Prospect Info: Nikita Novikov, D (188th overall, 2021)

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I think he has a real chance to be a player.
I’m pretty sure he’s a player already.

1684526785189.gif

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
IIRC there was a decent amount of talk around the draft that he went so late because there was genuine concern over ever coming to North America. He followed that by earning a lot of trust with his KHL team and it was clear they wanted him to stay. When news came out he turned down a deal there it was exciting. Getting him signed already (along with Neuchev and Kisakov) is a big deal for our continued efforts to mine Russia for players. The plan to attack the region multiple times instead of throwing a dart here and there is working. We’re going to build a rep as a place Russians will come. That can help in UFA for players already in the league as well as signing picks. Lyubushkin obviously already came via the former.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
IIRC there was a decent amount of talk around the draft that he went so late because there was genuine concern over ever coming to North America. He followed that by earning a lot of trust with his KHL team and it was clear they wanted him to stay. When news came out he turned down a deal there it was exciting. Getting him signed already (along with Neuchev and Kisakov) is a big deal for our continued efforts to mine Russia for players. The plan to attack the region multiple times instead of throwing a dart here and there is working. We’re going to build a rep as a place Russians will come. That can help in UFA for players already in the league as well as signing picks. Lyubushkin obviously already came via the former.
It’ll be perfect when we trade up into the top 7ish for Michkov. Love this signing. He’s gonna be an NHL player.

• Love
Reactions: Fjordy

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
What's the precedent for a defender playing 94 KHL games before his 20th birthday? Not many points so the NHLe probably won't show much, but that's an impressive resumé.

Wonder if Rochester will have a Russian Night next year with altered jerseys and special concession/beverage options.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
What's the precedent for a defender playing 94 KHL games before his 20th birthday? Not many points so the NHLe probably won't show much, but that's an impressive resumé.

Wonder if Rochester will have a Russian Night next year with altered jerseys and special concession/beverage options.

1684531536459.gif

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown

On QuantHockey he has the most KHL games played in a season as a 19 year old d man.

Point wise compared to other NHLers

Dmitry Orlov 45 games 12 points
Alex Romanov 43 games 7 points
Nikita Novikov 62 games 5 points
Nikita Zaitsev 39 games 2 points
Ilya Lyubushkin 32 games 2 points

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Using EP's tool - he's fourth all time in games played by a teenager in the KHL:

#PlayerGPGATP
1​
Zakhar Arzamastsev (D)
113​
4​
9​
13​
2​
Dmitri Orlov (D)
101​
7​
14​
21​
3​
Shakir Mukhamadullin (D)
100​
6​
12​
18​
4​
Nikita Novikov (D)
94​
3​
6​
9​
5​
Vadim Kudako (D)
91​
0​
2​
2​
6​
Andrei Mironov (D)
86​
3​
12​
15​
7​
Alexander Romanov (D)
86​
1​
10​
11​
8​
Alexander Shchemerov (D)
84​
1​
6​
7​
9​
Nikita Zaitsev (D)
79​
0​
3​
3​
10​
Yegor Voronkov (D)
78​
0​
4​
4​

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020

Borscht, vodka and tears? Count me in!

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Nikita Novikov, D

7/25/2003 | 6-foot-3 | 196 pounds | Shoots left

Drafted: No. 188 in 2021

Analysis: Novikov is a tall defenseman with strong hockey sense who may not be a major offensive contributor but projects to be able to move pucks well versus men. His skating is heavy and the one major issue in his toolkit.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
The possibility here is remains delicious. If they could get a 3rd pairing guy out of a pick at 188OA? Please and thank you.
You already know I love the guy. He uses his frame and stick pretty well and tightens up gaps but also has a strong tendency to take himself out of plays. If he can adopt better professional decision making he can become a lot more consistent.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
You’re aiming to low: Granto flush with confidence after shifting Thompson to center leverages Novikov’s height and uses as the starting goalie.

Wildly successful he out duels Levi for the job, wins the Veznia and Montreal finally gets to trade for Devon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad