Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Ehlers is not a big concern. He is playing with intensity and battling well in the corners, and he has had success creating space with his speed.

Goals are tough to come by in the playoffs. Especially with out top PP minutes.

Ares

May 8, 2018
Don't know why Ehlers seems to be the centre of (negative) attention right now. Every media scrum Maurice gets asked about Nik. Yeah, he hasn't scored and has been down the lineup BUT it's not like he isn't contributing, and in my humble opinion he has been one of the better players on this team every game.

If he scores in game 7, will the narrative change? Will one goal make that big of a difference? Before KC scored two people were talking about him being a ghost and now nobody even mentions him, even though he didn't do anything in game 6.

We'll see happens. I have a good feeling about Ehlers and his game. Bet he breaks out the slump and shows up big time tomorrow.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Tough call on Ehlers, he doesn’t seem to keep possession going into the attack zone, either he is shooting it in with no support or turning it over with poor decisions, can’t say if it’s on him or whether he is being told to dump it in which negates all of his skills.

Just hope it’s not Jets coaching neutering all of his skills and talent these playoffs!

Reactions: Ippenator

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I thought Ehler's played a great game today, was skating hard and fast, and set up a beautiful goal. He was also selected one of the 3 stars--way to go Nikky :)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Why on earth can't Stastny put away golden chances from Ehlers.. Ehlers has imo been the most unlucky player.. He makes so many passes that should lead to goals but dont, its insane.. had 1 or 2 again yesterday.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
I thought Ehler's played a great game today, was skating hard and fast, and set up a beautiful goal. He was also selected one of the 3 stars--way to go Nikky :)

Weird, last thing in the broadcast the three stars were Stas, Wheeler and Helle.
At NHL.com its Stas, Scheif and Ehlers

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Why on earth can't Stastny put away golden chances from Ehlers.. Ehlers has imo been the most unlucky player.. He makes so many passes that should lead to goals but dont, its insane.. had 1 or 2 again yesterday.

He has been feeding a lot of grade A chances this playoff that hasnt been scored on, thats for sure. On the other hand he received helpers on the Myers goal on Rinne last night - and Morrows slapshot against Minny.
THe only thing that worries me a bit is that he seems to shoot less than usually. Low confidence due to the long drought?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Weird, last thing in the broadcast the three stars were Stas, Wheeler and Helle.
At NHL.com its Stas, Scheif and Ehlers

Well, I was listening to the post game show on 1290-- and they mentioned that Ehlers was one of the 3 stars--quite sure I'm right on that ??- could be mistaken though ??

In any event I thought Ehlers played great, and was really flying out there--good to see.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus

Well, I was listening to the post game show on 1290-- and they mentioned that Ehlers was one of the 3 stars--quite sure I'm right on that ??- could be mistaken though ??

In any event I thought Ehlers played great, and was really flying out there--good to see.
Read my post again :)

In the tv broadcast they had a different three stars “line up” than they do on nhl.com
Ehlers got the third star on nhl.com

Reactions: GNP

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Ehlers has not scored the past 15 games now!

Only scored twice since March 13 on 45 shots/26 games played, averaging 1,73 sog per game.
His last 13 games leading up to March 13; he had 46 shots/6 goals, averaging 3,53 sog per game

He gotta find a way to avoid these slumps or atleast not be affected that much of being in a slump.

That said, I dont think he has been bad in playoffs but certainly not very good either. Getting him back on track would be a nightmare for LVGK and the eventual opponent in the SCF

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Ehlers has not scored the past 15 games now!

Only scored twice since March 13 on 45 shots/26 games played, averaging 1,73 sog per game.
His last 13 games leading up to March 13; he had 46 shots/6 goals, averaging 3,53 sog per game

He gotta find a way to avoid these slumps or atleast not be affected that much of being in a slump.

That said, I dont think he has been bad in playoffs but certainly not very good either. Getting him back on track would be a nightmare for LVGK and the eventual opponent in the SCF
If we worried about things like that everyone would give Matty a hard time.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Man, I have been so busy lately, I miss this place, haven't been as active here the last couple days.

Vegas are an annoying team to play, they don't give up alot.

So, any news on Ehlers? Is he sick, or playing with an injury, would explain a lot.

Or was he simply a healthy scratch, I know PoMo says no, but two missed games in the PO for what looks to be another day to day.

Either he is injured(Worse than thought) and we are not being told, or he is being scapegoated.

Reactions: DashingDane

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
"Nik Ehlers hasn't scored a goal," Maurice said. "But that line's been pretty darn good and we just won our first two rounds, so I don't care if Nikky scores. I want him to play the best game that he can. Whether he puts the puck in or not, doesn't matter. The line's got to outplay the other line. That's it."

Reactions: QuietContrarian

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
"Nik Ehlers hasn't scored a goal," Maurice said. "But that line's been pretty darn good and we just won our first two rounds, so I don't care if Nikky scores. I want him to play the best game that he can. Whether he puts the puck in or not, doesn't matter. The line's got to outplay the other line. That's it."
its not him not scoring the team can live with that its him setting up every vegas player with grade A chances that is the problem. he needed to be healthy scratched a long time ago hopefully he wakes up and plays somewhat decent next game. a good game for him lately would be a whopping 2 shots on net and not like 5 or 6 when he broke in and no more than 3 or 4 giveaways and 50% effort during board battles.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
its not him not scoring the team can live with that its him setting up every vegas player with grade A chances that is the problem. he needed to be healthy scratched a long time ago hopefully he wakes up and plays somewhat decent next game. a good game for him lately would be a whopping 2 shots on net and not like 5 or 6 when he broke in and no more than 3 or 4 giveaways and 50% effort during board battles.

This is just straight up untrue. :speechles Sure he hasn’t been shooting as much as he should but he has only cost the team one goal these playoffs and has been way more responsible that he was during the regular season. I don’t hear you complaining about all the goals Chef, Wheels and Connor have been giving up. It’s certainly more than the 2nd line has...

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
How did Scheif do in his first playoffs?
Why is the counter argument always "yeah, but Scheifele sucked more"? As has been said ad nauseum, Chef took his lumps here big time. Ehlers needs to step up and score some goals, just like Scheifele needed too. We can use the "he's only 20" excuse as much as we want, he's on an NHL roster playing second line minutes in the Conference finals of the playoffs.......time to step up.

Reactions: sipowicz and GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad