Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] Jack Hughes signs extension with the Devils (8 years, $8M AAV)

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
He's on pace for >90 points as a 20 year old... And his defensive game is very good for his age. He's one of the best takeaway players in the league.

You come across as extremely uninformed here.
Its true that Jack is incredible at takeaways and overall just pressuring the puck

But I wouldn't claim his defense is 'good' - but that also may just be me nitpicking words. I do though think Jack is very proactive at aspects certain of the defensive game, especially with his skating

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
What’s not taken imto account in this is strength or how good these players line mates are.
It gives you a good rough idea on how players measure up against each other but there would be some movement on the list if some players had better or worse line mates.
Hughes has had Sharangovich and Kuokkanen as wingers… not really the high profile elite wingers that some others have had.

Its also a half season in 2022 vs full seasons going back four decades. So shouldn't be the only measure of a players development. But Hughes has largely been as advertised over last season and a half...and probably one of the most exciting players in all of hockey.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
i’m sure i’ll get roasted for saying this, but it’s true- hughes’ production is a disgrace. and don’t even get me started on nico.
What do you mean?
I guess because it took a couple years for him to break out?
You know not every player comes in and lights the league on fire out of their draft
last time was Matthews was it not?
most kids need time to develop.
disgrace is a pretty terrible hot take

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Going to have to explain this one to me

What do you mean?
I guess because it took a couple years for him to break out?
You know not every player comes in and lights the league on fire out of their draft
last time was Matthews was it not?
most kids need time to develop.
disgrace is a pretty terrible hot take

21 points his first season, 31 his second season. that is absolutely disgraceful. and what’s even worse is his tendency to turn the puck over, sometimes twice in the same game. enough said.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
21 points his first season, 31 his second season. that is absolutely disgraceful. and what’s even worse is his tendency to turn the puck over, sometimes twice in the same game. enough said.
He carries the puck more more than anyone...the turnovers-to-possession ratio are actually very good.

I don't see how point totals from previous seasons matter.

Reactions: Eegs

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Can argue Hughes shouldnt even have been in the NHL at 18 he was so small
can we stop trying to pretend the NHL is just some average league?
its not suppose to be normal for a 18 year old to enter the league and rip it apart
this is an extremely tough league with big strong men not teenagers. men
you should be happy to have Hughes and Hischier
things starting to look up now too
could be worse

Reactions: murrough

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
i’m sure i’ll get roasted for saying this, but it’s true- hughes’ production is a disgrace. and don’t even get me started on nico.
Couldn’t agree more, what kind of bum only has 39 pts in 34 games? The fact he can’t keep pace with McDavid and Draisatl and Kucherov is disgraceful!

Reactions: murrough

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Can argue Hughes shouldnt even have been in the NHL at 18 he was so small
can we stop trying to pretend the NHL is just some average league?
its not suppose to be normal for a 18 year old to enter the league and rip it apart
this is an extremely tough league with big strong men not teenagers. men
you should be happy to have Hughes and Hischier
things starting to look up now too
could be worse
This is not progress. This is a disgrace.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Your trying wayyyy too hard to troll here,
seems you are completely alone with this absolutely bonkers of a hot take
Just so we're clear what should he have put up to not be a disgrace?
"Disgrace" has become a meme on the Devils board after an infamous poster made a long series of comments refusing to give Jack credit for anything he's done and claiming he was a failed pick before he turned 20.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Are you just assuming that he's being sarcastic?
It's text

That shouldn't have been posted in this forum. As another poster above noted, the "disgrace" meme grew out of a poster in the NJ forum contending that Jack Hughes was not progressing in his first two years. It's definitely a Devils' poster inside joke and I apologize for NJ fans bringing our dirty laundry here. This place is tough enough to understand without folks being purposely cryptic. As a group, NJ fans are very happy with Hughes both from a playing standpoint and from a buy in standpoint. As a struggling team, getting a guy with his potential to commit long term at a reasonable price is a good sign.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
"Disgrace" has become a meme on the Devils board after an infamous poster made a long series of comments refusing to give Jack credit for anything he's done and claiming he was a failed pick before he turned 20.
Oh Im sorry then I had no idea Im a Leafs fan but I own Jack Hughes in my dynasty league along with Bratt, Hischier, Sharangovich, Ty Smith and the entire goalie system including Daws
so I kinda became a NJ fan in the process

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017

I'm not sure you know what disgraceful means, it doesn't really apply here.

The key is a 20 year old is improving. If he wasn't then maybe you could say it's concerning.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
That shouldn't have been posted in this forum. As another poster above noted, the "disgrace" meme grew out of a poster in the NJ forum contending that Jack Hughes was not progressing in his first two years. It's definitely a Devils' poster inside joke and I apologize for NJ fans bringing our dirty laundry here. This place is tough enough to understand without folks being purposely cryptic. As a group, NJ fans are very happy with Hughes both from a playing standpoint and from a buy in standpoint. As a struggling team, getting a guy with his potential to commit long term at a reasonable price is a good sign.
stay out of this thread with your wide turn explanations. we are discussing against men, here.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Oh Im sorry then I had no idea Im a Leafs fan but I own Jack Hughes in my dynasty league along with Bratt, Hischier, Sharangovich, Ty Smith and the entire goalie system including Daws
so I kinda became a NJ fan in the process
we have anti-rangers, anti-flyers and a non-relevant islanders policy. there are drafts for policies against the pinguins, the canes and even the panthers o_O

do we have to draft one against the leafs as well? :naughty:

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad