Prospect Info: Nikita Novikov, D (188th overall, 2021)

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Ive been hearing whispers about how underrated this kid is. Theres this tweet from inside blue and gold (STH event with Kevyn Adams)

His contract is up in Russia this year, he could step into Roch next year and may even get a legit chance to fight for the 3LD spot in camp.

This whole thread was interesting, and a bit deep.

Trying to get Ostlund over here, imo, suddenly makes the Bloom trade make a bit more sense.

The 3 Russians wanting to come here, I buy. I'm looking for some Russian mentorship for the AHL team (Petrovic) this off-season.

I'd love to get Novikov here now, and have done that in some mocks. Makes sense for both sides.

Last edited:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The 3 Russians wanting to come here, I buy. I'm looking for some Russian mentorship for the AHL team (Petrovic) this off-season.

I'd love to get Novikov here now, and have done that in some mocks. Makes sense for both sides.

I know he wouldn't be a mentor in the traditional sense, but having Kisakov over this year should also help guys like Novikov/Poltapov/Neuchev big time if they choose to come next year.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
I wouldn't plan on any Russians coming here soon. Especially, if that business around Michkov's father is real.

I'd ask @Fjordy for his insider opinion, but I haven't seen him here for a while.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I know he wouldn't be a mentor in the traditional sense, but having Kisakov over this year should also help guys like Novikov/Poltapov/Neuchev big time if they choose to come next year.
Yeah, I mean, this response will likely get tagged for making it political, but if I were a russian prospect, I'd want to get to North America sooner rather than later. Who knows if there's more mobilizations, and whether or not they'll include athletes.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Poltapov is under contract for another two years.
I'm not expecting to see Poltapov until he's like 23 or 24. Plays for CSKA Moskva, same team as Fedotov last year, and Kaprizov played for. Don't those teams players have some sort of military requirement they need to fulfill first?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm not expecting to see Poltapov until he's like 23 or 24. Plays for CSKA Moskva, same team as Fedotov last year, and Kaprizov played for. Don't those teams players have some sort of military requirement they need to fulfill first?

The law is every male from 18-27 years of age is to serve 1 year as a conscript.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
The law is every male from 18-27 years of age is to serve 1 year as a conscript.
Apparently Russia doesn't have many of those left. You have to wonder in these times if the government is putting pressure on these kids to stick around or worse, fight.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Petro in Rochester would be amazing, pay him a veteran NHL minimum salary.
No way in heck Novikov is in play for NHL spot next season. Would love Rochester pairs something like this
RyJo - Petrovic
Clague/Bryson - Strand
Novikov - Prow
Jandric - Cecconi

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Yeah, I mean, this response will likely get tagged for making it political, but if I were a russian prospect, I'd want to get to North America sooner rather than later. Who knows if there's more mobilizations, and whether or not they'll include athletes.
they are not going to do that in a general way; unless you do something to annoy the authorities its those far away from the public eye.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I hope Russia don't play politics here.
Thats what I would worry about. Dynamo has been around for a long time and I am sure their connections run deep.

Go on "vacation" when you decide to make your decision. Didn't they stop the Philly goalie at the airport after he signed his contract? Or maybe I am thinking of a Russian spy movie

I think no one even knows where Fedotov is right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Thats what I would worry about. Dynamo has been around for a long time and I am sure their connections run deep.

Go on "vacation" when you decide to make your decision. Didn't they stop the Philly goalie at the airport after he signed his contract? Or maybe I am thinking of a Russian spy movie

I think no one even knows where Fedotov is right now.

Fedotov is in Severomosk near the northern border with Finland.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad