Nintendo Switch #5

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Nintendo is going to charge $90 for yet another Mario game that I've already played a hundred times and could easily play again at any point since I still have both the game and console?

I will be there no matter what.

Reactions: Intoewsables

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'll give F Zero 99 a few plays and I'll still definitely get the Mario RPG eventually given how much I loved the original. I might give Thousand Year Door a try as well.

The rest was a whole lot of nothing to me, though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was pretty disappointed to be honest.

They really brushed right over Super Mario RPG too, like someone else said, I hope this game isn't going to be massively easy which it seems like it might. I was so young when it first game came out so I don't remember how easy it was.

Paper Mario is the only other game I was excited for.

It was basically built as a JRPG for beginners. It's a pretty easy game.

It's beloved for just the vibe it gives, it's cast, a fun little story, an awesome soundtrack.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'll give F Zero 99 a few plays
Feels like one of those games I will play for 30 to 45 minutes, say "that's cool", and then leave it in my library to never touch again.

Would imagine all the big new stuff is being held back for the Switch 2
Yeah that makes sense. I guess we are at that time. If the Switch 2 comes in 2024, there will be many IPs due for a new game around then. Could be a. decent launch selection.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Probably no one cares but me but i am excited for the new SaGa game. I can't believe that such a niche series is still getting new releases plus all the remasters of the old games.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It was basically built as a JRPG for beginners. It's a pretty easy game.

It's beloved for just the vibe it gives, it's cast, a fun little story, an awesome soundtrack.
Ugh, I figured that. Maybe I won't end up getting it afterall. I like easy games better than impossible ones, but i don't want a game that literally takes almost zero skill/smarts either.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ugh, I figured that. Maybe I won't end up getting it afterall. I like easy games better than impossible ones, but i don't want a game that literally takes almost zero skill/smarts either.

It does have some challenge for brand new players, just don't grind. It's not hard to be overleveled and then the challenge is gone.

But go in blind and just play it normal you should find enough challenge to keep you going on top of all the other great stuff.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Probably no one cares but me but i am excited for the new SaGa game. I can't believe that such a niche series is still getting new releases plus all the remasters of the old games.

Between that, the New vanillaware game, and the star ocean remake there is a lot to pull. Plus I still haven't bought the Live a Live remake

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Between that, the New vanillaware game, and the star ocean remake there is a lot to pull. Plus I still haven't bought the Live a Live remake
I have been buying a ton of Switch games this year. It's a gold mine right now for people that enjoy niche and indie games.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I guess I'll be buying one more game for the Switch after all.

Not beating Thousand Year Door was a big regret of mine looking back(as a gamer, heh). I'll definitely be picking it up because who knows when it will be available again with Nintendo...

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Yeah, the GF and I are pumped for TTYD. Neither of us finished the original on the GameCube. I wonder when in 2024 it'll release.
I'm guessing Late Spring/Early Summer or beyond that. They were able to tell us of a title that was releasing in March, so I'm guessing it won't be that soon. Although whenever they have the next direct they could just prove me wrong and give us an earlier date as well.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The two Mario RPG remakes looked cool, now I want a full 3D Mario & Luigi game for the Switch 2. Mario & Donkey Kong looks alright. Everything else I just skipped over. Hopefully we get official news about the new console soon.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm not saying I agree with these people, but some think that TTYD is one of the top 3 Nintendo games of all time. I'm talking about all the games from Super Nintendo all the way to the Switch top 3-level good.
I'm more of a Bowser's Inside Story guy but it's definitely the best Paper Mario game.

Thing is that, unlike its predecessor, it doesn't actually need a facelift but it got one anyway.

It's just weird that we're getting not one, but two Mario RPG remakes within presumably a half year of each other.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I'm not saying I agree with these people, but some think that TTYD is one of the top 3 Nintendo games of all time. I'm talking about all the games from Super Nintendo all the way to the Switch top 3-level good.

I would be one of those people. It and BOTW stand above the rest that I've played.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Won my first online race in Mario Kart 8 today. Incredible that it took me 11 months to be subscribed to NSO before trying out MK8 online. Now I am hooked, it's a lot of fun.
For me it’s a great game to play online while listening to a podcast

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I''m curious to see how the difficulty scales in Wonder. How challenging will things get as you near the end of the game?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I''m curious to see how the difficulty scales in Wonder. How challenging will things get as you near the end of the game?

So the levels all have star ratings to tell you how challenging they are. First world is mostly one stars and like one two star, all pretty easy.

One 4 star level which I died on a few times so there is some challenge here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad