Speculation: NJD Offseason Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Group Chat Legend*

Blandisi will be a 50-60pt player with a top 3 sniper.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Trade for Suter, Garrison and Wideman.

That's all I got.

I think trade Larsson or something too?

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Don't think Santini left BC to start in the AHL next year.

He's going to start on our bottom pair and work his way throughout the lineup.

Merrill will be traded in a package for a middle 6 prospect.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007

No, he probably left BC for the 100k he made by signing his ELC and playing in an NHL game.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia

He will be offer sheeted by Toronto :laugh::laugh:

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

I doubt very much that the Devils promised he would make the team next season. Like Eric said, he made almost $100,000 just by playing in that one game.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Our LHD depth is putrid. I'm more worried about long-term LHD than I am any other position, even up front.

There's Greene.. and mostly junk. What happens when Greene's play starts to slip? We are loaded on the right side with young NHL players and good prospects.. but our left side looks to be horrible.

I'd rather draft an LHD at 11 than a RW, I'll tell you that. Definitely go BPA but hopefully it's a leftie..

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

So what was his alternative, stay at BC another year? He had no recourse for getting a guaranteed slot in the NHL next year, it's not like he could have gone UFA this offseason.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009

He'll obviously compete for a spot but 70-80% he starts in Albany.

And the dilemma with Wood on the 4th line: I'd rather he spend a year in Albany to maximize his offensive potential. His size and speed will always be there. Why not make him the most complete player he can be rather then rush him to play limited ice time. No need to stunt his potential.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Our LHD depth is putrid. I'm more worried about long-term LHD than I am any other position, even up front.

There's Greene.. and mostly junk. What happens when Greene's play starts to slip? We are loaded on the right side with young NHL players and good prospects.. but our left side looks to be horrible.

I'd rather draft an LHD at 11 than a RW, I'll tell you that. Definitely go BPA but hopefully it's a leftie..

The addition of a Goligoski or Yandle on a long term deal could definitely help fix that problem.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
This is my "realistic" (no big moves) dream forward line-up for next year:

Cammalleri - Zajac- Palmieri
Boucher - Henrique - Stempniak/Okposo
Elias/Blandisi - Zacha - DSP
Kalinin - Josefson - Pietila

Hopefully we can sign one of Stempniak or Okposo.. if not, it changes things as we'll have to have a LW play out of position. I think we have a decent shot at getting one of those two.

I'd like to re-sign Elias as well, if anything but to make Zacha more comfortable and help the adjustment.

Let Blandisi, Q and Wood start in the AHL. They all are waiver exempt anyways. When Cammy/Elias gets injured, those 3 are the first call-ups. If Zacha at center isn't working, shift him over and have Elias/Q in the middle.

Greene - Severson
Merrill/Schlemko - Larsson
???? (Moore, etc.)

Defensively, it's much less clear. I'd like to separate Greene and Larsson. Awesome pairing but I think there's more to gain by having them both anchor a pairing right now. Let Greene work his magic with Severson and see what happens.

I'd prefer Schlemko and Larsson on the 2nd pairing. Merrill-Moore is just a bad idea all around.. and while I think Santini deserves a look, not sure he's ready and definitely don't want to throw him out next to Moore or Merrill.

If he really impresses and you want to give him some NHL time off the bat:

Greene - Santini
Schlemko - Larsson
Merrill/Moore - Severson

Goalie-wise, we have to choose between Kinkaid and Wedgewood for the backup spot. Open competition in camp.. winner take all.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean it was so over the top you would have thought Disney wrote it but that ain't gonna bother me if he comes here, if Yandle loves it there so much he'll re-sign anyway. The article didn't help his negotiating leverage with the Rangers though :laugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
This is my "realistic" (no big moves) dream forward line-up for next year:

Cammalleri - Zajac- Palmieri
Boucher - Henrique - Stempniak/Okposo
Elias/Blandisi - Zacha - DSP
Kalinin - Josefson - Pietila

Hopefully we can sign one of Stempniak or Okposo.. if not, it changes things as we'll have to have a LW play out of position. I think we have a decent shot at getting one of those two.

I'd like to re-sign Elias as well, if anything but to make Zacha more comfortable and help the adjustment.

Let Blandisi, Q and Wood start in the AHL. They all are waiver exempt anyways. When Cammy/Elias gets injured, those 3 are the first call-ups. If Zacha at center isn't working, shift him over and have Elias/Q in the middle.

Greene - Severson
Merrill/Schlemko - Larsson
???? (Moore, etc.)

Defensively, it's much less clear. I'd like to separate Greene and Larsson. Awesome pairing but I think there's more to gain by having them both anchor a pairing right now. Let Greene work his magic with Severson and see what happens.

I'd prefer Schlemko and Larsson on the 2nd pairing. Merrill-Moore is just a bad idea all around.. and while I think Santini deserves a look, not sure he's ready and definitely don't want to throw him out next to Moore or Merrill.

If he really impresses and you want to give him some NHL time off the bat:

Greene - Santini
Schlemko - Larsson
Merrill/Moore - Severson

Goalie-wise, we have to choose between Kinkaid and Wedgewood for the backup spot. Open competition in camp.. winner take all.

There are going to be a good numbers of forwards in Albany next season that will be vying for callups

Quenneville, Wood, Lappin, Coleman, possibly Pietila, possibly Blandisi...We'll see if Lorito gets a contract. Expecting growth years from Kujawsinki and I want to keep an on Ben Johnson next season.

There is going to be a level of organizational depth that we haven't seen in a very long time next year.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
Anyone else think we should sign Matt Martin? He'd be a great addition to the bottom 6, likely fourth line and at a good price. He's definitely an upgrade over guys like Tootoo, etc. Hits anything that moves, is relatively D responsible, can contribute some O. I think he'd be a good lower profile target to our depth.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Anyone else think we should sign Matt Martin? He'd be a great addition to the bottom 6, likely fourth line and at a good price. He's definitely an upgrade over guys like Tootoo, etc. Hits anything that moves, is relatively D responsible, can contribute some O. I think he'd be a good lower profile target to our depth.

Would love for this to happen, but he will probably stay with the Islanders

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey

Cam Fowler will be a free agent after 2017-18 so we'll just sign him then.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

No we have enough LWs. Kalinin and Pietela should be fine options for 4LW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->