Nintendo Switch #5

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I never played Super Mario RPG on the SNES, but bought it on the Wii Virtual Console. And never played it there either.

Though it's looking like I may finally buy and play it for the Switch.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So my kid wants a Switch. Does it ever go on sale around Black Friday?
Indeed.

(Switch + Mario Cart + 3 month membership for $300)

They have that deal all over for now. Not sure how much of a better deal will come out closer to black friday though. You'll be able to get some games for cheaper around black friday too. Usually $10-20 cheaper.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Guess Nintendo's making a live action Zelda movie.

Screenshot_20231107-161900_Chrome.jpg

Barring a gargantuan budget, I have a hard time imagining that this would work well compared to an animated flick, but I'm certainly down to give it a shot.

And cue the Chris Pratt as Link memes.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm looking forward to playing The Outer Wilds finally, but the game that really peaked my interest was The Gecko Gods out of that indie direct.

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Excited to replay Super Mario RPG. Borrowed it from a friend when I was a kid and later downloaded it off of Virtual Console. It looks like it’s pretty faithful to the original although I’m hoping there’s some new things to do as well.

Reactions: Jovavic

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
For a LoZ movie, I think you focus on the Kingdom of Hyrule and its people. The main character should be a "simple" villager. Have Link and Zelda be those mythical figures.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Mario RPG is bringing back so many memories! Love this game.

But yeah, I definitely wish they had a harder difficulty.

Not overly familiar with Switch, but is it possible they add a Downloadable update that adds a harder difficulty mode? I feel like that should be an easy update.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
'Breezy' mode and 'Normal' mode. So there isn't a more difficult option, just an easier option, unfortunately.

Enjoying it a lot already, though.
Yeah it's a pretty fun game and I'm sure if you played it back in the day it's really fun.(Never had an SNES so I never played it)

But it is way too easy. Pretty much the only challenge can be is that the special enemies can catch you off guard if you mess up on the defense button press.

I guess one way to have a challenge is don't grind at all, but considering at first you are having a lot of fun and trying to figure out optimal button presses you're going to grind a little bit automatically. It pretty much snowballs from there.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Yeah it's a pretty fun game and I'm sure if you played it back in the day it's really fun.(Never had an SNES so I never played it)

But it is way too easy. Pretty much the only challenge can be is that the special enemies can catch you off guard if you mess up on the defense button press.

I guess one way to have a challenge is don't grind at all, but considering at first you are having a lot of fun and trying to figure out optimal button presses you're going to grind a little bit automatically. It pretty much snowballs from there.
Agreed that the normal mode is still very easy. The only part I've had trouble with so far is the Boshi race, which is pretty much the only thing I ever had trouble with playing this game years and years ago.

Also, the new soundtrack is nice, but I just can't help but leave the classic soundtrack on instead. So damn good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad