Speculation: Nino seeking trade?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think Luongo would be perfect for the Isles, would provide a ton of stability in goal behind a young emerging team for the next 3-4 seasons at least. His salary dips in the later years and the cap hit will stay the same (I feel Wang might like this a lot), and his cap hit is extremely good for what he brings to the table.

I'd be very interested in Lu for Nino +

Isles have stabilty in goal with Nabby.

1.Don't see Luo waiving his NTC for the NYI.
2. I don't see the isles looking for another long term contract, after the disasterous Yashin/DiPietro deals.
3.Don't see Snow trading top youngsters for a 33/34 yr old, while in his youth movement.
4.I haven't come across anyone with any credibilty, saying the isles are giving up on Nilson/Poulin/Koskinen.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

2. I don't see the isles looking for another long term contract, after the disasterous Yashin/DiPietro deals.
3.Don't see Snow trading top youngsters for a 33/34 yr old, while in his youth movement.
4.I haven't come across anyone with any credibilty, saying the isles are giving up on Nilson/Poulin/Koskinen.

You're probably right, Nabokov is essentially a bridge until the younger goalies and a guy like Schnieder would be an even better fit than Luongo just given his age and NTC, but we'd need to get a very solid return to trade Schnieder.

I have to say I admire your team and how well you guys have drafted over the past 4-5 years, starting to pay dividends and hope to see you guys in playoff contention.

Nolanitis

Feb 19, 2007
NYC

I think Schneider might be the guy they target. But if they don't I expect Garth to take a goalie or two in the draft this year.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I keep rereading this and I stillhave no idea what youre trying to convey.

Nino worked with a life coach a few yrs ago. It sounds more common in Europe then NA, although it sounds similar to Ryan O'Rielly's experience with his dad Brian.

http://islanderspointblank.com/news...lopment-assisted-by-swiss-based-mental-coach/
Sutter is the 19-year-old’s “mental coach†(Niederreiter’s term of choice). Based in the player’s native Switzerland, Sutter helps Niederreiter in sessions over the phone, via email and in person with his focus, relaxation, confidence and competitive spirit. She is not a doctor, but a professional more commonly referred to in America as a life coach. The fine-tuning of mental skills famously worked for Oprah Winfrey; certainly it could increase the production of a talented teenage hockey player.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
The Isles have made two big long term commitments to players in the past and they've both bakcfired badly. Don't make the mistake again with Loungo. Keep Nabby around until Nilsson or Poulin are ready

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
The Isles have made two big long term commitments to players in the past and they've both bakcfired badly. Don't make the mistake again with Loungo. Keep Nabby around until Nilsson or Poulin are ready

This. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Nabby wants to re-sign again as long as we continue winning.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
She is not a doctor, but a professional more commonly referred to in America as a life coach. The fine-tuning of mental skills famously worked for Oprah Winfrey; certainly it could increase the production of a talented teenage hockey player.

what the **** is a "life coach"? in my 49 years i have NEVER heard of such a thing.
thats just great....so nino can turn into some money grubbing sellout *****?

working with oprah winfrey is about the last ****ing thing id put on my resume.....

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
I don't know what's wrong with working with someone who helps you to become better in tough mental situations?

And the text didn't say that Sutter worked with Oprah, but that Oprah too hat a mental coach which helped her.

Roger Federer also used to work with mental coaches. In his earlier days he was often hot-blooded and lost his temper when things didn't go his way on the court. He is the complete opposite now and you can see where it led him.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
if the young man needs a life coach, he should get one. good for recognizing weakness and better for addressing it. it'd bother me more if he let the stigma of "weakness" stop him from seeking help.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
what the **** is a "life coach"? in my 49 years i have NEVER heard of such a thing.

working with oprah winfrey is about the last ****ing thing id put on my resume.....

You ever leave your home country at such a young age and have to adapt to being on the road and trying to get adjusted playing a sport for the rest of your young adulthood?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I don't know what's wrong with working with someone who helps you to become better in tough mental situations?

And the text didn't say that Sutter worked with Oprah, but that Oprah too hat a mental coach which helped her.

Roger Federer also used to work with mental coaches. In his earlier days he was often hot-blooded and lost his temper when things didn't go his way on the court. He is the complete opposite now and you can see where it led him.

I don't see anything wrong with having a life coach.

Colorado's Ryan O'Reilly's dad, works with teams in a similar position. I'm not sure if they call it a life coach. ROR credits his dad for much of his development.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY

Instead of asking what it is, stop being ignorant and look it up. It's not an uncommon thing.

A life coach may very well help Niederreiter. They are very prominent in the sports world.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Nino also has an accountant who does his taxes. What the hell is wrong with him?

Folks, this topic is so not worth any more posts I hope a mod comes in and wipes all of this stuff off (including this post) and tells everyone to knock it off with the invasive garbage.

He is a human being, give him some space.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna

i also had a mental coach. {MOD EDIT}

Last edited by a moderator:

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
I think Schneider might be the guy they target. But if they don't I expect Garth to take a goalie or two in the draft this year.

Schneider should be a goalie that we target. The problem is regardless of which goalie they eventually trade they'll want some talent that will help them win this year. I could see Nino, Poulin or Nillson as future pieces and Frans and Viznovsky as players to help them this year, but that package wouldn't be nearly enough since its quantity instead of quality.

Schneider and Luongo are goalies that steal games for you. I could see Nino in a package for either.

Sorge Georos

Apr 28, 2009
LI
Schneider should be a goalie that we target. The problem is regardless of which goalie they eventually trade they'll want some talent that will help them win this year. I could see Nino, Poulin or Nillson as future pieces and Frans and Viznovsky as players to help them this year, but that package wouldn't be nearly enough since its quantity instead of quality.

Schneider and Luongo are goalies that steal games for you. I could see Nino in a package for either.

Why would Vancouver want to trade Schneider? He's the guy who made Lu expendable in the first place.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Nino also has an accountant who does his taxes. What the hell is wrong with him?

Folks, this topic is so not worth any more posts I hope a mod comes in and wipes all of this stuff off (including this post) and tells everyone to knock it off with the invasive garbage.

+1. Let this die.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY

You mean to tell me you have never heard of Tony Robbins?? He is an inspirational life coach and president Clinton and Bush used him. Companies hire life coaches all the time to inspire employees. I don't see anything wrong with have a mentor give you wisdom and guidance.

Mental health gets such a bad wrap in this country and that is why we have tragedies occur throughout. Some times just being able to talk to someone can make a strong difference especially if your a 19 yr old kid who leaves his homeland.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
You mean to tell me you have never heard of Tony Robbins?? He is an inspirational life coach and president Clinton and Bush used him. Companies hire life coaches all the time to inspire employees. I don't see anything wrong with have a mentor give you wisdom and guidance.

Mental health gets such a bad wrap in this country and that is why we have tragedies occur throughout. Some times just being able to talk to someone can make a strong difference especially if your a 19 yr old kid who leaves his homeland.

Nino during the skating competition:

"Shallow Hal is a pal....shallow Hal is a pal...."

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Buahaha!! *thinks of about a billion thread comments on DP that make this statement the most hypocritical thing I've EVER seen on any board!*

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
Buahaha!! *thinks of about a billion thread comments on DP that make this statement the most hypocritical thing I've EVER seen on any board!*

Why? Nino earned his place in the draft. :laugh:

To be fair, Rick never demanded a trade through his agent or whatever Nino did. I WISH HE DID. But alas, we're still stuck with him and his walker.:cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad