Confirmed Trade: [NJD/MTL] Jake Allen (50% retained) for 2025 cond. 2nd/3rd round pick

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I'm surprised a tanking franchise has a better defense than the Devils

Looks like y'all won't make the playoffs the next 5 years if your defense is that bad. And your offense is laughable. i can name at least 5 devils forwards better than your best one.
Why are you throwing that shade when it took 5 tanking seasons for the Devils to be where they are at now?

Also I can only think of four forwards and Habs fans would argue the 4th one cause he only recently returned to form after sucking for a year.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Why are you throwing that shade when it took 5 tanking seasons for the Devils to be where they are at now?

Also I can only think of four forwards and Habs fans would argue the 4th one cause he only recently returned to form after sucking for a year.
5 tanking seasons is a small price to pay for what you guys have, im jealous.

Reactions: Wats

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
That's great, he should keep it up and become that coveted goalie the Devils want next yr. That 3rd becomes a 2nd.
I probably would have kept Allen. Once they traded they rarely return. Allen should make outstanding goalie coach someday. I heard three goalies say he helped them become NHL goalies. Binnington, Montembeault, Hutton.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I haven't really watched them this season to be honest, but that's good to hear!
Absolutely - Mtl players seem to have taken a step up individually, but seeing things like the PK go up makes it fun to see some team metrics go up.

Suzuki has always been aggressive on the PK, but now I think he does it smarter. It'll be interesting to me how they balance offensive and defensive missions in his time on the ice next year.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Don’t mind our resident looney with the hot takes. Habs got solid value for Allen and Devils needed to pay that given the need for a veteran netminder.

Look who you are responding to. Best to move on and not engage in outlandish discussion

Last edited:

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I’m sure some NJ fans are sensitive after thr openjng salvos of the early Habs fans mocking NJ for trading for Allen . Ultimately a third for Allen with retention serves the interests of both teams.
I didn't see those go by, and never thought this was a steal for Montreal.

Honestly, based on pre-season expectations, the return was below-expectations, but given Primeau showing he can play in this league and Allen not having a great year, expectations had to be adapted.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I didn't see those go by, and never thought this was a steal for Montreal.

Honestly, based on pre-season expectations, the return was below-expectations, but given Primeau showing he can play in this league and Allen not having a great year, expectations had to be adapted.
I’m glad Allen got a chance to show he’s not finished. There are too many bad faith posters that just show up in threads to act like children.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I was not happy with the idea of giving up a 2nd. When the conditions came out, I relaxed and felt much more reasonable about the deal.

If Allen continues playing like this into next season, I will have absolutely no issues sending back a 2nd. He's been a breath of fresh air in an otherwise putrid season.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I was not happy with the idea of giving up a 2nd. When the conditions came out, I relaxed and felt much more reasonable about the deal.

If Allen continues playing like this into next season, I will have absolutely no issues sending back a 2nd. He's been a breath of fresh air in an otherwise putrid season.

If Jake Allen plays half the games and takes us to the playoffs it is plenty worth a 2nd.

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
Sorry Hans fans, yall lost the goalie that could have made the playoffs for you once you had a somewhat decent team

I get it though, yall done have anyone good on your team right now. Enjoy the second that probably won’t amount to anything.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'm still cautious with Allen with how our backups ended up the past few years. He's been amazing but who knows what happens going into 24-25. If he plays 40+ and they're in the playoffs, I couldn't care less. Chances are like I said before that condition is met is whoever they end up trading for in the summer gets hurt or plays bad.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Sorry Hans fans, yall lost the goalie that could have made the playoffs for you once you had a somewhat decent team

I get it though, yall done have anyone good on your team right now. Enjoy the second that probably won’t amount to anything.
Allen isn't a bad goalie, no one said he was. He was passed by Monty here and Jake wasn't needed anymore at his salary here going forward. Enjoy Jake and we will enjoy the 2nd! A trade that helps both teams!

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Very Christlike.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Literally got outplayed by two other goalies. If Allen looks this good with a developed team that should tell you how much better Monty and Primeau would look without our lineup in front of them.

Reactions: BLONG7

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

He couldn't outplay Monty or Primeau. Still couldn't. lol

Habs just have good goalies, who's stats are marred by the quality of team in front of em.

Hopefully the Habs get a 2nd in this deal and Allen plays 40 games next season.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
He couldn't outplay Monty or Primeau. Still couldn't. lol

Habs just have good goalies, who's stats are marred by the quality of team in front of em.

Hopefully the Habs get a 2nd in this deal and Allen plays 40 games next season.
no-umm.gif

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Devils fans are stingy and we don't like giving anything even it was a good deal.

Lou Lamoriello may have left the Devils but he still lives on in every Devils fan.
So you think the Devils are going to swing for the fences for Markstrom?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00