Pre-Game Talk: No way JOSE (San Jose vs Edmonton/monday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Weird little stat I wouldn't have expected.

For goals scored by dmen this year, the Oilers are actually near the top 1/3 of the NHL with 16 goals, in a 4-way tie in 8th place with Minnesota, Toronto and Montreal, ahead of teams like SJ (13), Calgary (14) and Chicago (10). Of course when assists are factored in it's another story, but it's still interesting.

The worst? Buffalo has only 2 goals by dmen so far this year. Vancouver's next worst with 6.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Weird little stat I wouldn't have expected.

For goals scored by dmen this year, the Oilers are actually near the top 1/3 of the NHL with 16 goals, in a 4-way tie in 8th place with Minnesota, Toronto and Montreal, ahead of teams like SJ (13), Calgary (14) and Chicago (10). Of course when assists are factored in it's another story, but it's still interesting.

The worst? Buffalo has only 2 goals by dmen so far this year. Vancouver's next worst with 6.
That's because our defensemen are firing the puck even more than our forwards.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
This is a huge 4 point game. The win loss cycle dictates a loss. Cam Talbot will dictate a win. Dictator Talbot to the rescue. And please penalty killers, kill the penalties. We cant win giving up 1 in 2 chances at home.
So Dictator Talbot and Penalty Killers will win the day for us. Not predicting a score because I dont care. Just. Win.

You need to hex them.... dude wtf?

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
5 games of solid effort. Let's make it 6 is all I ask.

If they play hard and don't get absolutely annihilated in special teams they can win this one.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Some good news: Looks like Larsson is back into the lineup tonight, taking Auvitu's place.

Also, Stauffer is tweeting that Cammalleri is out, replaced by Walker.

Great to see Larsson back but why Walker? Isn't Slepy allowed back in the lineup?

McLellan supposedly liked speed more than what Slepy was bringing. Slepy is one of the few players in bottomsix that has a shot and one of the few depth wingers we have that could play well with Draisaitl.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Great to see Larsson back but why Walker? Isn't Slepy allowed back in the lineup?

McLellan supposedly liked speed more than what Slepy was bringing. Slepy is one of the few players in bottomsix that has a shot and one of the few depth wingers we have that could play well with Draisaitl.

JTS reminded me that Slepy is one game away from losing waiver exemption and expects him to be moved or will be sent down. If the latter, he will go back to Russia.

And I agree, Slepy should be playing with Drai.

Reactions: Night Witch

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

If Larsson is back they need to send someone to the minors. Only two guys who are waiver exempt are Slepy and Pulju, so they're likely going to have to assign Slepy to the AHL later today.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You need to hex them.... dude wtf?

Lol. It didn’t work vs Nashville but I did say they’d break the away v Minnesota/afternoon game/backup goalie curse - so just for you;

A hex on Burns and Thorton and may ravens nest in their beards (alongside other birds and various flying insects already there).

A curse on Pavelski and may the Swiss Army Knife be dulled and broken.

A plague of locusts to befall Jones and his defence.

The voodoo God Larson is back tonight and will wreak havoc upon San Jose forwards and many pizzas await man child Puljujarvi after his power play debut tonight!

Just. Win.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So why not put Caggiulia on waivers then and have Slepy inserted, and the best possible lineup for tonight. Cagg is the worst pk player on this team, arguably the worst forward on this team and he has had a ton of time to learn the NHL game. Not sure how he's considered still a potential player.

Here's my take. Don't waive Slepy, keep him in the lineup.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
After tonight we'll either be 6 points back of that 3rd spot in the Pacific or 10 points. This is a MASSIVE game. Lets go Oilers!!! I'm feeling good about this. The team is really starting to look good again.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
So why not put Caggiulia on waivers then and have Slepy inserted, and the best possible lineup for tonight. Cagg is the worst pk player on this team, arguably the worst forward on this team and he has had a ton of time to learn the NHL game. Not sure how he's considered still a potential player.

While I agree with this, in fairness to the Oilers waivers take 24 hours so they would be unable to do this in time for tonights game. They could have randomly done it earlier, but Larsson has been DTD for a couple of weeks so they probably weren't certain he was going to play tonight before this morning.

Alternatively they could have just not claimed Nathan Walker. Useless player wasting a roster spot.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006

And therein lies the rub. Our conehead of a coach and the brilliance he bequeaths make it so frustrating to watch good players who deserve a chance with talent, play on the fourth or sit in the pb.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

There's little difference between the two players. Slepyshev has been hurt and/or ineffective.

Reactions: Night Witch

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
While I agree with this, in fairness to the Oilers waivers take 24 hours so they would be unable to do this in time for tonights game. They could have randomly done it earlier, but Larsson has been DTD for a couple of weeks so they probably weren't certain he was going to play tonight before this morning.

Alternatively they could have just not claimed Nathan Walker. Useless player wasting a roster spot.
this, no idea why Walker was claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad