Pre-Game Talk: No way JOSE (San Jose vs Edmonton/monday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Yesterdays win was the first time this season that I felt 100% confident in the team.
even when Dumba brought them within 1, I never fekt any reason to believe the Oilers were going to lose....I think the team has turned corner and are back to the same as last season with the swagger.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
The last game was the biggest automatic loss of the season, early afternoon game vs a very hot Minnesota Wild team..Maybe it was just the, win one lose one cycle, but they earned that one..
I think they are starting to find their confidence again.

Jesse on the powerplay!!!!, it's like Christmas in December.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
I am feeling pretty good about this team right now and think they will make some noise by slowly reentering the playoff picture. This last section of games is the most consistent I’ve seen them play this year(which is really not saying much) and they should already have another 3-4 points more than they do. Making up for the mistake of moving Davidson in the first place is looking like an absolute quality move and you reintroduce Sekera and Larsson into our D corp and that looks very solid top to bottom with the right people on the outside looking in and quality players battling for the 6 spot. The forward lines have started to find their way which other and some good chemistry with work still to be done. The top line seems to have found a perfect glue of JP. I couldn’t stand Lucic and McDavid together and it made zero sense to me but with JP, you now have a player who can skate with McDavid on the rush but he’s created a great cycle trio with his size pairing with Lucic nicely and his skill level pairing with McDavid. I think San Jose is a game we take. Who knows with the Blues because they are top shelf in this league but ultimately, I see an Oiler team where the stats may say they have a 5% chance of the playoffs but I believe that’s become much more in the 35-40% already.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Sharks has nothing in the toolbox that could surprise us! With normal goaltending, it should be a pretty comfortable win!
I watched the Sharks vs Canucks game the other day. Canucks won in OT with a glorious goal from Gagner.
Sharks only went one for four on the PP, but man did they ever look deadly and dominant with the man advantage.
So its not exactly true to say that they have 'nothing' in the tool chest. Oilers need to stay out of the box.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
The same Nucks who are down 5-0 after 2 periods against Shames?:D! Our Pk has been bad but was good last game at least!
Sharks seems pretty meeh, nothing special last and this season, is probably what i meant.

Poor Gags, the Nucks fans arent happy with him, its the kindest thing i can say:laugh:!

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I don't disagree. But if Talbot can find last year's form. And if Sekera and Larsson return and play as well as last year. And if Nurse continues playing like a top pairing guy. And if Puljujarvi + the rest of the offense can continue to click. And if, and if, and if...

Hope springs eternal. :laugh:

All joking aside, your points are 100% correct. Have we rolled all our D together? NO. Offense is starting to click? YES.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Learned my lesson.. not gonna get excited after a big win anymore... especially for a home game where they have sucked all year. Just hoping that last year's Talbot is back for the remainder of the season. If so.. I just may allow myself to get excited again.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
lOK2WM.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He's been pretty meh this season no doubt. But c'mon that OT goal was glorious. ****ing glorious.
Finally saw it. Great execution at high speed. Manages to settle a bouncing puck, never loses stride and needs to execute fast as pressure is coming and takes it to the back hand with perfect timing and roofs it corner. Pure talent.

That said an odd year for Gagner who got 50pts last season in his show me season and playing at league minimum. Now he's got a 9M 3 season deal in Vancouver and I think it possible some of the desperation is missing from his game. He's in a good place, good situation and maybe relaxing for the first time in years. The experience in Philly being particularly brutal, on a team that didn't even want him.

Reactions: harpoon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad