Prospect Info: Nikita Novikov, D (188th overall, 2021)

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Wonder if they were like me and happened upon Novikov when watching Kisakov...

He stood out to me when I wasn't looking for him as a big defensive D who actually showed a lot of good traits. Went back and watched him some more and realized maybe I just saw a good game of him. Didn't think he was quite a guy worth drafting.

But he is young and big and pretty solid in his own end so why not.

p0nchik

Jul 24, 2021
I think the Pegulas new emphasis on being economical played a role. There's no pressure to sign these guys by a certain date or lose their rights.
Pegula? Economical?

He's still paying like the last 3 fired coaches and just came off another season spending to the cap. Pegula is anything but cheap and drafting Russians has nothing to do with saving money.

New here, not sure if that was sarcasm.

On the NHL sabres website, we don't know have a Russian scout. Also, remember, Pegula fired everything Botteril, so it's not like he fired all of Botteril's scouts to save money. KA didn't have an off-season to hire his guys until now.

Reactions: MacOfNiagara

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Pegula? Economical?

He's still paying like the last 3 fired coaches and just came off another season spending to the cap. Pegula is anything but cheap and drafting Russians has nothing to do with saving money.

New here, not sure if that was sarcasm.

On the NHL sabres website, we don't know have a Russian scout. Also, remember, Pegula fired everything Botteril, so it's not like he fired all of Botteril's scouts to save money. KA didn't have an off-season to hire his guys until now.
Was most definitely sarcasm, welcome to the boards!

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
What teams have one.
Minnesota has a really good young Russian that needs to be signed. What if Minnesota keeps all their cheap young top prospects and trade the guy that's going to cost a lot for Eichel straight up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad