Speculation: NJD Offseason Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Radulov and his antics is still >>>>>> anything we could ice this year on the RW if we don't pick up Okposo or someone his level.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Radulov and his antics is still >>>>>> anything we could ice this year on the RW if we don't pick up Okposo or someone his level.

I'm not so sure about that...I mean we just witnessed excellent performance from Palmieri with 30 goals and 57points...I'd honestly doubt you'd get that type of overall quality out of Radulov.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Really ?

After ripping Kovalchuk for effort you want this guy ? His whole career is wraped up into pretty much this video

It would be a free asset. If it didn't work out we lose nothing. I like that type of risk...risk that is really no risk at all.

Not even remotely the same situation. The other cost us a tremendous amount that we are still recovering from.

Last edited:

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Radulov is exactly the opposite of what Shero/Hynes are trying to build.

How a team could consider signing someone who was out at a bar the night before a PO is astounding. Atleast when people questioned Kovalchuk's effort he was mature and not so blatantly lazy and selfish.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Radulov is exactly the opposite of what Shero/Hynes are trying to build.

How a team could consider signing someone who was out at a bar the night before a PO is astounding. Atleast when people questioned Kovalchuk's effort he was mature and not so blatantly lazy and selfish.

The whole Radulov situation has been widely blown out of proportion. Is he the best person to have around a team? Not at all. However, that story was three years ago and has evolved so far since.

However, his skill is undeniable. The whole argument is moot though because he likely doesn't want to join the Devils and he doesn't fit right now if Shero is really taking the long-term approach.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
So Ducks GM, Bob Murray wants to shake up his team in the offseason.

I wonder if Shero calls him again this offseason about Jakob Silfverberg.

Thats not the type of shake up he's looking to do. Thats a piece he wants to keep around. He's looking at the Corey Perry, Ryan Kesler, Bieksa types to move.

I dont think guys like Silfverberg or Rakell are candidates. He'll want to move a higher priced vet to send the message. If he cant do that, then maybe one of the RFAs becomes necessary.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
So do make a play now for Joel Armia the big RW from Winny
6'3 rfa this yr
Problem is, he is a Finn too
Might not want to move him to keep Laine comfy up there

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
So do make a play now for Joel Armia the big RW from Winny
6'3 rfa this yr
Problem is, he is a Finn too
Might not want to move him to keep Laine comfy up there

He was pretty impressive to end the year for them, if I recall correctly.

Wheeler - Stafford - Laine/Puljujarvi - Armia will likely be their RW. I guess it's dependent on his waiver eligibility but I feel like he would end up being redundant here anyways.

Devils seem to have a good amount of young NHL tweener forwards, I don't think Armia is much better than Pietila and Coleman other than the fact that it's a RW.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space

Wheeler - Stafford - Laine/Puljujarvi - Armia will likely be their RW. I guess it's dependent on his waiver eligibility but I feel like he would end up being redundant here anyways.

Devils seem to have a good amount of young NHL tweener forwards, I don't think Armia is much better than Pietila and Coleman other than the fact that it's a RW.

uhhhhhhhh

armia is much better than coleman/pietila...

:facepalm:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Trade Larsson, sign Suter, Wideman and Garisson.

I miss Jackeddevilsfan.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He still lurks. Don't you dare say his name 3 times! :laugh:

Oh come on man! He was absolutely an entertaining presence here!

Some fun memories. He also offered to be a personal bodyguard for Devils fans in Philly for game 5 of the Devils/Flyers series too haha.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
uhhhhhhhh

armia is much better than coleman/pietila...

:facepalm:

Even if he is, is he that much better that it is worth it to 1. give up assets for him and 2. not allow another young kid to take a spot. Also, DSP likely slots in as our 3RW so where's the spot for him? He definitely shouldn't be in the top six. He's been largely unimpressive to date in the AHL/NHL to boot.

To me, the Devils need to look for more of the Palmieri type players with top-six potential. Adding guys like Armia just creates more of a logjam with our prospects fighting for the same spots.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Even if he is, is he that much better that it is worth it to 1. give up assets for him and 2. not allow another young kid to take a spot. Also, DSP likely slots in as our 3RW so where's the spot for him? He definitely shouldn't be in the top six. He's been largely unimpressive to date in the AHL/NHL to boot.

To me, the Devils need to look for more of the Palmieri type players with top-six potential. Adding guys like Armia just creates more of a logjam with our prospects fighting for the same spots.

I really doubt wpg trades armia anyway. why would they?
having a young finnish counrtyman on the team you're adding a high profile finn to is very beneficial

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I wonder if Edmonton would consider something like #11 + Santini for #4 overall?

They have a huge hole at RHD and we're already rather well situated with Larsson & Severson plus guys like Jacobs & Mozik in the pipeline.

It would be a tough pill to swallow but getting a forward like Dubois / Tkachuk would be huge for us.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009

I woulder take Armia over the other 2 in half a second only cause my reaction speed is bad.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I kinda want to pair Larsson and Severson and see what's it like. Both are RHD but Larsson can move to the left side, I think they would complement each other very well.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I kinda want to pair Larsson and Severson and see what's it like. Both are RHD but Larsson can move to the left side, I think they would complement each other very well.

Not realistic to think this will happen. Neither have played it here and we will likely have more than enough LHD so I can't see it being necessary.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Severson has been playing the left side in Albany hasn't he?

Thats in the minors. At the NHL level the game is much faster. There is going to be more mistakes made likely and it isn't even a realistic option. Can anyone actually see Hynes doing this? B/c I cannot.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Not realistic to think this will happen. Neither have played it here and we will likely have more than enough LHD so I can't see it being necessary.

yeah I know that it's not realistic, but the want of having a dynamic top pairing makes me want to try that out at least in preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad