style. Dam was that nice to see. I have no idea why TM took 30 games to find out the diamond wasnt working. Check that, it wasnt that great even last year.

Reactions: lakai17

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Would be nice to follow up a big win with another big win. We need to go on a streak pretty soon here if we even want a hope of getting into the playoffs

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
If Oilers continue their recent pattern, they will outshoot the sharks, but lose at home. If they can break this pattern they have a chance. Glad LB is not starting anymore as he lets in to many bad goals.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Finally last night was the first game the PK played the box style. Dam was that nice to see. I have no idea why TM took 30 games to find out the diamond wasnt working. Check that, it wasnt that great even last year.
The oilers WERE playing the box most of the time on the pk. If you weren't seeing that it was due to all the neophytes the Oilers have on the pk getting out of position.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I mean, if the boys can win the next 3 against the Sharks, Blues and Habs... they get back to .500 and are back in the playoff conversation.

Its a present under the tree, but with a tawdry Bettman 500 tag on it compared to what one perhaps expected. Trouble is after that we have JetsX2 on the schedule and then the Kings.

Most of the teams upcoming will be able to play a big boy game against us. Some of those teams have scores to settle as well from last season.

Its odd in the Schedule when you look forward and think that in all the tough games ahead that the Habs and the Hawks are the "easy" games in the schedule.

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
we have a decent record against our division.

it seems like San Jose is easily one of the better defensive teams in the league though and if they shutdown the neutral zone, it will kill us.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Thought I read last night, Sekera has been pushed back till the new year. Pretty sure I read it on the oilers site.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

So they are still idiots I see. First unit has been absolutely neutered this year so don't change that wouldn't want to give a team a better pp to try and get back into the playoff picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad