Pre-Game Talk: No Dion & The Return Of Ben|Leafs vs Kings|Wednesday @ 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
This Phaneuf thing might turn out to be a good one. Maybe this will wake up people. Everybody knows how Phaneuf is important. With him missing, might wake up some guys.

Phaneuf comes back, everybody keeps playing like when he was gone, we stay in the playoff hunt. :nod: I hope this prediction is right. :laugh:

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Terry Koshan ‏@koshtorontosun 32s
Lupul wearing red at practice, along with Holland and Kulemin #Leafs

lemme guess:

jvr - kadri - kessel
raymond - smith - clarkson
lupul - holland - kulemin
d'amigo - mcclement - mclaren

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 1m
#leafs lines at practice. JVR-Kadri-Kessel, Raymond-Smith-Clarkson, Lupul-Holland-Kulemin, McLaren-McClement-D'Amigo-Ashton.

Ooh so close ;)

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 1m
Carl Gunnarsson paired with Cody Franson today. Jake Gardiner with John-Michael Liles. Paul Ranger with Mark Fraser.

Last edited:

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
Rielly just can't crack the lineup over freakin Mark Fraser? I get it, his development and all that crap about 60 games, but right now he gives us a better chance to win than Mark Fraser. He is a big, slow pylon who can't handle the puck to save his life. We can use Rielly's skating and passing back there more than Fraser's turnovers.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Rielly just can't crack the lineup over freakin Mark Fraser? I get it, his development and all that crap about 60 games, but right now he gives us a better chance to win than Mark Fraser. He is a big, slow pylon who can't handle the puck to save his life. We can use Rielly's skating and passing back there more than Fraser's turnovers.

I can understand your frustration, but both have been horrible defensively. With Rielly being slightly worse.

Penalty Kill Icing*

You are on crack if you honestly believe that.

Rielly leads the NHL in goals scored against per 60 minutes when he is on ice. Worse than Luke Schenn, or any other horrible defenseman you can think of. Yet, I am the one on crack. :yo:

P.S.: As horrible as Fraser is, he is nowhere near the top of the list.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
No clue why Carlyle is even keeping Rielly around. Let him go to the World Juniors at least he might play a couple games there...

The real victims here are the goalie anyways. All 3 of these pairings are potential for disaster.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Franson on the first pairing LOL. Oh boy, our defense is so immobile outside of Gardiner-Liles. That third pairing will get eaten alive by the likes of the Kings and Blues.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Frattin will either score a goal or at least be on the scoresheet and Scribbles with a shutout. :laugh:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
The team lights up Benji since they know all his weaknesses, McLaren finally finds a good dance partner in Nolan and knocks him back to juniors, Clarkson goes on a tear against the team who stole his chance at a ring, Reimer shuts the door on their anemic offense and the team rallies around each other without their captain and brings a level we haven't yet seen.

I'm not even kidding, the Leafs can win this game. LA will be tired from chasing Montreal around all night going into the back-to-back.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Or how about Rielly - Fraser instead of Ranger - Fraser? Bad idea to play him on the other side?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Fraser in the line up, really...My god, why does Carlyle have such a hard on for people with no skill or hockey iq.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
At least Crawford is out with an injury could miss up to 2-3 weeks but with our luck there is every chance even Chicago's backup could shutout the Leafs.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Wish we re-signed Kostka instead of Fraser. Ranger-Kostka pairing is better than Ranger-Fraser. Hell even Ranger-Brennan. This guys going PPG in the AHL, that's got to warrant a shot no?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Agreed. Fraser shouldn't see the ice again, he's been the worst defenseman by miles.

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
I can understand your frustration, but both have been horrible defensively. With Rielly being slightly worse.

Rielly hasn't been the best defensively, but at least he also offers elite skating, passing, and puckhandling skills. Fraser is just completely useless if he is having a bad defensive game, which is seemingly every game recently.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
If our top line gets going and bernier plays well, we can win.

But with kings defensive system and our defense...

Its an open game. Should be exciting atleast.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Rielly hasn't been the best defensively, but at least he also offers elite skating, passing, and puckhandling skills. Fraser is just completely useless if he is having a bad defensive game, which is seemingly every game recently.

I hear you. That is why I hope leafs trade for a good defenseman soon. I really don't want Fraser anywhere near the playing 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad