No one hates St.Louis winning the cup?

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Anybody that wins the Cup works hard...I'm sure StLoo fans will explain how this was special, often enough to make others not like them. Happens every year.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
is it just me or St.Louis Blues is universally liked this year as a Stanley Cup champion? Well, of course, except for maybe Boston fans. I personally never sympathized them in my life nor hated Bruins but I have a strange feeling that things went right this year. For the first time since my team has won it.

I haven't seen this kind of universal love since Crosby won the Smythe in 2016.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Oh don't say that didn't you see what happened to,Kris Bryant after he said St. louis as a city was,boring?

Well nothing cause who,cares about,boring St louis

Chicago had 25 shooting deaths yesterday on the 4th. That’s pretty exciting, huh?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Chicago had 25 shooting deaths yesterday on the 4th. That’s pretty exciting, huh?
Only 25?

What a good day for Chicago! They should throw a parade!

I think they had less than 500 shooting deaths by memorial day too. A new record low!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Don't mind St. L winning the Cup at all, since it will be 50 years before they do it again...

giphy.gif

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
is it just me or St.Louis Blues is universally liked this year as a Stanley Cup champion? Well, of course, except for maybe Boston fans. I personally never sympathized them in my life nor hated Bruins but I have a strange feeling that things went right this year. For the first time since my team has won it.

I'm very happy for St. Louis. Not only because of the wait, but because its a franchise thats tried to stay competitive for decades now and has had both excellent management and excellent drafting. Its great to see this be rewarded.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
See... Still salty about the truth

So what if St. Louis is "boring"? I mean, I would disagree. I'm born and raised in St. Louis and I've raised my family in St. Louis and it's certainly not boring but whatever.

I happen to think St. Louis is the perfect city because it's not so big that it has a million tourists with areas that regulars have to avoid because they're overrun with tourists. But it's a big enough city that it has popular professional sports teams and plenty to do, actually. I'm sure people who live in New York don't visit Times Square as much and I'm sure people who live in Chicago don't go to Navy Pier regularly. But in St. Louis you can visit the attractions because they're not completely jam packed with tourists. I like that, personally.

No, St. Louis doesn't have beaches and isn't some large sprawling metropolis with an extravagant nightclub life or something but that doesn't make it boring in my opinion.

It's very much a city that has a down home feel and I prefer that. To each their own I guess.

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Obviously I wanted the Bruins to win, but the disappointment didn’t last long. The Patriots and Red Sox are the reigning World Champions in their respective sports, and Boston has gotten the better of St. Louis in 1970; 2001; 2004; and 2013. I know the Celtics had a championship against them too, but I can’t think of it off the top of my head and I don’t care enough to look it up.

So, having celebrated at St. Louis’ expense three times in my lifetime, I guess I can let it slide. Not everyone can have what we do, and even though I don’t like it, I can live with it. I’ve seen the Celtics win three championships; the Red Sox win four; the Patriots win six; and the Bruins win one. Can’t win em all, I suppose. The Bruins had a good run, and I was entertained. That will have to be good enough for me.

Cheers, Blues fans! Congrats on getting the monkey off your back.

Blackmon

Mullet
Jun 23, 2018
Cambridge Bay, NU
Honestly have zero love for the Blues, and I wasn't happy to see them win whatsoever. I even rooted against them hardcore for a team I've always disliked in the Boston Bruins.

But that's just hockey. I'll take a team I strongly dislike winning one Stanley Cup in 40-something years over the New England Patriots winning the Super Bowl pretty much every goddamn year.

Reactions: Sayonara77

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think everyone including me wanted the Blues to win it. Boston had just won the 2019 SuperBowl & 2018 World Series, they didn't need the Stanley cup, besides Chara/Bergeron already have Cups.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I dont care for the Blues winning it, infact I wouldve preferred other teams like TB, Columbus winning it over them.

A major reason a lot of fans were pleased with the outcome is mainly due to teary Marchand and the bruins losing it. If Stl faced Columbus, I wouldve preferred Columbus taking the cup.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

Not so much liked. I think people are universally indifferent about St. Louis.

I sorta/kinda like the Blues. Somewhat. But they're probably the kind of team I'll forget about in a few years. Someone will ask me "hey do you recall who won the cup in 2019?" and I'll be like "nope, no recollection."

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
If I wasn't a Bruins fan, I assume that this would be one of those years where I forget who won and would have to look it up to remember the winner. Couldn't tell you who won in 2007 for example.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
happy for the blues, as someone else said its fun seeing the long tortured fan bases win. Sick of any of the original 6 teams winning along with the Pens as they have all won before at some point. Pretty much root for whoever hasn't won now that the caps are back to their first round exit ways.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'm pleased whenever a team wins for the first time. Now that the Blues have done it I'm rooting fo the Sharks. I sneer at arrogant Leafs faas and their sense of entitlement/ They thught they had it made when they signed Matthews and Tavares and hired Blabcock.
No wonder Lamoriello bolted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad