Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think KC is getting a free pass, and Ehlers is being viewed unfairly by a good number of posters.
KC is not getting a free pass. Everyone worried about him too until he got a goal. People talked about how he was too small and how he was getting dominated in the first 2 series. If Ehlers gets a single goal, just one, people will stop worrying about him. Yes, there are other players that aren't scoring goals, but none of them are getting second line minutes. We really need secondary scoring from that whole line Stas, Ehlers, Laine if we are going to get through this series. I really don't see anything unfair about that.
Also its not just him, haven't you noticed how much flak Lanie has got around here lately?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
KC is not getting a free pass. Everyone worried about him too until he got a goal. People talked about how he was too small and how he was getting dominated in the first 2 series. If Ehlers gets a single goal, just one, people will stop worrying about him. Yes, there are other players that aren't scoring goals, but none of them are getting second line minutes. We really need secondary scoring from that whole line Stas, Ehlers, Laine if we are going to get through this series. I really don't see anything unfair about that.
Also its not just him, haven't you noticed how much flak Lanie has got around here lately?
I don't disagree that we need secondary scoring.

I am saying I do not agree Ehlers has sucked, outside goals I have liked his game, and he shoould have way more assists.

KC getting a free pass, is about people forgetting how he looked before his 2 goal game, not exactly good, they forget who he is playing with.

He still isnt looking good, but bc of recency bias, he gets a pass.

And Ehlers is blamed, even tho he didn't play.

I have said what I need to on this matter, I am going to focus my attention on tonights game:)

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I don't disagree that we need secondary scoring.

I am saying I do not agree Ehlers has sucked, outside goals I have liked his game, and he shoould have way more assists.

KC getting a free pass, is about people forgetting how he looked before his 2 goal game, not exactly good, they forget who he is playing with.

He still isnt looking good, but bc of recency bias, he gets a pass.

And Ehlers is blamed, even tho he didn't play.

I have said what I need to on this matter, I am going to focus my attention on tonights game:)
I disagree and think this thread is about Ehlers not KC and KC doesn't matter. What matters is Ehlers play. After all even if KC was scoring there would be too much reliance on 1line. Chef's line is producing so every single one of them is exempt. I don't care who sucks and doesn't suck that line needs to contribute offensively.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I disagree and think this thread is about Ehlers not KC and KC doesn't matter. What matters is Ehlers play. After all even if KC was scoring there would be too much reliance on 1line. Chef's line is producing so every single one of them is exempt. I don't care who sucks and doesn't suck that line needs to contribute offensively.
I agree this is about Ehlers, I wasn't the one who brought KC into the discussion.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Ehlers is too good of a player to not finish and score goals.

He can not just be a guy that moves the puck from end to end and loses it.
He should be better, but he has also been more than just the guy who moves the puck from end to end and looses it.

That's the point some of us are trying to make.

Reactions: DashingDane

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I thought Nik played good tonight, as well as Roslovic and Myers. Laine played pretty good as well. Nik isn't scoring but he's driving the play and opening up some ice. I believe the young guys will need a little time to acclimate to playoff pressure, and crowds--but they will.

No matter what -- the young guys are getting great playoff experience, and they will be back, and a lot more composed for this playoff type atmosphere. They are all also getting a lot stronger physically, so we only have a "great future" with this club.

We may lose this series--but I'm proud to be a Jet's fan, and Ehler's fan as well. He's provided a lot of thrills this year for the fans.

I will say this--"it's not over yet" - if the Jet's win the next game at home--and bring the series to 3-2--"we're in business." At that point we only have to win 1 game in Vegas, and the Series goes to Game 7 in Winnipeg. It would not surprise me, however the odds are in the Knight's favor right now.

So far the Jet's have played "great" and would have won 8 out 10 games with this effort, and really it's the Goaltending of Fluery that's made the difference. He's saving at around a 94 % save percentage, and when you have a Goalie that hot--it's very tough to beat. It's not the Jets team--they are playing good.

Helle--is playing real good as well--it's just that Fleury has been "fantastic"

I'm really hoping the Jet's come back and take the next 3 straight-- and if they don't they've come a long way-had a great season. Proud to be a Jet's fan.:thumbu:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Zero goals. I 100% expected him to get one before this was over.
Ya , i thought eventually Ehlers would get it going but he never did . I think Ehlers needs to gain a bit more strength over the summer .

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad