Speculation: Nino seeking trade?

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Even if true, I don't see the Isles trading him. He has no leverage. Isles will hold on to him, give him an opportunity to make the team next year (possibly on JTs line) and all will be forgotten by the time his contract is up.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Oy vey.

Really?

I don't even have the energy to compute this.

I think Garth has at least shown that he will not bend to a player's whim with the whole Lubo situation. Garth needs Streit to get Nino on the phone and talk some sense into him.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Unhappy with his current situation? He's 20 years old, and he scored 1 stinking goal in the NHL last season. He is right where he belongs in the AHL. In all likelihood he'll be recalled at some point this season. How on earth can he possibly be that unhappy about his situation?

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Granted, he hasn't exactly proven too much on his own, but can you really blame Nino? The Islanders arguably destroyed his development by stashing him in the pressbox/fourth line half the time just to stay above the salary cap. At some point the Islanders need to realize that there are very, very few Crosby/Stamkos/Malkin/Tavares type of players to come along whom you can just stick on NHL ice and see instant results automatically. We saw it with Josh Bailey first (although he has managed to become a decent player) and now Nino. And of course, when I say the "Islanders" need to realize this, I mean Charles Wang. No number of draft picks and no move to a new arena is going to solve stupidity.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm calling Katie out on this one, not buying it, sorry.

Neiderrieter has zero leverage here, and has minimal trade value. Why would he be at this point, 2 games into a season?

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
I'm in shock right now. He's a 20 year kid with a bright future in the NHL. Spend some time in the minors and work on your game. What is there to be unhappy about?

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
If this is true... it just rubs a ton of salt in the wound caused by not picking Fowler.

If this is true... he is a POS for going around the club to the media, harpooning his value.

If this is true... we won't get much value back because of his crap performance last year.

If this is true... the Isles share some responsibility in using him to get to the cap, possibly pushing the first domino down to get us here.

If this is true... It will just be another reason for the media to call us a laughingstock.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I'm actually getting angry over this BS. Listen kid you shouldn't have been in the NHL last year that is on the team and you had a serious god awful season like really really really bad season. Now your having a great season down in the AHL.. How about instead of pouting about not being in the NHL you just continue working your ass off knowing with injuries and your performance your going to get called up soon! Stop with the self entitlement and work hard and you'll get rewarded.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Erhoff last year when the Islanders traded a pick to Vancouver for his rights. Visnovski
after the trade was made at the draft. Now this, a it's no accident that players try to avoid
the Islanders. One word only-Wang.

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
If this is true... it just rubs a ton of salt in the wound caused by not picking Fowler.

If this is true... he is a POS for going around the club to the media, harpooning his value.

If this is true... we won't get much value back because of his crap performance last year.

If this is true... the Isles share some responsibility in using him to get to the cap, possibly pushing the first domino down to get us here.

If this is true... It will just be another reason for the media to call us a laughingstock.

Right on all counts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad