No one hates St.Louis winning the cup?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Blues are a div. rival but I have no problems with them winning.

Honestly, either team wouldve been fine but I know Binnington & Pietrangelo so i really wanted the Blues to win for them two. Plus they are one of those teams that gives you no reason to dislike them.

Funny, after years of goalie searching, including a big trade for Miller, they do it with a late round pick who wasnt even in the roster discussion at the start of the year.

Jan 21, 2018
I think it's more that people dislike the Bruins but the Blues don't really have any unlikeable players so I'm sure it's a bit of both.

I really liked seeing ROR getting the conne smythe. So many Avs and Sabres fans trashed this guy calling him a cancer, looks like he's the f***ing cure in my books.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think it's more that people dislike the Bruins but the Blues don't really have any unlikeable players so I'm sure it's a bit of both.

I really liked seeing ROR getting the conne smythe. So many Avs and Sabres fans trashed this guy calling him a cancer, looks like he's the ****ing cure in my books.

There are some Sabre and Av fans who hate on the guy, but many Sabre fans are happy he did what he did since it was an affirmation of what we could see about him as a player. And it was another condemnation of the ownership and management of the team.

Good on the Blues for the win.

Reactions: fivesberg

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Can only speak for myself as a Leafs (mostly) and Hawks (2nd fav team). Hated facing the Blues when the Hawks were in their glory not so long ago. That being said, happy for the team now, congrats on the cup.

Also became substantially more likeable once Backes left lol.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Hated them when we were playing them but seeing game 7 being a clean game I'm not mad at all. It's a great story.

Reactions: MB11 and Burynai

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I don’t think anybody really cares for them. I think people are just more happy the Bruins lost, tbh.

I started the series feeling that way, to be honest. But the Blues were a fun team to watch, and they had some storylines that grew on you. Mostly Binnington and the turnaround from Jan 1st. They're a likeable team, and I was actively cheering for them by the end.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I really liked seeing ROR getting the conne smythe. So many Avs and Sabres fans trashed this guy calling him a cancer, looks like he's the ****ing cure in my books.

The best part was Sabres fans jumping thru hoops trying to make him look bad. Or say he wasnt a good leader.... who then lead his team in points playoffs + regular season, nominated for the Selke and won the Smythe.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I started the series feeling that way, to be honest. But the Blues were a fun team to watch, and they had some storylines that grew on you. Mostly Binnington and the turnaround from Jan 1st. They're a likeable team, and I was actively cheering for them by the end.

That was it for me too. I don't hate the Bruins, but I like rooting for the underdog and/or some "feel good" stories in the Finals, which seemed to be heavy for the Blues:

-The team and it's fanbase have never won the Cup
-No one on the team had ever won a Cup
-Going from last place to the Finals
-"Interim" coach
-Not exactly highly touted goalie coming from nowhere to being a key contributor
-Guys that have been around the block a few times like Steen and Bouwmeester finally winning a Cup
-Maroon allegedly turning down termed offers to take less money for one year to play in his hometown and close to his family

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad