Pre-Game Talk: No Dion & The Return Of Ben|Leafs vs Kings|Wednesday @ 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
L.A. is a damn good team, so beastly on the forecheck. Leafs will have to play a hard game otherwise they'll be on their toes all night trying to counter the Kings animalistic forecheck.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Kings play a similar game to the Bruins.

If we play like we did against the bruins in the 1st, and sustain that for 60 minutes, we can win. Chances are slim, but its not impossible

Tweek

Too much Pressure!
Oct 23, 2011
Halifornia
1 of 2 games a year I don't hope the Leafs win, good luck tomorrow. I am not sure if the 6-Zip drubbing laid on the Habs tonight is going to mean that is the Kings' goal quota for the week or not but here is hoping for a closer game than that one tonight.:handclap:

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
David Alter: Maple Leafs lines: JVR-Kadri-Kessel, Raymond-Smith-Clarkson, Lupul-Holland-Kulemin, McLaren-McClement-D’Amigo-Ashton. Paul Hendrick: Defensive pairings: Gunnarsson and franson. Gardiner and liles. Fraser and ranger. Rielly and phaneuf is the extra pairing.

Jonas Siegel: Franson and Gardiner are on the 1st PP unit. Liles and Gunnarsson on the 2nd PP unit.

Rielly benched again?

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Gunnarsson on the 2nd PP unit? How about a forward? Our PP hasn't played that well recently, Carl is definitely not going to help..

First PP:
JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Gardiner - Franson

Second PP:
Lupul - Smith - Clarkson
Liles - Raymond

Or even use Ranger, who has a much better shot from the point than Gunnarsson.

KingKopitar11*

As someone who watches the Kings as something of a 'second team', believe me, not attempting to sit on a 1-goal lead was definitely an anomaly for LA.

They really stopped doing that 10 games in. That was definitely not an anomaly. Sitting on leads is not a good thing for any team. So they stopped doing it after they blew one and nearly blew another. Sorry to drop in, just inaccurate.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
They really stopped doing that 10 games in. That was definitely not an anomaly. Sitting on leads is not a good thing for any team. So they stopped doing it after they blew one and nearly blew another. Sorry to drop in, just inaccurate.

:laugh: Totally caught you creep'n on the TO board!!!!

Wait, damit! blew my cover!

Good luck tomorrow! Kings shook up the lines about 3 games back and have been doing well. They still have weaknesses. Muzzin will pass TO at least 2 in front of the Kings net. At some point that has to come back to hurt the Kings.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Maybe it's just nitpicking, and I don't how the playing time will work out, but shouldn't any line that Lupul's on become the 2nd line? The guy is basically our 3rd best winger and often close to a ppg.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Is Bernier getting the start?!

Why the **** isn't Rielly going to the World Jrs when we obviously don't need or use him? Play the god damn kid, or let him go get some national experience.

GO LEAFS!

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Is Bernier getting the start?!

Why the **** isn't Rielly going to the World Jrs when we obviously don't need or use him? Play the god damn kid, or let him go get some national experience.

GO LEAFS!

The really frustrating part is that we've now burned a year of his reasonable entry level deal with a cheap cap hit of only 900k/yr. I kind of wish we followed the Wings philosophy and saved those cheap years right about now.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Well, at least there's a game on tonight. Don't expect a win but would love to see one!

Also wtf to Rielly not playing even with Phaneuf out. This is getting sort of ridiculous.

BluPuk*

Not even going to watch this one. I'll flip back once in a while to see how bad it is. Even with a two or three goal lead in the third...... :shakehead:
Scrivens will be in goal, I'm sure and will be highly motivated.
No Dion..... :cry:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The really frustrating part is that we've now burned a year of his reasonable entry level deal with a cheap cap hit of only 900k/yr. I kind of wish we followed the Wings philosophy and saved those cheap years right about now.

Leafs have till the 40th game to decide if they want to send Rielly to the WJC.

Frankly I think it's BS that pylons like Franson and Fraser play ahead of him.

He may not have had his best game against SJ defensively but he was the only defenseman that was making plays happen.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just an FYI, Rielly was NEVER supposed to play all 82 games this year. Carlyle said in the pre-season that he would either go back to junior, play in the WJC, OR he would stay in the NHL, play around 60-65 games and they would discuss the possibility of the WJC.

They are having him play a CHL schedule but in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad