No one hates St.Louis winning the cup?

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I loved seeing the Blues win and seeing Bouwmeester hoist the cup is probably the closest thing I'll see to a Flames player winning in my lifetime so enjoyed it.

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
I was thrilled the Blues won!!! Any team that wins their first championship should be celebrated unless they are a bitter rival of your team!! Especially because they beat Boston, another championship from a Boston team would have been unbearable for anyone outside of New England!!

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
They more than deserved the cup. This team (roster) deserved it and the franchise deserved it. The fans did too!!!!!!

Reactions: Spektre

Eastborn142

Jun 29, 2019
nah, they are an honest team. First win, good for them. I think people are just happy Boston didn't win.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I loved the Blues since I was 9 and Chris Pronger was on the cover of NHL 2000. Back then he was playing with Al MacInnis and they were a terrific pairing (in NHL 2000 even more.) It feels like since the , they've always had good teams, but they were much like the Sharks, unable to win it all.

Now that they finally have done it, I can only be happy for them and especially against my team's archrival.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

Matchbox 18

Oct 12, 2018
Hate all you want. Saint louis will be riding this cup win til the end of the century with middle fingers blazing. I always said Justin give me one. Now that we got it, I’m greedy and want more lol

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I have no interest in Blues as a team, but I love the total hockey they play in central division and it was a long awaited championship, so that is also cool.

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
I just hate the refs. Tarnished the accomplishment of the Blues. I couldn't even watch my own team play it was too pathetic how poorly the refs officiated, yeah they would've lost but damn it sucks losing when there are no rules.

My interest in the league went from 100% to 0%, coincidentally the officiating seemed to have tanked at the exact same time the league became oversaturated with advertisements.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I just hate the refs. Tarnished the accomplishment of the Blues. I couldn't even watch my own team play it was too pathetic how poorly the refs officiated, yeah they would've lost but damn it sucks losing when there are no rules.

My interest in the league went from 100% to 0%, coincidentally the officiating seemed to have tanked at the exact same time the league became oversaturated with advertisements.
Yet here you are talking about it and discussing it like you care. 0%?

K.

And people acting like the refs were only bad recently need a reality check. They have sucked in the playoffs my entire life, for every team on both sides of every series.

The difference now is the internet and social media where people can whine to a much larger audience and blow things out of proportion.

No doubt the NHL needs to expand replay, add chips to the puck that sets off the goal lights of a puck crosses the bar... etc. but don't act like this is new or exclusive to any one teams benefit or some trash like that.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

Well you blamed the refs for the Flames losing their series against the Avs so it isn't really all that surprising that you'd run that out again here.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
On the East side of the bracket the only team I would have cheered over the Blues was the Islanders. Even then it wouldn't have been about the Blues but a desire to see the Islanders win after the JT stuff.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I had reasons for both sides, brother is a huge Bruin fan and the stupid ROR crap (yes you won blues fans you won big but we also just added Ryan Johnson who could of went as high as 20 and Colin Miller from that trade, just so know) the only reason I say ROR crap is because he wouldn’t even had a chance at the smythe if the blues weren’t already a good team. He was their leading scorer in january when they were dead last and it wasn’t taking them anywhere until binnington and berube changed the team. Plus that team is a real team. ROR was amazing in the finals but the award is for the whole playoffs he did end up on top in scoring but petriangelo was right there and if a d as good as him and captain is a couple Pts behind and scored the game seven winning goal why couldn’t he of been the winner? it would of made the chirping noises easier to bear and I could of just been flat out happy fot the blues lol.... mean ROR didn’t really even show up until the finals. He had a case though and ultimately he won but he was on an amazing team. That was a real team and he didn’t play that way here. Anyway I was happy for berube my dad is friends with him from childhood and I met him when I was 8 at an NHL game capitals vs Canucks in 1996. Good guy. Great coach. He deserved one after losing in 2010 as an assistant with Philly. And I have a soft spot for suffering fanbases so all and all it was fine.

The blues are a well oiled machine, they play as good collectively under berube as any team as I’ve seen especially on the road. A perfect road gAme that’s there game.

I was cheering for them in the respect for the coach the suffering fans and the length of suffering Time that us sabres, leafs and Canucks fans know too well.

I have already forgot the playoffs.

Me too, it’s weird I had a hard time remembering who was in the first round yesterday, I eventually got it after about three minutes of thinking but that’s a long time because I can name the first round and most often their results of he playoffs for the last near thirty years.

Last edited:

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I will never forget some basically "total puck control", which the Blues did in the 2nd period of game 4. The 2nd home game for St.Louis.
Not all period but for a stretch, the Blues really dominated! (Ok, Chara got injured shortly before...).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad