Post-Game Talk: No Sunday Blues, Jets win in OT 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Tuesday's game against Vegas might be the season 4pt game with a game in hand, a win and then somehow beating the Bruins and I might need to stock up on crow condiments.

We need some help in the out of town scoreboard as well. So far Tampa is helping us out against Vancouver. We need Dallas to go on a skid though as they have three games in hand on us.

Can't believe I'll be cheering for the Leafs on Tueaday:help:

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
We need some help in the out of town scoreboard as well. So far Tampa is helping us out against Vancouver. We need Dallas to go on a skid though as they have three games in hand on us.

Can't believe I'll be cheering for the Leafs on Tueaday:help:
I know. :facepalm:

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
@Jet Remove the checkmark in the Settings/ignore and then save. Look at the bottom of the main Jets board and you'll see a "show ignore content" click on that and you should be able to see ignored content.
CXW6xPs.png

Reactions: Jet

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'm more so concerned about Dallas. We are three back of them but they have 3 games in hand and imo are the front runners atm for that last spot. We need them to fall apart.

We absolutely need to beat Vegas in regulation on Tuesday.
Tuesday’s game is a tough one for me.

I want us to keep losing since the playoffs are unlikely, but I want Vegas to lose as well because I’d love to see them get just desserts.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
I'm more so concerned about Dallas. We are three back of them but they have 3 games in hand and imo are the front runners atm for that last spot. We need them to fall apart.

We absolutely need to beat Vegas in regulation on Tuesday.
Agree we need Dallas to blow at least 2 of the games in hand and we need to go on a run this next home stand. It’s doable if they string together efforts like tonight. But there’s the frustration. They had potential to turn it on all year and string together wins. But didn’t.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Opponent wise our next 6 games are against easier opponents overall. Not always a good thing since we seem to play down to the opposition level far too often. But 5 of 6 are at home. Dallas on the other hand has on paper a tougher road to hoe the next 6 games, emphasis on road since that is where they will be for 5 of the next 6.

Reactions: Jets 31 and TheHead

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Watched from bed, a little under the weather so didn't post during the game. Nice win and I will confess to having a man crush on DuBois. Give him whatever he wants to have him here for the next 8 years. Hopefully Lowry the Lame doesn't exile Svechnikov to the press box. He needs to be in our top 9 getting decent playing time. The obvious non call on Scheifele, while he didn't whine is a result of the fact I'm sure that he is known league wide as a whiner as well as the incompetence of officials.

I could get behind the "Scheifele is a whiner so he didn't get the OT call" thing if the NHL hasn't proven twice just this week that the officials will not call things late or in OT so as to not "influence the outcome".

He used green guys he's serious!

I had no idea we could use different colours now, this is going to be a gamechanger.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I could get behind the "Scheifele is a whiner so he didn't get the OT call" thing if the NHL hasn't proven twice just this week that the officials will not call things late or in OT so as to not "influence the outcome".

I had no idea we could use different colours now, this is going to be a gamechanger.

Bro, that’s been a thing since I signed up. :laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That was an enjoyable game. Weird that we had the Blues number this season. Hope Copp is ok.

Not allot of talk about Connor’s back check, interception, amazing pass to Duby, that led to Fly’s goal. Sawyer brushed it off to that sequence was so impressive.

Can we beat Vegas please.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
More KFC-PLD-Ehlers They are young and quick and should be cemented as the 1st line
Whether 55-26 likes it or not the torch is passed on.
This isnt a shot a scheifele who i think the hate on some people have for him has gotten ridiculous, he just needs to be used properly.

We have heard Scheifele say how he wants to compete against the top Cs in the world. But what we have seen this year is Dubois actions competing against the top Cs this year. Dubois raises his game against the best and physically dominates them. We saw how Dubois treats Matthews this year, he completely smothered him not giving an inch of space, Matthews was miserable. That's the match up the Jets coaches need to be making.

Unfortunately at this point Scheifele seems to leave a 3/4 stick length distance between him and his man. That's all the top players need. If you give Scheifele the secondary match up he should be dominant against most teams just with his offense alone. You won't find a better C than Scheifele for the money.

Reactions: surixon

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I'm really happy with the PLD trade for Patrick Laine. I think the Jets got the center they always wanted. I would not reverse that trade for anything. Columbus did ok as well with Laine, as he's giving them goal production. From a Jet's perspective, I think they did exceptionally well on this trade. PLD is a beast, with pretty decent scoring hands. Great trade for the Jets.
This was a trade that made both teams better. I said it at the time, and I say it now.

One thing I will add, Roslovic was the other significant piece of that trade that is often omitted in the discussion, I imagine to make it seem like Chevy did a one for one. He didn't. And Roslo has 25 points in 55 games this year which is far and away better than anyone in our bottom six.

Cue up the comments about Rolso being 'worthless' to the Jets. Wait for it - incoming:

Last edited:
Reactions: DRW204

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This was a trade that made both teams better. I said it at the time, and I say it now.

One this I will add, Roslovic was the other significant piece of that trade that is often omitted in the discussion, I imagine to make it seem like Chevy did a one for one. He didn't. And Roslo has 25 points in 55 games this year which is far and away better than anyone in our bottom six.

Cue up the comments about Rolso being 'worthless' to the Jets. Wait for it - incoming:
I for one would welcome him in our bottom 6. The issue is that he is miscast on this team as long as we insist on a Lowry checking third line. Roslovic would be a good piece on a third scoring line.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That was an enjoyable game. Weird that we had the Blues number this season. Hope Copp is ok.

Not allot of talk about Connor’s back check, interception, amazing pass to Duby, that led to Fly’s goal. Sawyer brushed it off to that sequence was so impressive.

Can we beat Vegas please.
Connor has injected himself into the conversation as one of the very best in the game, not just for trending towards being a 50 goal man, but using his skill and putting a concerted effort into defense and forcing turnovers, including takeaways.

I don't know if he's worked on his strength in the offseason but so many times this season he's been bodied or heavily pressured when he has the puck, and you think the opponent is going to stop him but he finds away to escape the check or battle through it and come away with the puck.

I don't know if that's a result of PLDs influence, but it's been really impressive to see.

Schiefele should watch Connor tapes on repeat because he has size that Connor doesn't and if he played like 81 has been this year our one 2 punch at center might be the best or near best in the league.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

One this I will add, Roslovic was the other significant piece of that trade that is often omitted in the discussion, I imagine to make it seem like Chevy did a one for one. He didn't. And Roslo has 25 points in 55 games this year which is far and away better than anyone in our bottom six.

Roslovic didn't want to be here and wasn't going to re-sign with the Jets , having said that i would do that trade all day and everyday to get a #1 power center that can score and defend like Dubois. Just think about this team without Dubois at center . Scheifele , Copp , Stastny isn't very good depth at center.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

With the usage of the forwards and bottom 6 on this team do you really think Roslovic would be anywhere near 25 points on this team?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
This isnt a shot a scheifele who i think the hate on some people have for him has gotten ridiculous, he just needs to be used properly.

We have heard Scheifele say how he wants to compete against the top Cs in the world. But what we have seen this year is Dubois actions competing against the top Cs this year. Dubois raises his game against the best and physically dominates them. We saw how Dubois treats Matthews this year, he completely smothered him not giving an inch of space, Matthews was miserable. That's the match up the Jets coaches need to be making.

Unfortunately at this point Scheifele seems to leave a 3/4 stick length distance between him and his man. That's all the top players need. If you give Scheifele the secondary match up he should be dominant against most teams just with his offense alone. You won't find a better C than Scheifele for the money.
Scheifele in last night's OT was on fire and winning puck battle like he used to... its too bad about that hold and complaining instead of hustling back

PLD is our defacto C and Lowry is our A right now. They are the first guys in if there's trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad