Nintendo Switch #5

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I played the PC version of Disco Elysium since i think it's just perfect to play as a point and click.

Sad to learn that the Switch port is not good. It's not like it should be a demanding game and it's something i see working pretty well in a portable format.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I played the PC version of Disco Elysium since i think it's just perfect to play as a point and click.

Sad to learn that the Switch port is not good. It's not like it should be a demanding game and it's something i see working pretty well in a portable format.
Feels like it is a technically demanding game for some reason, and I'm not really sure why. Maybe just developed in a very inefficient/badly optimized way due to them being a creative team working with a completely different medium, with no previous game development experience?

I wonder if they even bothered to flatten the background models into static pre-rendered images (which it seems like they could have done, considering that the camera angle never moves), or if everything is actually just being generated on the fly.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Word is that Nintendo is telling third party publishers that Switch 2 is delayed from late 2024 to March 2025 at the earliest. I question how something that never had a confirmed release date can be delayed, but whatever, I'm guessing it's a manufacturing issue.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Word is that Nintendo is telling third party publishers that Switch 2 is delayed from late 2024 to March 2025 at the earliest. I question how something that never had a confirmed release date can be delayed, but whatever, I'm guessing it's a manufacturing issue.
Partners can still receive an internal release date considering that games are certainly being developed for the successor at this moment.

They can also delay as much as needed considering that the Switch is still red hot and they don't want another Wii U situation.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not going to lie, the only thing that really stood out to me was the Star Wars Battlefield collection, as I was just thinking the other day about the original as a coincidence.

Not much else to write home about.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Out of Japan today:

I've long since stopped caring about localizing Mother 3 as much as I love the game. There's no tangible benefit to Nintendo to do so and even then the localization will inevitably draw comparisons to the fan translation. Anyone who's wanted to play the game has done so already.

Plus the game is a legal minefield.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Thought the direct was meh but I think that Xbox and Nintendo having a good working relationship is a good thing. I liked the NSO update and can only imagine it means any Rareware games are now fair game to be added.

Mother 3 is one of those games where there are parts and you’re like how is this game rated E for everyone. I don’t think it’ll ever get localized without heavy censorship but as others have said it’s easily accessible online to play and if anyone wants to play it physically there are reproduction carts of it available on Etsy or EBay.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Ah yes, a rumor for a soon-to-be-announced Switch 2 and/or Switch Pro #93882

They'll eventually be right, I suppose, but 2025 is going to be something like the fifth consecutive year where a new Switch is supposedly going to get released per nebulous insiders.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
All I want is to play Super Mario Wonder on my LG OLED. The game looks stunning running at 4K on Yuzu but constant stuttering is annoying and the Switch's 1080p output does not look good on a 4K TV. Switch 2 can't come fast enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad