Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I think he might have the fastest change in direction in the league. The guy is a full on ankle breaker with how he can go one way and then the other in the blink of an eye. His ability with his edges is incredible.

I'd put him neck and neck with McD in terms of overall acceleration and mobility, and Nik has the better shot IMO. I mentioned this in the PGT, but that goal against Vancouver last Monday was astonishing -- off-balance and moving away from the shot, and still snipes it.

Reactions: GNP and DashingDane

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'd like to see Connor and Ehlers and Scheif together.

I've always thought it would be very exciting seeing Connor and Ehlers playing on the same line. I think Connor has the speed to keep up with Ehlers and this would be a very dangerous pairing, with Little not far behind, to set up some plays. Not many players can match the speed of these 2, and both are "snipers". Connor is still gaining his confidence, but it's coming along just fine.

Ehlers is the only Jersey I own, and he is my favourite player by a landslide. I don't feel the need to always praise him against detractors because his on ice play does all the talking. The kid is a beast at 21 and is only going to get better. Happy he is a Jet.

Very "right on" Dane--and as my wise old biology teacher said, a man doesn't reach his physical peak until 28 years old, and then "slowly" declines. So very true--so we have a lot of years of Ehlers ahead of us.

I just hope the Jet's don't trade Ehlers as they did with Selanne, as Nik is the future key to the Jets in my mind.

Not to mention- if Ehlers was ever traded, we have the risk of losing the Dashing Dane as a Jet's fan and esteemed poster on this thread--"it would be devastating."

Last edited:
Reactions: DashingDane

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Your right and if he was behind Mc David it would be like only 1/10 of a second--it be very close !!! Both these guys are lightning fast, and the good part is Ehlers only costs half of what Mc David does, but may outscore him this year.

I just think paying "one man"-- say $ 13 mil is just not worth it, as it throws the Cap out of line, and your limited to the other quality players you can sign.

Reactions: bisonbutt

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles

I've always thought it would be very exciting seeing Connor and Ehlers playing on the same line. I think Connor has the speed to keep up with Ehlers and this would be a very dangerous pairing, with Little not far behind, to set up some plays. Not many players can match the speed of these 2, and both are "snipers". Connor is still gaining his confidence, but it's coming along just fine.

Very "right on" Dane--and as my wise old biology teacher said, a man doesn't reach his physical peak until 28 years old, and then "slowly" declines. So very true--so we have a lot of years of Ehlers ahead of us.

I just hope the Jet's don't trade Ehlers as they did with Selanne, as Nik is the future key to the Jets in my mind.

Not to mention- if Ehlers was ever traded, we have the risk of losing the Dashing Dane as a Jet's fan and esteemed poster on this thread--"it would be devastating."

:laugh: Don't worry... I already drank the Kool-Aid and there is no going back. If the Jets ever trade Ehlers you might see a grown man cry but you won't loose a fan :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
:laugh: Don't worry... I already drank the Kool-Aid and there is no going back. If the Jets ever trade Ehlers you might see a grown man cry but you won't loose a fan :laugh:

Same for me! Next trip back home, ill be attending Jets games and not the Nucks.

Ive found a special team with great fans and posters.
Id be sad if we lost Eehls, but id still be a Jet thru and thru.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
SW54im5.png

Dark green: Goal
Light green: Assist

Simple, first version of Nik's career scoring/scoring pattern. SOG per game included.

To be possibly upgraded later to contain more information.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
A Danish newspaper asked 5 star athletes to write them a Christmas card. One of them was Ehlers.
Nikolaj Ehlers’ julehilsen til BT: Jeg vil være verdens bedste ishockeyspiller

I translated it quickly as best as I could. If anyone isn't sure of his intent behind any of if I'm happy to take a closer look.

Nikolaj Ehlers Christmas hello to BT: I want to be the best hockey player in the world

Merry Christmas Denmark!

I hope you had some good December days. 2017 is almost over and for me specifically it means goodbye to a really great year.

I’m disappointed that we didn’t make the quarterfinal at the world championship in Germany and that we didn’t make the playoffs with Winnipeg but for me personally it’s been a really good season.

There is no doubt that I want to be a top player in the league but if I am being honest I want to be the best player in the the world. It’s not an easy task but I think I took a step in the right direction this past year.

It’s very difficult to play great in all of the 82 games in the NHL which is why you can’t stop practicing and working hard. If you don’t play well for three games there will be 25-30 other young players that want to play.

When you play in the best league in the world that’s how it works. You need results. The franchise and the coach need results and so if you aren’t playing well the coach has to make changes. So there is always pressure on you.

That’s also why I am incredibly happy and proud I was offered a 7 year one-way deal this summer. For me that means Winnipeg wants me to play for them the next 7 years and that they believe I am a good player. It’s a huge stamp of approval. It’s been one of my goals to play well enough and be one of the best players so that I could stay in this league and I’ve succeeded in that.

What’s important to me, is that I will be playing in the NHL for a long time. In Winnipeg we play in front of 20,000 people every game. Everyone loves hockey in Canada so the atmosphere is always fantastic. It’s an incredible experience.

My ultimate dream is to win the Stanley Cup. It’s the greatest thing you can achieve as a hockey player. This year specifically that dream is challenged a bit because Denmark is hosting the world championship. That’s huge. It will be the biggest sports event in Denmark ever and could be really cool to experience.

I want to win the Stanley Cup the most though. Not just this season but the rest of my career. If we don’t achieve it in 2018 I want to reach the world championship final with the Danish national team while playing in Denmark.

I think both goals are realistic. In Winnipeg we are done going on break yearly and I think so far, this season, we’ve shown we want to play more than 82 games and then go home. I’ve always loved playing with the national team. There is a special team spirit that I haven’t experienced anywhere else. I think Denmarks chances are really good at the world championship so make sure to come out and support us i May.

Best wishes,

Nikolaj Ehlers

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I just love watching Nik Ehlers play !!! You can feel that jolt of electricity when he winds up for one of his end to end rushes --"the fan's go crazy" --and you can hear the crowd's excitement. He reminds me of Bobby Orr leading an end to end rush.

He's certainly one of the fastest skaters in the NHL and really can skate thru an opposing teams defenders like they were mere street pylons. His shot is getting better and better all the time, and he fired 2 lazers against the Sabres. ( top corner)

I still think Nik is the key to the Jets as he brings that level of enthusiasm, and team spirit that you need to win championships. I believe he's in the top 10 already for goal scorers this year, and he's not close to his prime yet.

Nik loves playing in Winnipeg, is loved by all the fans, and makes watching Jet's hockey so much fun. I love this guys spirit, and team attitude he brings with it. He's going to be a bigtime superstar in the NHL -- "well on his way right now." :)

Posted by - the 2nd biggest fan of the Flashing Dane, and "second only" to the Dashing Dane :cool:

Last edited:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I just love watching Nik Ehlers play !!! You can feel that jolt of electricity when he winds up for one of his end to end rushes --"the fan's go crazy" --and you can hear the crowd's excitement. He reminds me of Bobby Orr leading an end to end rush.

He's certainly one of the fastest skaters in the NHL and really can skate thru an opposing teams defenders like they were mere street pylons. His shot is getting better and better all the time, and he fired to lazers against the Sabres. ( top corner)

I still think Nik is the key to the Jets as he brings that level of enthusiasm, and team spirit that you need to win championships. I believe he's in the top 10 already for goal scorers this year, and he's not close to his prime yet.

Nik loves playing in Winnipeg, is loved by all the fans, and makes watching Jet's hockey so much fun. I love this guys spirit, and team attitude he brings with it. He's going to be a bigtime superstar in the NHL -- "well on his way right now." :)

Absolutely. A rare talent and will only get better. We are so fortunate to have him.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
He's certainly one of the fastest skaters in the NHL and really can skate thru an opposing teams defenders like they were mere street pylons. His shot is getting better and better all the time, and he fired 2 lazers against the Sabres. ( top corner)
Posted by - the biggest fan of the Flashing Dane, and "tied with" Dashing Dane :cool:

Fixed it for you ;) I don't mind sharing :D

Reactions: GNP

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

Posted by - the 2nd biggest fan of the Flashing Dane, and "second only" to the Dashing Dane :cool:

Saved me a lot of time writing all this :) I agree with everything wholeheartedly!

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad