Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Again I never said concussion......I said experiencing symptoms resembling concussion symptoms. It doesn't mean he had a concussion, only that they may have been unsure. The Jets would never play someone diagnosed with a concussion. This just sounds like being cautious to me just in case.
...or maybe he had the flu or diarrhea. Diarrhea is probably a mid-body injury though.

Reactions: AmericanDream

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
When someone that plays professional contact sports says they are "feeling off", they have concussion symptoms.

No doubt that Ehlers has those symptoms, as those plays happened I was holding my breath that he would get up.
That isn't the only way to feel off. Players miss games with the flu all the time. Food poisoning. The runs. It doesn't have to be a concussion.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The non contact jersey and the reference to malaise leads me to believe concussion. Just a guess honestly.
He wouldn't be on the ice yet if he had a concussion. You can't rush through a concussion protocol in a 1.5 days. I think the 2 things you can safely rule out is healthy scratch and concussion. Everything else is possible to varying degrees.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets so deep they win a series with 2 of their 30 goal scorers not scoring and its no problem. (Ok..Ehlers finished with 29)

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think Nikky has a "leg injury" and heard rumors it's an ankle injury ? I would make sense Maurice not wanting to divulge the nature of the injury, as our next opponent may want to slow Nikky boy down, and slash at that swollen ankle--"makes sense"

I read a report he was in a non contact jersey today, but feeling good, and just flying out there --so whatever it is--I don't think it's serious.

You can bet at $ 6 mil per year, he's not a healthy scratch !!!

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I think Nikky has a "leg injury" and heard rumors it's an ankle injury ? I would make sense Maurice not wanting to divulge the nature of the injury, as our next opponent may want to slow Nikky boy down, and slash at that swollen ankle--"makes sense"

You can bet at $ 6 mil per year, he's not a healthy scratch !!!

Not yet. $894,167 this season. Contract kicks in next season.

Reactions: GNP

suihkukone

Mar 12, 2017
Denmark
I was just leafing through the local World Hockey Championship magazine and run into this image that I thought to share. I didn't know Ehlers pops was a hockey hero around here.
HeinzEhlers2.jpg

Put a beard on this guy and it's exactly you-know-who.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
I was just leafing through the local World Hockey Championship magazine and run into this image that I thought to share. I didn't know Ehlers pops was a hockey hero around here.
View attachment 119159
Put a beard on this guy and it's exactly you-know-who.

First ever Dane to get drafted by a NHL team. Was drafted 188th overall by the Rangers in 1984 but never played a game.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We gotta get Nikky boy rolling here-- I know he'll come thru for us. He doesn't seem to be himself these last couple of games.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
We gotta get Nikky boy rolling here-- I know he'll come thru for us. He doesn't seem to be himself these last couple of games.
Confidence must be at an all time low.. didn't get to 30, and has been snakebitten ever since.. the longer it takes, the harder it will get...

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Confidence must be at an all time low.. didn't get to 30, and has been snakebitten ever since.. the longer it takes, the harder it will get...

According to above poster -Nik last scored on April 3rd--I don't know if that's right as it seems longer. I still think he hasn't looked himself out there lately, and starts to pot a couple goals--it will really bring up his confidence--just like Connor did last night in Game 5-vs the Preds--"he was on fire."

[mod] C'mon Nikky let's get "mobile"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: QuietContrarian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad